VA, CO (Fox): Clinton +7 (VA), +10 (CO)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:28:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  VA, CO (Fox): Clinton +7 (VA), +10 (CO)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: VA, CO (Fox): Clinton +7 (VA), +10 (CO)  (Read 3866 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2016, 12:25:58 AM »

New Poll: Virginia President by Fox News on 2016-07-12

Summary: D: 39%, R: 34%, U: 12%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2016, 12:33:53 AM »

Trump can't even win a poll from FOX?! Sad!

Another double digit lead in Colorado. So where is everybody who was concern trolling about how she would lose the state by 90+ points? (I know, polls four months before actual election don't matter, but she seems to be cleaning house in a state where some Atlasians thought she would lose by double digits.)

So if you put these together:
1. A Clinton national lead of 5%
2. Clinton tied or falling behind in OH/PA/FL
3. Clinton ahead by double digits in CO (Fox, Monmouth)

Does the battleground map now look like this?

Because as weird as that looks, that's what polling is telling me.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2016, 01:24:52 AM »

Another double digit lead in Colorado. So where is everybody who was concern trolling about how she would lose the state by 90+ points? (I know, polls four months before actual election don't matter, but she seems to be cleaning house in a state where some Atlasians thought she would lose by double digits.)

The denizens of Colorado are a peaceful, pot smoking people. They hated the shrill bitch, but Trump kills their buzz even more. Hillary will protect their right to stay blazed 420, and we know that is the only issue 100% of Coloradans care about.
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2016, 02:13:44 AM »

Is Georgia really a toss-up? The RCP map has it that way, but the poll-average has Trump +4. I dont think Georgia is in play (i would put in lean trump for now untill beter polls for Clinton will show up) and I doubt Arizona is. That said: these polls are far off from where Trump has to be. He's got to improve his overall numbers. Maybe a shift in Obama's approval ratings will help, i've noticed they are trending down for the last two weeks.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2016, 08:04:21 AM »

Is Georgia really a toss-up? The RCP map has it that way, but the poll-average has Trump +4. I dont think Georgia is in play (i would put in lean trump for now untill beter polls for Clinton will show up) and I doubt Arizona is. That said: these polls are far off from where Trump has to be. He's got to improve his overall numbers. Maybe a shift in Obama's approval ratings will help, i've noticed they are trending down for the last two weeks.

My main point is these polls are ridiculous.  If Clinton is up that much nationally, but even in FL/OH/PA, she must be gaining elsewhere, which actually is reflected in the CO/AZ polls.  I mean, it's feasible there is a northeast-southwest shift, but I'm not putting much stock into it until we see September polls that say the same thing.

GA is probably lean R; Clinton hasn't been ahead in any poll I can remember, but there have been a whole bunch of close ones.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2016, 07:03:57 PM »

Also been saying since the beginning it's PA OH FL or bust.

The Trump campaign has a few months to build an operation like we've never seen before and pour money into the state of Pennsylvania unforeseen by any previous Republican nominee or they can accept their loss starting now.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2016, 09:51:11 PM »

My main point is these polls are ridiculous.  If Clinton is up that much nationally, but even in FL/OH/PA, she must be gaining elsewhere, which actually is reflected in the CO/AZ polls.  I mean, it's feasible there is a northeast-southwest shift, but I'm not putting much stock into it until we see September polls that say the same thing.

GA is probably lean R; Clinton hasn't been ahead in any poll I can remember, but there have been a whole bunch of close ones.

I have already explained where Clinton's inflated numbers on the national level come from.

Trump is losing the Dem states big - bigger than Romney. California, for instance.

Trump also has much smaller leads in safe Pub states, such as Texas, Utah, Kansas, Nebraska, Kentucky, Georgia, etc...

But he has better results in the Northeast and the industrial heartland, like New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Connecticut, Maine, etc...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies