House Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:50:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 106124 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« on: September 06, 2020, 03:20:29 PM »

An Act
To levy a tax on cannabis in the interest of creating more government revenue
Section I. Title
i. The long title of this bill shall be "The Taxing Cannabis act of 2020"
Section II. Definitions
i. A tax shall be applied to cannabis products
ii. This tax shall be be at least 15% in every region of Atlasia
iii. This tax will not be an increase in sales tax or any other tax, and will be a separate tax entirely
Section III. Exemptions
i. This shall apply to all products containing cannabis or marijuana
ii. It will not apply to specific ingredients of marijuana including CBD
iii. Customers purchasing marijuana with a diagnosis for medical marijuana shall be exempt from this tax
Section IV. Enforcement
i. Failure to comply with this tax by a registered vendor will result in a misdemeanor
ii. Punishment shall not exceed a fine of the amount of taxes neglected to collect
iii. No arrest shall be made of any non-vendor selling cannabis products
Section V. Apportionment
i. The revenue from this tax will be used to create more government revenue and to alleviate the debt
Section VI. Communication and Implementation
i. Regions will make vendors aware of these changes
ii. This tax will be implemented at the beginning of the next financial quarter after passing
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 08:38:38 PM »

AN ACT
To ensure Democracy is not deterred by wildfires
Section I: Title Definitions
i. The long form name of this bill shall be the “Democracy Never Burns Act”
ii. Under this legislation, shelter shall be described as housing that a state government has directed its citizens to evacuate to and which is more than a mile away from the area they are leaving.
Section II: Provisions
i. States evacuating residents from their homes and placing them in shelters as a result of the September 2020 wildfires must allow citizens living in the shelters to vote in their local elections via polling stations in the shelters
ii. If the states are unable to do so, they must postpone the elections until these shelters are completely empty
Section III: Enforcement
i. 1.5 million dollars will be set aside as the federal government will deploy poll workers and electronic voting booths to states deciding to hold elections in the shelters.
ii. These poll workers will install the voting booths and oversee the elections to prevent fraud.
iii. Failure to delay the elections or to provide voting options to citizens in shelters shall result in 50% of federal funding being withheld from programs not relating to COVID-19 or the September wildfires.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 11:28:36 PM »

Sticking a Middle Finger to Big Brother Act

Section 1. Cur-phew
a. "Curfew laws" are defined as all laws prohibiting people of any age group, or in general, from being in public areas during a certain time (usually at night), outside of a state of emergency as declared by either the President or local authorities.
b. All existing curfew laws in Atlasia are hereby repealed.
c. No jurisdiction may implement curfew laws in the future.
d. All persons cited for violating curfew laws shall have their records expunged.

Section 2. Saving Face
a. A "facial recognition camera" is any camera which includes a feature to recognize a person's face.
b. All facial recognition cameras, with the following exceptions, are hereby banned in the Republic of Atlasia.
  i. Smartphones, tablets, and other personal, mobile devices not permanently mounted to a surface shall be exempt from this law.
c. Owners of such devices shall have until July 1, 2021 to dispose of them.
d. Manufacturers of such devices shall immediately cease production of all such devices.
e. Any person or entity found in violation of parts 2c and 2d may be fined an amount not to exceed $5,000, and shall have such device confiscated.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 12:01:04 AM »

A BILL
To ensure a treasure of a restraunt is honored by all Atlasian citizens
Be it enacted in both Houses of Congress assembled
1. The long title of this bill will be the "Honoring McDonalds Act"
2. The nationwide fast food chain known as "McDonalds" is hereby proclaimed as the offcial food of Atlasia
3. The nation of Atlasia commends them on their nutritious meals provided to both vegetarian and vegan Atlasian citizens as well as meat eaters
4. This legislation shall take effect immediately upon passage into law.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 02:09:57 PM »

Not 100% sure if this is allowed (I have it on good word that it is), but the senator currently sponsoring this bill in the senate has quite large bill queue and it is unlikely to be brought up before the election there. I am brining this to the house so that we can address these issues before the upcoming election and work to fight against zombie voting and offsite recruitment in a bipartisan fashion.

Increasing Requirements Act
Section 3, Part 8, of the Census Act of 2019 is amended as follows
Section 3. Registration
8.In order to be eligible to register, a poster’s Atlas Forum account must have been registered for at least one hundred and sixty-eight hours and must have accumulated at least fifteen fifty posts.
Section 4, Part 2, of the Federal Electoral Act of 2019 is amended as follows
Section 4. Voter Eligibility.
2. A registered voter shall only be eligible to vote in a federal election if they have made at least eight twenty-five posts from their account in the fifty six days (eight weeks) immediately prior to the commencement of the election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies