How many more national elections until Democratic fatigue?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:11:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  How many more national elections until Democratic fatigue?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: How many more national elections until Democratic fatigue?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: How many more national elections until Democratic fatigue?  (Read 2555 times)
Camaro33
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.23, S: 0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 06:08:16 PM »

There is probably more fatigue with Democrats than Republicans. The problem is Republicans have a few major problems that make that fatigue a better alternative to many demographics in the voting booth. I think most people across all demographics want a fiscally conservative government with mostly conservative views on the economy, national security, and terrorism. It's just the social views, religion, some anti-science stances, and general comments against people who aren't straight white men that instantly alienate 45-50% of the country no matter what.
hopper
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 12:10:41 AM »

I think their is fatigue everywhere, democrat, republican, insider, outsider...republicans are screwing themselves out of the presidency probably for a few more terms minimum by not holding more moderate positions on social issues, alienating minorities, and continually voting for crazies at the state and national level. They have no one to blame but themselves.
Let me break this down a bit:

Moderate positions on social issues: Well being for "Immigration Reform" comes to mind.

Alienting Minorities: Trump's rhetoric about Mexicans is totally unacceptable.

Voting for Crazies at the National and State Level: Well Republicans aren't having problems getting in people voted in at the State Level or at the Congressional Level. Its the Presidency as you have put it that they have put themselves out of of late.
hopper
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 12:26:43 AM »

There is probably more fatigue with Democrats than Republicans. The problem is Republicans have a few major problems that make that fatigue a better alternative to many demographics in the voting booth. I think most people across all demographics want a fiscally conservative government with mostly conservative views on the economy, national security, and terrorism. It's just the social views, religion, some anti-science stances, and general comments against people who aren't straight white men that instantly alienate 45-50% of the country no matter what.
Let me break this down again:

Religion: Yeah Republicans have to pander usually to Evangelicals because its their base in the Deep South. Yet, Trump really didn't pander to Evangelicals and he still won the primary.

Anti-Science-I don't think Republicans are anti-science. I mean people thought we were gonna have an "ice age" when Carter was President. It never happened.

General Comments about people who are not white men-As I said before Trumps comments about Mexicans are unacceptable. I think the party as a whole  is starting to understand that some of their rhetoric mostly against Latinos was offensive in the past except for Trump. The party was against Trump's proposed Muslim ban for example.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 01:41:31 PM »

Could be as late as 2032 (if ever). Clinton will likely win reelection, and I could easily see her VP/heir apparent winning two terms as well. It's not even clear at this point if the Republican Party is going to survive much longer.
indietraveler

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 07:32:26 PM »

I think their is fatigue everywhere, democrat, republican, insider, outsider...republicans are screwing themselves out of the presidency probably for a few more terms minimum by not holding more moderate positions on social issues, alienating minorities, and continually voting for crazies at the state and national level. They have no one to blame but themselves.
Let me break this down a bit:

Moderate positions on social issues: Well being for "Immigration Reform" comes to mind.

Alienting Minorities: Trump's rhetoric about Mexicans is totally unacceptable.

Voting for Crazies at the National and State Level: Well Republicans aren't having problems getting in people voted in at the State Level or at the Congressional Level. Its the Presidency as you have put it that they have put themselves out of of late.

Yes, true, my point was more that some of the republicans that are getting elected are ruining the party name as a whole. I'm thinking of some past comments about race, rape, etc. A lot of people probably don't remember who specifically said what, but some comments have likely made impacts on some regarding their view of the party. The extreme few on the right, regardless their level of office, are driving the mainstream view of the party.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 08:23:21 PM »

2020. Assuming a Clinton victory in November, I don't see her getting a 2nd term.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 09:59:00 PM »

The question remains as to how elastic young voters, Hispanics and maybe most importantly, Cubans will be in the next decade.

IF they prove inelastic and vote Democratic no matter what, then the GOP is in real, real trouble.  But, Romney did win the baby vote (18-21 yr olds) in 2012.  So, who knows?

Normally, we say wait until an economic downturn, but with a relatively shaky economy in 2012, Obama still beat Romney by a comfortable margin in large part to minority voters and the youth vote.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies