Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:12:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen  (Read 9232 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 02, 2016, 12:51:25 AM »
« edited: November 04, 2016, 11:01:54 AM by President Leinad »

Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration

Welcome to the public office of the Leinad/Lumine administration! This thread will be focused on interaction with the Atlasian public, while the White House thread will be focused on more official matters.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 12:52:10 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2016, 10:35:18 PM by President Leinad »

Information

President: Leinad (Fed-GA)
Vice President: Lumine (UA-UT)

Secretary of State: Harry S. Truman (Lab-IN)
Secretary of Internal Affairs: 1184AZ (Lab-KS)
Registrar General: Peebs (Lab-NC)
Secretary of Federal Elections: RPryor03 (UA-HI)

Game Moderator: [Vacant]
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 12:52:32 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2016, 03:53:10 PM by President Leinad »

Note: this speech was made yesterday, but the transcript was stolen by a particularly mischievous-looking squirrel who, after intensive questioning, is suspected to come from Arizona.

President Leinad's Inauguration Speech

Thousands about to be disappointed this is not a rock concert. (Sorry, it was a printing error.)

Thank you for attending, everyone! It's been a crazy time, hasn't it? The fact that I am speaking to you as President of Atlasia is still quite a surprise to me, especially since I was decidedly not running as recent as two months ago. In just a little over a year I went from annoying new guy who everyone thought was a sock, to becoming the first libertarian President ever, and the first Georgian President since the last President. I thank the many people who have helped me along the way: including Yankee, PiT, Tmth, Lumine, Ted Bessell, and many others omitted for space. I would also like to thank Cris, who in an alternate reality would be entering his second term as my Vice President, and who, along with Classic Conservative--another one deserving thanks--worked hard to make the Constitutional Convention a reality before I was even on board.

2016 will be remembered as the year of reform. We completed and ratified the Constitutional Convention, under the leadership of President Griffin, Presiding Officers Cris and then Truman, and to an extent myself as well--that was the game reform phase. While more game reform may still be necessary, to work out the kinks in what was truly a massive set of changes, we will nevertheless turn the main focus to policy reform. We will enact tax reform, budgetary reform, criminal justice reform, healthcare reform, education reform, immigration reform, and not only will this discussion of policy reinvigorate the game of Atlasia, these policies will reinvigorate the nation of Atlasia!

Regardless of where you are politically, I encourage every one of you most of you to become more active. The AFE board should be a bustling hub of activity, every election should have multiple candidates more than seats, and every office should be filled with someone who has the desire, the eagerness, to contribute. This dream of an active Atlasia sounds far-fetched, but it is entirely within the realm of reality. However, as hard as I may try--and I will put forward my best effort to improve Atlasia--this vision cannot be implemented by one person. It starts with you. Yes, you. And everyone else.

Thank you, everyone, may Dave bless all of you, and may Dave bless the great Republic of Atlasia!

-Leinad
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 02:59:35 AM »

I recently made these two executive orders. This:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am accepting applicants for the two vacant spots on the Constitutional Ad-Hoc Committee.

And this:

Expect more tomorrow--such as cabinet appointments--and also more regularity of updates as the metaphorical furniture gets moved in.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 02:03:52 PM »

Just saw your inauguration- very good speech and I too echo the call for more activity. We're only as active as we let ourselves be (that's nearly a bushism Tongue)   
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 08:15:56 PM »

I am accepting applicants for the three vacant spots on the Wiki Committee.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 01:30:12 AM »

Just executed a few more things:

I'm working on the other cabinet spots, too. The hard part of this is recreating everything from scratch--but it's also the fun part. Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 03:58:03 AM »

I officially approve of PiT's nomination of North Carolina Yankee, confirmed by the Southern Legislature, as Southern Regional Supreme Court Associate Justice

-Leinad
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 12:31:08 AM »

As you can see, I've appointed Ted Bessell and Peebs to join Adam Griffin and Clyde on the Wiki Committee. Only one spot left, now is the time for interested people to apply!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 02:23:20 AM »

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 02:26:39 AM »

Okay, that's all 5 in the Wiki Committee. The Constitutional Ad Hoc Committee still has two spots open, however.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 08:53:52 AM »

Two phenominal appointments, President Santos!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 09:55:39 PM »

Leinad,

During the constitutional convention what was the change from the previous constitution people wanted? Previously holding multiple offices was banned. Was it asked to let members of Congress  also be allowed to hold Cabinet jobs?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 12:23:33 AM »

During the constitutional convention what was the change from the previous constitution people wanted?

Not sure I understand this question. People wanted lots of changes--one of the main things people wanted was less offices. This is a way to allow an active player like Peebs to regularly maintain the voter rolls and also propose and debate legislation in the Southern Legislature. The alternatives would be to put an inactive player in the position, thus risking long absences, or keeping an active player from filling an office in one of the regional legislatures (which is still something people struggle to do).

Again, I struggle to see what you're asking. Truman introduced it here, everyone was given ample opportunity to amend it, but they ultimately did not.

Also, I see you read the confirmation hearings enough to pick up on Blair's non-sequitur question, yet somehow not enough to bring this up when we had an actual confirmation hearing on Peebs. I'm sorry, but I fail to understand why you waited to bring this up until AFTER she was confirmed.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:27 PM »

Again, I struggle to see what you're asking. Truman introduced it here, everyone was given ample opportunity to amend it, but they ultimately did not.

Also, I see you read the confirmation hearings enough to pick up on Blair's non-sequitur question, yet somehow not enough to bring this up when we had an actual confirmation hearing on Peebs. I'm sorry, but I fail to understand why you waited to bring this up until AFTER she was confirmed.

I had seen Blair's question on dual office holding and was checking for an answer. Your post stating since the nomination was not stopped it presumably allowed regional members to hold Cabinet offices made me look for the comstitution clause and post it. It doesn't work that way, if something is not stopped when it happens doesn't mean it becomes legitimized if it is not according to the constitution.

I didn't intervene before because I didn't about a potential issue with the constitution. A confirmation focuses on the ability to hold the job. We used to have dual office ban so it was not an issue, after you got confirmed for Cabinet, you quit your other job.

Maybe I should try to ask more questions. When NCYankee was nominated justice I wondered who would became leader of the Federalist party. I expected he would leave the party Chair job but I haven't read he will yet.

It shouldn't bother you if everybody vote to confirm or nobody said anything at the time, no one tried to stop it etc. if you really beleive the constitution allows almost everyone (except Justices) to hold an elected office and a nominated office.

The clause was introduced at the constitutional convention but nobody talked about it, asked what it meant exactly, what elected officials could be in Cabinet. The delegates reading it could  conclude that House members were now allowed to hold Cabinet position like it is explicitly written or concluded reading it that almost anybody can hold a nominated office and elected office in seeing the use of word elected instead of hold multiple offices. It would be a strange clause to go to the trouble of specifying a groupe of people can hold dual offices if even more people not specified are allowed to. The way it was written minus one word it looks like only House members were allowed to hold dual offices.

I thought with the new start of the game we would have less "legalities", debating meaning of words, find holes. We might need to define everything, what is considered elected office (will someone claim speaker is an elected office for example), public office, principle officer. That is tedious.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 01:58:21 AM »

Mr. President, this bill has passed both houses:

X Leinad

I recently signed the evergreen-Tmthforu94 LGBTQ+ Rights Act, because I feel that it's important for the government to treat people the same, and no one offered objections strong enough to convince me to veto the positive things this bill will do.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 01:59:03 AM »

I had seen Blair's question on dual office holding and was checking for an answer. Your post stating since the nomination was not stopped it presumably allowed regional members to hold Cabinet offices made me look for the comstitution clause and post it. It doesn't work that way, if something is not stopped when it happens doesn't mean it becomes legitimized if it is not according to the constitution.

Of course it doesn't work that way. If this is unconstitutional, I presume the Supreme Court would say so if given the opportunity.

My point regarding your timing was merely that it is immensely maddening to have someone bring up a concern AFTER that question matters.

It doesn't bother me at all, because I believe it says that legislators can hold cabinet spots (which is does, since there is nothing that says they cannot), and I believe that it should (because we should be able to utilize the activity and eagerness of people like Peebs to accomplish necessary tasks like keeping up the voter rolls while also being an active member of their regions).

You are the one who seems bothered by my nomination and the Senate's confirmation of Peebs, although perhaps this is just curiosity on your part.

It was written oddly, yes, but I can't see any other way to interpret it. Unless you distort the meaning of the word "elected," I see NOTHING that prohibits a regional legislator from being on the cabinet. No one I have asked about this disagrees with my interpretation.

It's actually rather simple. If you were elected to that office, you're holding an elected office. A Speaker is obviously holding an elected office, since (presumably) they were elected to the legislature they're the Speaker of.

Anyway, I feel that my interpretation of this is the only obvious one, unless the word "elected" has either changed meaning or, somehow, is meant to be ignored--as if it was the "k" in "know."
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2016, 07:48:19 PM by ₑͤvₑͤrgreen »

I recently signed the evergreen-Tmthforu94 LGBTQ+ Rights Act, because I feel that it's important for the government to treat people the same, and no one offered objections strong enough to convince me to veto the positive things this bill will do.
a beautiful day for atlasia Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 07:20:48 PM »

a beautiful day for atlasia Cheesy:D:D
Thank you, Mr. President!!! Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 09:31:28 PM »

Mr. President, this bill has passed both houses:

X Leinad

No objections were raised because I'm on loa. This legislation should be held up for review till concerns can be given and real debate on this issue had. If said concerns are disregarded, I will write a proposal to repeal.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 09:47:02 PM »

It needs reworked. They gay community got everything they wanted and people of faith are left with no protections in said legislation.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 09:49:53 PM »

It needs reworked. They gay community got everything they wanted and people of faith are left with no protections in said legislation.
Sure their are, individuals may decline to perform SS weddings based on religious beliefs.   
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 09:51:25 PM »

The bill has been signed into law. You are welcome to introduce new legislation that would amend it and we can discuss those proposed changes.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »

Protection from what?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 02:43:56 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2016, 07:39:48 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Oh yes, because a fine of $50,000,00 per day is soooooooo realistic.

If you are going to craft a fantasyland completely one sided bill, at least make it semi believable.

And your part about denying parental permission for what happens to their own minor children is so progressive.

Why don't you simply deny parents any and all authority over their minor children and take minors out of their homes and away from their parents and indoctrinate them with your preferred way of anything goes LGBTQ philosophy?

Clearly, the authors of this bill have absolutely no clue about parental/child relationships.  Why don't you just impose a fine of $100,000.00 per day for parents who want the right to care themselves for their minor children?

Now, your definition of marriage is a reeeeeeeeeeal gem.

"Marriage, for civil purposes, is the lawful union of two consenting persons to the exclusion of all others."

Which of you geniuses thought this up?  You have just opened the door to some 50 year old pervert to marry a six year old child.

Yup, that's quite the forward looking bill you have there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies