Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:21:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Public Office of the Leinad/Lumine Administration - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen  (Read 9256 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2016, 10:55:04 PM »

The Leinad administration was hit with crippling problems from the start. We had very high levels of inactivity in a time where we were in the middle of transitioning to a new constitution. Bicameral congress being the most difficult things to get started.

Although, you handled it well despite your distraction from Atlasia. It's been an honor living in a country with you as president. Wish you the best in your next venture.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2016, 10:56:40 PM »

Thank you for your service to Atlasia, Mr. President.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2016, 05:00:06 AM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2016, 06:45:25 AM »

Thank you for your service to Atlasia, Mr. President.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2016, 07:22:56 AM »

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2016, 08:19:44 AM »

While my service as Vice-President was far less than ideal, it was still a privilege to serve alongside you, Leinad. Best of luck on what is to come ahead.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2016, 01:57:02 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2016, 02:18:34 PM »

You've done very well given that you were the first President to govern after the reset. This game faced a lot of hurdles typical for such a period, but you done well.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2016, 08:56:51 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2016, 01:07:51 AM »

That went by far too quickly. Sad
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2016, 09:55:19 PM »

Your new SoIA nominee:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2016, 11:21:43 PM »

Since dfw withdrew his nomination, I now open up a 47-hour, 38-minute, 17-second application window for Secretary of Internal Affairs.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2016, 01:37:26 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2016, 03:05:08 PM by President Leinad »

X Leinad

Unless the Senate decides against it, referendum in 11 days! I expect everyone will be focused on this, because it's not like we have important events, in Atlasia and America, in the interim.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2016, 11:02:25 AM »

I'll have the farewell speech up shortly...
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2016, 11:30:08 AM »

beautiful list; look forward to seeing the speech
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2016, 11:48:39 AM »

Mr. President, it truly has been a priviliege to serve under you this four months. I look forward to the farewell speech as well.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2016, 12:22:22 PM »

Thank you President Leinad for allowing me to serve in your cabinet, it was a true honor serving as your RG. Thank you for your wonderful service to the people of Atlasia, I wish you the very best for the future.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2016, 12:32:08 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2016, 12:49:23 PM by President Truman »

As I wrote just over a month ago when you announced your impending retirement, it has truly been a pleasure to have had the chance to serve with you across so many fronts over the past year and a half, from the ConCon to the Senate to the cabinet. Despite our disagreements (and we've had many), I can't help but respect you as a dedicated and courageous servant of our country. Thank you.

EDIT: Also, thanks very much for the award!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2016, 12:37:14 PM »

Thank you for your service Mr. President.  You've been an independent thinker who cares about doing right by the citizens of Atlasia, and more importantly, an even better person.  You're welcome in Arecibo anytime!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2016, 06:31:59 PM »

Thank you for the kind words, Blair, Lumine, AZ, Peebs, Truman, Siren, and in advance for anyone else who adds things after this.

I'll have the farewell speech up shortly...an even shorter shortly than the last time I said that...such a short shortly that it would be too short to go on a ride explicitly targeted for short people...(also because vague lengths of time cannot go on rides, but I digress)...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2016, 06:51:41 AM »

Thank you President Leinad for serving as a model for new Atlasians, that with hard work and determination, you can go from newly joined to President in just 13 months (a bit less actually), and also as a model for Libertarians by becoming the first ever Libertarian President of Atlasia.

President is a tough job, I have seen it eat up veterans and spit them back out. I have seen legendary statesmen struggle with the challenges of the day (Which is partially why I avoided running for so long Tongue). I commend you for stepping forward to lead this country in challenging times and I look forward to your future accomplishments with great expectations.

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2016, 07:42:45 AM »

Farewell, Mr. President

It was a pleasure to work with you during our respective times here, and I hope your time out of office is as successful as your time in office.

-Fmr. Sen. LLR
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2016, 08:04:26 PM »

Thank you President Leinad for your leadership over what has been a difficult time for Atlasia. It was an honour to serve as your Game Moderator. I wish you the best of luck in the future and hope that you continue to be active in Atlasian politics in the months and years to come.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2016, 08:53:28 PM »

Farewell Address

It's been an interesting four months, Atlasia. I'll get this out of the way first: I feel I could've done better as President. I can think of several reasons why I didn't perform as well as I wanted to, but now isn't the time for an autopsy. Let us praise the last four months instead of burying it--or, if that proves too hard, at least get a nice-looking casket for it.

We passed some good legislation and rejected some bad legislation. More could've been done, but we got post-reset Atlasia started off without completely killing everything, and voter turnout as I am leaving office has increased over 20% from when I was elected--maybe I can take credit for some of that. Tongue

Over the last few weeks I have been reminded why I play this game, but also reminded why some people quit. I find participating in Atlasian elections, legislating, and campaigning tremendous fun--and getting to know all these people in the game has truly, genuinely been a delight with a cherry on top. Now, let's not pretend it isn't often frustrating--I'll be the first to tell you it is. But overall I get a lot of enjoyment from Atlasia. That's why I care about keeping this game going--not just on life support but thriving--for not only myself to enjoy, but future generations.

A certain segment of people think this game was created for them, and either lash out at it because they have tired of it--or it was never right for them in the first place--or go as far as to attempt sabotaging the game itself. Atlasia is here for people to enjoy how and when they please. It is bigger than any one of us. Atlasia is like a guitar--bear with me here--a guitar that has been shared by many people. It was made by a person, and many people have sent vibrations through the strings. These vibrations cannot be erased from history--nothing can--and they metaphorically live on, like the flap of a butterfly's wing in the ripples of China or whatever. But even if you once played wonderful music on the guitar, if the person holding it now plays a song you don't like, the guitar will still make the noise just as well as it did for you, and it won't give a damn what you think.

There are things we can learn from the past, things we can learn from the present, and new ideas we can implement to create a brighter future. I was not able to cure inactivity in the slightest, although I did keep it from spiraling into a ghost town. Now is not the time to give up.

We need to implement the cliche that was used four separate times last year--we need to make Atlasia great again. We need to make the AFE board active again. We need to make the regions active again. We need to make Atlasia fun again. We need to make the Wiki up-to-date again. We need to Fight for Atlasia, a More Welcoming Atlasia, for me, for you, and for whatever political nerds stumble across this forum in the future! Atlasia isn't for everyone, but it is for me, and if it's for you, too, then let's go make it awesome together!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2016, 09:10:45 PM »

#MAGA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length