Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:25:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen  (Read 9288 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: July 02, 2016, 12:51:25 AM »
« edited: November 04, 2016, 11:01:54 AM by President Leinad »

Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration

Welcome to the public office of the Leinad/Lumine administration! This thread will be focused on interaction with the Atlasian public, while the White House thread will be focused on more official matters.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 12:52:10 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2016, 10:35:18 PM by President Leinad »

Information

President: Leinad (Fed-GA)
Vice President: Lumine (UA-UT)

Secretary of State: Harry S. Truman (Lab-IN)
Secretary of Internal Affairs: 1184AZ (Lab-KS)
Registrar General: Peebs (Lab-NC)
Secretary of Federal Elections: RPryor03 (UA-HI)

Game Moderator: [Vacant]
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 12:52:32 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2016, 03:53:10 PM by President Leinad »

Note: this speech was made yesterday, but the transcript was stolen by a particularly mischievous-looking squirrel who, after intensive questioning, is suspected to come from Arizona.

President Leinad's Inauguration Speech

Thousands about to be disappointed this is not a rock concert. (Sorry, it was a printing error.)

Thank you for attending, everyone! It's been a crazy time, hasn't it? The fact that I am speaking to you as President of Atlasia is still quite a surprise to me, especially since I was decidedly not running as recent as two months ago. In just a little over a year I went from annoying new guy who everyone thought was a sock, to becoming the first libertarian President ever, and the first Georgian President since the last President. I thank the many people who have helped me along the way: including Yankee, PiT, Tmth, Lumine, Ted Bessell, and many others omitted for space. I would also like to thank Cris, who in an alternate reality would be entering his second term as my Vice President, and who, along with Classic Conservative--another one deserving thanks--worked hard to make the Constitutional Convention a reality before I was even on board.

2016 will be remembered as the year of reform. We completed and ratified the Constitutional Convention, under the leadership of President Griffin, Presiding Officers Cris and then Truman, and to an extent myself as well--that was the game reform phase. While more game reform may still be necessary, to work out the kinks in what was truly a massive set of changes, we will nevertheless turn the main focus to policy reform. We will enact tax reform, budgetary reform, criminal justice reform, healthcare reform, education reform, immigration reform, and not only will this discussion of policy reinvigorate the game of Atlasia, these policies will reinvigorate the nation of Atlasia!

Regardless of where you are politically, I encourage every one of you most of you to become more active. The AFE board should be a bustling hub of activity, every election should have multiple candidates more than seats, and every office should be filled with someone who has the desire, the eagerness, to contribute. This dream of an active Atlasia sounds far-fetched, but it is entirely within the realm of reality. However, as hard as I may try--and I will put forward my best effort to improve Atlasia--this vision cannot be implemented by one person. It starts with you. Yes, you. And everyone else.

Thank you, everyone, may Dave bless all of you, and may Dave bless the great Republic of Atlasia!

-Leinad
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 02:59:35 AM »

I recently made these two executive orders. This:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am accepting applicants for the two vacant spots on the Constitutional Ad-Hoc Committee.

And this:

Expect more tomorrow--such as cabinet appointments--and also more regularity of updates as the metaphorical furniture gets moved in.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 08:15:56 PM »

I am accepting applicants for the three vacant spots on the Wiki Committee.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 01:30:12 AM »

Just executed a few more things:

I'm working on the other cabinet spots, too. The hard part of this is recreating everything from scratch--but it's also the fun part. Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 03:58:03 AM »

I officially approve of PiT's nomination of North Carolina Yankee, confirmed by the Southern Legislature, as Southern Regional Supreme Court Associate Justice

-Leinad
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 12:31:08 AM »

As you can see, I've appointed Ted Bessell and Peebs to join Adam Griffin and Clyde on the Wiki Committee. Only one spot left, now is the time for interested people to apply!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 02:23:20 AM »

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 02:26:39 AM »

Okay, that's all 5 in the Wiki Committee. The Constitutional Ad Hoc Committee still has two spots open, however.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 12:23:33 AM »

During the constitutional convention what was the change from the previous constitution people wanted?

Not sure I understand this question. People wanted lots of changes--one of the main things people wanted was less offices. This is a way to allow an active player like Peebs to regularly maintain the voter rolls and also propose and debate legislation in the Southern Legislature. The alternatives would be to put an inactive player in the position, thus risking long absences, or keeping an active player from filling an office in one of the regional legislatures (which is still something people struggle to do).

Again, I struggle to see what you're asking. Truman introduced it here, everyone was given ample opportunity to amend it, but they ultimately did not.

Also, I see you read the confirmation hearings enough to pick up on Blair's non-sequitur question, yet somehow not enough to bring this up when we had an actual confirmation hearing on Peebs. I'm sorry, but I fail to understand why you waited to bring this up until AFTER she was confirmed.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 01:58:21 AM »

Mr. President, this bill has passed both houses:

X Leinad

I recently signed the evergreen-Tmthforu94 LGBTQ+ Rights Act, because I feel that it's important for the government to treat people the same, and no one offered objections strong enough to convince me to veto the positive things this bill will do.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 01:59:03 AM »

I had seen Blair's question on dual office holding and was checking for an answer. Your post stating since the nomination was not stopped it presumably allowed regional members to hold Cabinet offices made me look for the comstitution clause and post it. It doesn't work that way, if something is not stopped when it happens doesn't mean it becomes legitimized if it is not according to the constitution.

Of course it doesn't work that way. If this is unconstitutional, I presume the Supreme Court would say so if given the opportunity.

My point regarding your timing was merely that it is immensely maddening to have someone bring up a concern AFTER that question matters.

It doesn't bother me at all, because I believe it says that legislators can hold cabinet spots (which is does, since there is nothing that says they cannot), and I believe that it should (because we should be able to utilize the activity and eagerness of people like Peebs to accomplish necessary tasks like keeping up the voter rolls while also being an active member of their regions).

You are the one who seems bothered by my nomination and the Senate's confirmation of Peebs, although perhaps this is just curiosity on your part.

It was written oddly, yes, but I can't see any other way to interpret it. Unless you distort the meaning of the word "elected," I see NOTHING that prohibits a regional legislator from being on the cabinet. No one I have asked about this disagrees with my interpretation.

It's actually rather simple. If you were elected to that office, you're holding an elected office. A Speaker is obviously holding an elected office, since (presumably) they were elected to the legislature they're the Speaker of.

Anyway, I feel that my interpretation of this is the only obvious one, unless the word "elected" has either changed meaning or, somehow, is meant to be ignored--as if it was the "k" in "know."
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 01:58:46 AM »

Mr. President, I have a few bills for you:

X Leinad

X Leinad

And, with that last act being signed:

[/quote]

I signed two bills that got bipartisan support, and nominated probably the best GM ever to retake that job. Surely no one can take any issue with these actions, and they will be welcomed without controversy, correct?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 02:45:07 AM »

I just hope I'll live long enough to see my confirmation proceedings starting Wink

Hopefully you are still living now. Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 02:10:24 AM »

Ah, a copy-paste error on my part. Tongue

Anyway, it is now resolved:

[/quote]
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 12:07:32 AM »

I signed a few more bills:

X Leinad

X Leinad

X Leinad

Two of them redrafts, one of them not; two of them non-controversial, the other one was a masterpiece in the artistic medium of compromise.

Foreign Visits

I will be flying to Canada shortly, where I will speak with Prime Minister Trudeau about several matters, most notably the Atlasia-Canada Common Market Agreement and it's proposed renewal, and then deliver a speech up there. Then I will do a similar thing with the UK, flying to London (boy, my arms will be tired...) before meeting with Prime Minister May and then delivering a speech in London.

More details once the GM is able to swear-in.

Remarks on the Current State of Atlasia

I congratulate Kalwejt on his pending confirmation as GM, and look forward to Atlasia finally going into high gear. It's been a very strange month--what with both appointments and figuring out what the heck we're doing being prominent topics of conversation--but now most things have fallen into place and we can proceed with the vision of a better Atlasia that we had a year ago (August 2015 was when the ConCon petition was completed, although Classic started it in July).

Atlasia is looking more hopeful than it has in a long time. While things aren't perfect, we have a generally functioning Federal government, along with generally functioning governments in two out of three regions. The problems we still face we must not let up in combatting, but the progress we have witnessed is to be celebrated!

The transition period is basically done. Now it's time to entirely focus on playing the game, and playing it well. I encourage everyone not currently in Atlasia to come in and try it out, and everyone in Atlasia but being inactive to run for office in upcoming elections. We need competitive elections and active officeholders--the more of each of those we have, the better this game is for everyone.

And lastly, as an executive order by the President of Atlasia, I command you all to have fun! Smiley
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 01:43:10 AM »

On the hostages in Paflagonia:

Two of our citizens are currently being held hostage in Paflagonia, with their life threatened. This is unacceptable, and I ask for their release. Our government will be working tirelessly to get them back, but we will not compromise the safety of Atlasians, or let this wretched group be rewarded for their vile actions.

On the domestic terrorism

I strongly condemn the recent attacks in California and Iowa, and offer condolences to the families of the victims. The federal government and regional governments will work together with local authorities to fully investigate these groups and stop future attacks before they happen. I encourage everyone to stay calm and live their lives as normal--the terrorists are only truly successful if we let them terrorize our free society.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 12:49:17 AM »

President Leinad Departs for World Tour

Yes, I know, it's a little tacky, but no picture exists of Justin Amash walking onto Air Force One.

After straightening out everything on the domestic front, I will now be able to turn my attention to international affairs. First up on the schedule is Canada, where I will meet with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. After that I will visit all sorts of other places, such as the United Kingdom in the wake of their historic referendum to leave the European Union.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 11:36:40 PM »

I just recently went to Canada, where I visited our close allies to the north and talked to various people, most notably Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. We discussed renewing the Atlasia-Canada Common Market Agreement as we had before the reset, and while they are open to it, it will of course require effort to actually make a deal happen. We also discussed dealing with ISIS, and various events domestically here in Atlasia, and across the globe.

While no country is perfect, Canada is one that has been a vital ally and friend to us over the years, and I have little doubt we will see that continue for many years to come.

Recap of my British trip to come shortly...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 09:12:37 PM »

Sorry for my absense. Let me try to explain:

I have been without internet connection since Monday, outside of a brief time on Wednesday where I somehow had it. I didn't foresee my absence being that long, or me getting sick in that time, which is why I didn't post a Leave of Absense.

Anyway, it sucks for Atlasia to not have a President for a week, and it drove me out of my mind to be away like that.

But now I am back, ready to find out what you guys have been up to while I've been gone, and ready to prove the old saying that the third month of a Presidential term is the most active. From the looks of things it doesn't seem like good things have been happening at all, but maybe I'm just one who looks at the negatives before the positives.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 11:08:40 PM »

Anyone interested can apply for GM--just send me a PM indicating your interest and I'll consider you for the role.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 10:21:51 PM »

Regardless, the (presumable) next GM has been nominated:

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 10:28:39 PM »

Atlasians,

As you all know the next election is steadily approaching, and candidates have already begun to announce their runs. As the incumbent, the question will obviously be asked of me: will I or will I not?

In all sincerity, I don't feel like I've done as good as I should be doing. I've been dealing with personal issues, and things will get busier in the next 5 months. I'm definitely not leaving Atlasia, but with all that said, I will not be running for a second term as President.

Now, let's focus on getting Atlasia active, and I'll try to do my part with that in this last month of my Presidency.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 08:56:51 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies