Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:08:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen  (Read 9237 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« on: July 16, 2016, 09:55:39 PM »

Leinad,

During the constitutional convention what was the change from the previous constitution people wanted? Previously holding multiple offices was banned. Was it asked to let members of Congress  also be allowed to hold Cabinet jobs?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:27 PM »

Again, I struggle to see what you're asking. Truman introduced it here, everyone was given ample opportunity to amend it, but they ultimately did not.

Also, I see you read the confirmation hearings enough to pick up on Blair's non-sequitur question, yet somehow not enough to bring this up when we had an actual confirmation hearing on Peebs. I'm sorry, but I fail to understand why you waited to bring this up until AFTER she was confirmed.

I had seen Blair's question on dual office holding and was checking for an answer. Your post stating since the nomination was not stopped it presumably allowed regional members to hold Cabinet offices made me look for the comstitution clause and post it. It doesn't work that way, if something is not stopped when it happens doesn't mean it becomes legitimized if it is not according to the constitution.

I didn't intervene before because I didn't about a potential issue with the constitution. A confirmation focuses on the ability to hold the job. We used to have dual office ban so it was not an issue, after you got confirmed for Cabinet, you quit your other job.

Maybe I should try to ask more questions. When NCYankee was nominated justice I wondered who would became leader of the Federalist party. I expected he would leave the party Chair job but I haven't read he will yet.

It shouldn't bother you if everybody vote to confirm or nobody said anything at the time, no one tried to stop it etc. if you really beleive the constitution allows almost everyone (except Justices) to hold an elected office and a nominated office.

The clause was introduced at the constitutional convention but nobody talked about it, asked what it meant exactly, what elected officials could be in Cabinet. The delegates reading it could  conclude that House members were now allowed to hold Cabinet position like it is explicitly written or concluded reading it that almost anybody can hold a nominated office and elected office in seeing the use of word elected instead of hold multiple offices. It would be a strange clause to go to the trouble of specifying a groupe of people can hold dual offices if even more people not specified are allowed to. The way it was written minus one word it looks like only House members were allowed to hold dual offices.

I thought with the new start of the game we would have less "legalities", debating meaning of words, find holes. We might need to define everything, what is considered elected office (will someone claim speaker is an elected office for example), public office, principle officer. That is tedious.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 09:16:35 PM »

*rant on*

You rammed this through while The social conservatives have been gone. We can't have laws passed when one group of Atlasians did not have an opportunity to speak on the subject. It would be like ramming an abortion ban while only prolife reps are in session.

*rant off*

I'm asking President Leinad to reconsider his signature to this legislation. Until serious reworking is done I will seek its repeal. Plus the regions should have final and absolute sovereignty on marriage. Not the federal government.

You can't count on Federalist leaders. Like on the death penalty issue, they had the votes to do something, propose amendments to keep it in some circumstances or let each region decides. No they voted for a total national ban. And they used to complain the federal government was solving issues for the whole country and removing topic for debate.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 04:24:41 PM »

I think there is an error in the section 2 of Replacement in the SoFE executive order, The Secretary of Elections does not run the Census Bureau.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies