Should the Democratic Superdelegates refuse to nominate Clinton?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:11:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Should the Democratic Superdelegates refuse to nominate Clinton?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Given Comey's statement, who should get the Democratic nomination?
Clinton (D)

Clinton (R/I)

Not Clinton (D)

Not Clinton (R/I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Should the Democratic Superdelegates refuse to nominate Clinton?  (Read 8655 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »

This. Hell, if they chose Biden there would be at least a 50% chance I'd vote Dem.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2016, 01:33:19 PM »

Hilldog should end her candidacy. End it with some decency. She lied, her behavior was so inappropriate and dangerous, that she's disqualified to be president.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2016, 01:44:32 PM »

I'm a member of the court of public opinion.  And right now the integrity of Clinton and the Democratic Party is on trial.   Not being indicted criminally doesn't exonerate her of gross recklessness and dishonesty, and it doesn't exonerate the Democratic Party of culpability in endorsing these qualities as befitting the office of President of the United States.

You sound like a lunatic. You're building a short life span for yourself if you keep yourself mired in such negativity for such petty reasons.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2016, 02:01:21 PM »

But what exactly is convenient about hiring an IT staff to run servers out of your own home?  This is an elaborate scheme and we deserve to know the motives and reasoning behind it,

It's worth nothing that she had a server in her home during her 2008 presidential campaign (which in turn was an extension of a server Bill used prior to that), and by all accounts her later State servers were just an extension of that. From her perspective she was just doing the same thing she'd always done.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source.

It's not like "Gee, normally Secretaries of State have a .gov account, but I'm going to go out of my way to set up this totally new thing."

It was more like "The last SoS had no e-mail address and her aides used personal e-mail domains, and the SoS before that used a personal e-mail domain himself, so I'll use my personal e-mail domain also, which just happens to be hosted at my house." Most likely, at the very beginning it really was just a matter of convenience and familiarity.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2016, 02:15:57 PM »

Hilldog should end her candidacy. End it with some decency. She lied, her behavior was so inappropriate and dangerous, that she's disqualified to be president.

Good thing Hillary doesn't listen to detractors like you. Our country would miss out on a great President-to-be. Wink
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2016, 03:01:10 PM »

Good thing Hillary doesn't listen to detractors like you. Our country would miss out on a great President-to-be. Wink
cringe
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2016, 03:04:38 PM »

Hillary's supporters are among the most disenfranchised and systematically oppressed people in America. So let's ignore them even more!

You're right. All Hillary supporters have it so much worse than Blacks, Native Americans, undocumented immigrants, and Muslims.

Hillary overwhelmingly won minorities...

Huh

Okay, and white male Hillary supporters are more oppressed than minorities who supported Sanders because....?

I didn't say that, although I admit my wording could have been confusing...

Statistically, Hillary supporters are more likely to be people who've been oppressed based on certain markers of their identity. Ignoring the will of the voters who gave her the nomination would, by extension, be yet another way of oppressing these people who already experience serious systematic oppression.

Individuals who have been oppressed have obviously supported both candidates. But if you were to disenfranchise the whole group of supporters for one candidate or the other, it's pretty clear that Hillary's base, as a whole, would be more used to this bullsh-t than Sanders'.  
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2016, 03:45:14 PM »

Hillary's supporters are among the most disenfranchised and systematically oppressed people in America. So let's ignore them even more!

You're right. All Hillary supporters have it so much worse than Blacks, Native Americans, undocumented immigrants, and Muslims.

Hillary overwhelmingly won minorities...

Huh

Okay, and white male Hillary supporters are more oppressed than minorities who supported Sanders because....?

I didn't say that, although I admit my wording could have been confusing...

Statistically, Hillary supporters are more likely to be people who've been oppressed based on certain markers of their identity. Ignoring the will of the voters who gave her the nomination would, by extension, be yet another way of oppressing these people who already experience serious systematic oppression.

Individuals who have been oppressed have obviously supported both candidates. But if you were to disenfranchise the whole group of supporters for one candidate or the other, it's pretty clear that Hillary's base, as a whole, would be more used to this bullsh-t than Sanders'.  

The 16 million total people of all races, colors, and genders who voted for Clinton in the primaries speak for all 85 million non-whites in this country?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2016, 03:49:32 PM »

LOL at this thread. The desperation tastes so sweet.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2016, 04:30:08 PM »

I realize this is just a wet dream thread so these replies fit perfectly, but good lord guys, really? Yeah, Democrats are going to ditch the lady who won the black vote overwhelmingly for a Confederate flag fetishist who left the Democratic Party and said he'd vote for Trump.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2016, 04:46:57 PM »

No, they would show the middle finger to millions of voters by doing this.

Yes. I preferred somebody else to win, but we must respect the democratic process.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2016, 04:49:06 PM »

Still trying to spin lint into gold. What part of no charges do you people not understand? Get over it and move.

Let's say a VP of operations at a public Fortune 500 company is found to have maintained close friendships with sales executives of several vendors.  On business trips they went to concerts, high-profile sporting events, cruises, and so forth.  He then signed lucrative, no-bid contracts with his friends' firms.  Some shareholders raised a stink and called the FBI in to investigate.  While the FBI said there was excessive impropriety, there was no evidence of criminal bribery, and no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges. Is this someone you would want to nominate as your CEO?

Your novel is pretty crappy. No charges equals end of story. You might consider yourself a prosecutor on the internet, but you have no authority in real life.

I'm a member of the court of public opinion.  And right now the integrity of Clinton and the Democratic Party is on trial.   Not being indicted criminally doesn't exonerate her of gross recklessness and dishonesty, and it doesn't exonerate the Democratic Party of culpability in endorsing these qualities as befitting the office of President of the United States.
Sure, nominate someone else. I'll just vote for Johnson as I originally intended to do if Sanders won.

I'm no Democrat, so please don't cry "loyalty" at me.
skoods
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2016, 04:54:05 PM »

Delete your account.
skoods
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »

Look at the lying, cheating, adulterating, raping, racist, sexist candidate you support buddy.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2016, 05:00:22 PM »

Look at the lying, cheating, adulterating, raping, racist, sexist candidate you support buddy.

LOL! Sugarcoat much?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2016, 05:02:40 PM »

If you've been following the e-mail story at all, this shouldn't be a new conclusion to you. She was careless in this instance. We knew that early on. Why is this a new shocking revelation to you?
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2016, 05:10:33 PM »

If you've been following the e-mail story at all, this shouldn't be a new conclusion to you. She was careless in this instance. We knew that early on. Why is this a new shocking revelation to you?

The weight of condemnation was not what I was expecting.  And I am utterly terrified that this will set us down the road to President Trump.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2016, 05:14:55 PM »

The weight of condemnation was not what I was expecting.  And I am utterly terrified that this will set us down the road to President Trump.

Abstaining from concern trolling and Chicken Littling would certainly help us avoid going down the road to President Trump.

It's July and the American public has the attention span of a goldfish. Nobody will care in a month, besides people who were never voting for her to begin with.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2016, 07:07:58 PM »

Abstaining from concern trolling and Chicken Littling would certainly help us avoid going down the road to President Trump.

It's July and the American public has the attention span of a goldfish. Nobody will care in a month, besides people who were never voting for her to begin with.

You're right.  I myself am done caring.  If Hillary had sent goons to break into someone's campaign office and steal papers, then deleted the taped conversation where she discussed it, would it really matter to me?  In all honesty, no.  At this point, I wouldn't friggin' care.  This cycle is such a joke, these candidates are such jokes (that includes Bernie Sanders), and Donald Trump is such a disaster that the choice presented is no choice.  I would vote for Richard Nixon over Trump knowing full well what he did or would do.

I'm going back to commenting on likely election outcomes and keeping my opinions to myself.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2016, 07:11:38 PM »

I would vote for Jim Webb with such haste and enthusiasm over Donald Trump it's not even funny. I actually feel as though Jim Webb would win decisively in an election against Trump.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2016, 07:21:33 PM »

I would vote for Jim Webb with such haste and enthusiasm over Donald Trump it's not even funny. I actually feel as though Jim Webb would win decisively in an election against Trump.

In an Atlas Forum poll, yes. In the real world, Democrats want nothing to do with the Trump loving Confederate flag fetishist. He's the one that would cause a significant Green Party vote, not Hillary.

Why would Webb run against someone he supports anyway?
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2020, 10:40:08 AM »

Much Chicken Little. So concern troll. Very bed-wetting.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies