Bernie die-hards meltdown over FBI's Clinton decision.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:42:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie die-hards meltdown over FBI's Clinton decision.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bernie die-hards meltdown over FBI's Clinton decision.  (Read 2080 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2016, 03:56:58 PM »
« edited: July 05, 2016, 03:59:30 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/politics/bernie-sanders-fbi-hillary-clinton-email/index.html?sr=fbpol070516bernie-sanders-fbi-hillary-clinton-email0729PMStoryLink&linkId=26240765
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 05:37:28 PM »

That's funny, I was listening to right-wing talk radio for the salt on the way home and they were all saying "We have a rigged system" and using the Bernie bro language, twice they even explicitly mentioned Hillary stealing the primary from "poor Bernie Sanders" as one of their examples of her corruption and the "rigged system."

Remember when I made that thread about how the right wing was using Bernie Bro talking points to try to be a new home for their Hillary hatred, and everyone mocked me?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 06:12:02 PM »

That's funny, I was listening to right-wing talk radio for the salt on the way home and they were all saying "We have a rigged system" and using the Bernie bro language, twice they even explicitly mentioned Hillary stealing the primary from "poor Bernie Sanders" as one of their examples of her corruption and the "rigged system."

Remember when I made that thread about how the right wing was using Bernie Bro talking points to try to be a new home for their Hillary hatred, and everyone mocked me?
I don't know why any reasonable non-red hack avatar would mock you there. It's common sense that Trump is attempting to create a bridge to the Bernie Bros. Using the rhetoric that system is "rigged" does just that.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 06:25:36 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2016, 06:28:47 PM by RaphaelDLG »

I don't know why any reasonable non-red hack avatar would mock you there. It's common sense that Trump is attempting to create a bridge to the Bernie Bros. Using the rhetoric that system is "rigged" does just that.

The objection wasn't to argue that this isn't what Trump is opportunistically trying to do, the objection was the assertion Bernie deserves to shoulder significant blame for it:

Actually, Elizabeth Warren and even Hillary herself (whose announcement commercial eons ago talked about a system "where the deck is stacked against middle class families") have been using this language long before Sanders entered the race/became famous, because... it's an accurate depiction of the current American political system, as common sense and academic research will tell you.

But of course, as we all know, you interpret everything through your lens of delusional animus toward Sanders, where everything is his fault and everything he says is insane.

In episode XLVIII, Trump uses Bernie's language of "rigged system" to talk about trade in New Hampshire.  It seems like every day there's another instance of the GOP and Trump explicitly trying to make up their gap with Clinton but targeting disaffected Sanders voters and basically using the same conspiracy theories and complaints that Bernie drilled into the heads of his supporters.  He needs to hurry up and endorse before it's too late.

Actually, as was discussed in a thread earlier this week, Sanders' supporters are consolidating behind Hillary faster than the PUMAs did in '08.  So Bernie does not really need to hurry up.  He already said that he plans to vote for Hillary, stopped attacking her, and encouraged his supporters to stop Trump.  Hillary likely won't lose because America isn't stupid and she's too smart, but if she does, it'll be her own fault for running a tone-deaf campaign.

There are simply some people who are too stupid to be reachable, and those people were never going to vote for Hillary, anyway.  Luckily, as polls show, that number was fairly small among Bernie supporters.  It's her responsibility to shred Trump's argument to persuade any others.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 06:36:41 PM »

I would also add that it's worth repeating that Sanders publicly denounced Trump's transparently opportunistic, cheap characterization of the Democratic primary as "rigged" and said flatly that it wasn't rigged.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:34:40 PM »

Read this if you feel like some comic relief:

https://www.facebook.com/FBI/reviews/

The game is to determine if each commenter is a Berniebot or a Trumpeter.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 12:33:16 AM »

What's more disgusting is the Hillbots celebrating their "queen" being above the rule of law.  Heil Hillary!
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 01:09:42 AM »

What's more disgusting is the Hillbots celebrating their "queen" being above the rule of law.  Heil Hillary!

No, we were celebrating another defeat of yet another right-wing partisan driven witch hunt. The other former Secretaries of State and government officials who used private email would like a word with you. Yes, it feels good beating the Republicans at their own game.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 02:04:00 AM »

Exactly. Thread title should be Reasonable Americans meltdown over FBI's Clinton decision.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 02:12:19 AM »

Exactly. Thread title should be Reasonable Silly Americans meltdown over FBI's Clinton decision.

Fixed. Wink

I'm sad you didn't take my bet, but maybe next time you'll learn not to read too much into every anti-Hillary screed you hear on FOX.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 02:24:40 AM »

RIP Reddit, FF.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 02:45:53 AM »

No, we were celebrating another defeat of yet another right-wing partisan driven witch hunt. The other former Secretaries of State and government officials who used private email would like a word with you. Yes, it feels good beating the Republicans at their own game.

Yes, feel good and celebrate that your candidate flat out lied to you and other voters about this issue, and actually did do something wrong. Celebrate that your candidate was "extremely careless" with classified information. Because that's clearly the kind of person who belongs in the White House.

It shouldn't have mattered that she didn't intend to violate laws, when using the "gross negligence" argument, intent absolutely does not matter. Are you going to start calling for folks that were put through the ringer for doing a whole lot less than Hillary did to have their names cleared?

But you know, let's paint Hillary as this perfect candidate who can never do wrong and is above the law "cuz 1st woman prez" and "not Trump".
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 02:58:59 AM »

Yes, feel good and celebrate that your candidate flat out lied to you and other voters about this issue, and actually did do something wrong. Celebrate that your candidate was "extremely careless" with classified information. Because that's clearly the kind of person who belongs in the White House.

It shouldn't have mattered that she didn't intend to violate laws, when using the "gross negligence" argument, intent absolutely does not matter. Are you going to start calling for folks that were put through the ringer for doing a whole lot less than Hillary did to have their names cleared?

But you know, let's paint Hillary as this perfect candidate who can never do wrong and is above the law "cuz 1st woman prez" and "not Trump".

Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 03:30:38 AM »

I rate this entire thread an 8 b8 out of 8, m8s
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 03:43:34 AM »

Exactly. Thread title should be Reasonable Silly Americans meltdown over FBI's Clinton decision.

Fixed. Wink

I'm sad you didn't take my bet, but maybe next time you'll learn not to read too much into every anti-Hillary screed you hear on FOX.

Julian Assange may bury her yet.  Edward Snowden and Gen. Petraeus are definitely wondering WTF along the rest of us "silly" not-Hillbot Americans.  Only your subset of the Democratic party is defending her, others left, right, center and other all disagree.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 03:47:10 AM »

Fixed. Wink

Julian Assange may bury her yet.  Edward Snowden and Gen. Petraeus are definitely wondering WTF along the rest of us "silly" not-Hillbot Americans.  Only your subset of the Democratic party is defending her, others left, right, center and other all disagree.

1) Assange and Snowden are considered enemies of the state by Republicans.

2) Petraeus has endorsed Clinton.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 03:53:38 AM »

Fixed. Wink

1) Assange and Snowden are considered enemies of the state by Republicans.
Again, I'm not a Republican. These two are FFs of the highest degree in my book.  If Hillary didn't do it out of idiocy, senility, or idgaf and had the agenda to expose something that harmed the people of the US...but nope just wanted to access secure emails on her crackberry or whatever. Good job.

Googled...yes he did a couple years ago. Would like to hear from him now.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 03:56:28 AM »

Fixed. Wink

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 04:12:07 AM »

Googled...yes he did a couple years ago. Would like to hear from him now.

Oh, I'm sure he would love to see TRUMP president. Not that he has denounced his muslim ban and his other nutty ideas.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 05:48:41 AM »

Fixed. Wink

People like you mindlessly supporting a crook like Hillary Clinton will be the death of the democratic party .

By the way how's those Bananas ?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 11:44:16 AM »

You mad, bro?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 02:02:16 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2016, 10:49:59 PM by Joe Republic »

Julian Assange may bury her yet.

When all your remaining hope lies with a pasty weirdo who literally hasn't left a building in four years because the cops are waiting outside to arrest him for rape, you might just be grasping at straws at this point.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 03:55:28 PM »

Fixed. Wink

People like you mindlessly supporting a crook like Hillary Clinton will be the death of the democratic party .

By the way how's those Bananas ?

She's a crook? The Republican FBI director stated otherwise, Mr. "independent." Wink
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 05:08:45 PM »

It's kinda funny how obsessed Atlas is with Bernie and his supporters.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 08:03:17 PM »

I am looking forward to the upcoming endorsement outrage.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies