Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen  (Read 9231 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 19, 2016, 09:31:28 PM »

Mr. President, this bill has passed both houses:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

X Leinad

I recently signed the evergreen-Tmthforu94 LGBTQ+ Rights Act, because I feel that it's important for the government to treat people the same, and no one offered objections strong enough to convince me to veto the positive things this bill will do.

No objections were raised because I'm on loa. This legislation should be held up for review till concerns can be given and real debate on this issue had. If said concerns are disregarded, I will write a proposal to repeal.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:47:02 PM »

I recently signed the evergreen-Tmthforu94 LGBTQ+ Rights Act, because I feel that it's important for the government to treat people the same, and no one offered objections strong enough to convince me to veto the positive things this bill will do.
a beautiful day for atlasia Cheesy:D:D
Thank you, Mr. President!!! Smiley

It needs reworked. They gay community got everything they wanted and people of faith are left with no protections in said legislation.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 07:38:01 PM »

a beautiful day for atlasia Cheesy:D:D
Thank you, Mr. President!!! Smiley

It needs reworked. They gay community got everything they wanted and people of faith are left with no protections in said legislation.
Sure their are, individuals may decline to perform SS weddings based on religious beliefs.   

Not good enough.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 07:48:33 PM »

The bill has been signed into law. You are welcome to introduce new legislation that would amend it and we can discuss those proposed changes.

*rant on*

You rammed this through while The social conservatives have been gone. We can't have laws passed when one group of Atlasians did not have an opportunity to speak on the subject. It would be like ramming an abortion ban while only prolife reps are in session.

*rant off*

I'm asking President Leinad to reconsider his signature to this legislation. Until serious reworking is done I will seek its repeal. Plus the regions should have final and absolute sovereignty on marriage. Not the federal government.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies