How many more national elections until Democratic fatigue? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:01:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How many more national elections until Democratic fatigue? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many more national elections until Democratic fatigue?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: How many more national elections until Democratic fatigue?  (Read 2586 times)
hopper
United States

« on: June 25, 2016, 11:14:15 PM »

I can't see the victor 2016 winning 2020.
Same, I think Hillary, if elected, will lose in 2020 following a midterm wave. With regards to Senate seats, I think Tillis and Gardner are the two most vulnerable Senators up for reelection that cycle. It seems like demographics will catch up, and it's possible (even likely) that the Millennials will remain loyal left wing Democrats for the rest of their lives, barring a 2008-style recession under a Democratic president.
Tillis-Well if Ross(D) gets elected to the US Senate in 2016 I don't think Tillis will lose. If Ross loses to Burr Tillis probably won't win. I don't think NC wants 2 Dem US Senators.

Gardner-I don't think he is that vulnerable although that could change.

I think the demographic thing is too overblown in Elections except for the Presidential Election which it absolutely killed Republicans in 2012. I think the Republicans will lose in 2016 because the Republicans have a bad candidate toppling over the demographics issue as to why they will lose. Non-Hispanic White Women do not like Trump in a swing state like Colorado for example.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 12:10:41 AM »

I think their is fatigue everywhere, democrat, republican, insider, outsider...republicans are screwing themselves out of the presidency probably for a few more terms minimum by not holding more moderate positions on social issues, alienating minorities, and continually voting for crazies at the state and national level. They have no one to blame but themselves.
Let me break this down a bit:

Moderate positions on social issues: Well being for "Immigration Reform" comes to mind.

Alienting Minorities: Trump's rhetoric about Mexicans is totally unacceptable.

Voting for Crazies at the National and State Level: Well Republicans aren't having problems getting in people voted in at the State Level or at the Congressional Level. Its the Presidency as you have put it that they have put themselves out of of late.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 12:26:43 AM »

There is probably more fatigue with Democrats than Republicans. The problem is Republicans have a few major problems that make that fatigue a better alternative to many demographics in the voting booth. I think most people across all demographics want a fiscally conservative government with mostly conservative views on the economy, national security, and terrorism. It's just the social views, religion, some anti-science stances, and general comments against people who aren't straight white men that instantly alienate 45-50% of the country no matter what.
Let me break this down again:

Religion: Yeah Republicans have to pander usually to Evangelicals because its their base in the Deep South. Yet, Trump really didn't pander to Evangelicals and he still won the primary.

Anti-Science-I don't think Republicans are anti-science. I mean people thought we were gonna have an "ice age" when Carter was President. It never happened.

General Comments about people who are not white men-As I said before Trumps comments about Mexicans are unacceptable. I think the party as a whole  is starting to understand that some of their rhetoric mostly against Latinos was offensive in the past except for Trump. The party was against Trump's proposed Muslim ban for example.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies