Are you afraid of death? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:14:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are you afraid of death? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you afraid of death?
Yes.
A bit.
No.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Are you afraid of death?  (Read 11848 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 07, 2016, 11:21:42 PM »

Yes, and I hate thinking about it.  I only really ponder it while laying in bed late at night.  There arent really any other thoughts that pop into my head that bother me as much as the thought of death.  I desperately want to believe in an afterlife, anything at all, but I find myself constantly doubting, depite trying my best to be a good Christian.

The thought of there be nothing after death is the worst, even though I know "nothingness" wouldnt bother me because I wouldnt exist to be bothered anyway. 
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 02:23:20 AM »

Heavens no. I have my time, and so far, despite the troubles that I have had, and most of us will have, it has been a rewarding and worthwhile run for me, but it must end eventually.  I also value the quality of life, so I don't want to live in a twilight existence. And I don't believe in a literal after life. When it's the end, it's the end. I hope for those who were my friends and lovers and partners, that they consider overall that I was good to them and my troop. That is good enough for me.

I hope you don’t plan on leaving us anytime soon, Torie.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies