House Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:18:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 106151 times)
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« on: September 04, 2020, 12:23:38 PM »
« edited: September 07, 2020, 11:40:34 AM by Rep Jessica »

AN ACT
    To abolish ALL hate crime laws and acts in the criminal code of the republic of Atlasia.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title

I. To abolish ALL hate crime laws and acts in the criminal code of the republic of Atlasia.

Section II. Removal of the term hate crime within the criminal code of Atlasia

i. Remove and ban the use of the term hate crime within the legal code of the federal government of Atlasia.
ii. Remove the concept pushed by federal government officials on local police and governments.

Section III. The fair and colorblind enforcement of the law post repeal of hate crime laws

i, remove the separate enforcement of such laws by race within the legal code of the federal government of the republic of Atlasia.
ii. Be it know that all current criminal codes and sentencing will be applied fairly as it has been done throughout the history of our republic based on colorblind legal code.
iii. without considering race within a political context or exercising a double standard based on race.
iiii. all of the above shall apply to the political and legal "pressure" used by the federal government be it funding or political actions.
Section IIII: Cutting federal funding for racial marxist theory
i. Cutting federal funding for critical race theory, whiteness or classes that target one racial group.
ii. This includes federal funding for studies in support of such racist targeted theories.
iii. Any public college, public institution of learning shall be banned from teaching such material.

SECTION IV. WHEN EFFECTIVE.
This resolution shall become effective when passed by Congress.  
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 02:08:18 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2020, 12:21:17 AM by Rep Jessica »

AN ACT
                                                     The disabled and needy Rental fairness act

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title & Definitions

i. The long title of this Act shall be the "The disabled and needy rental fairness act"

Section II. Provisions
i. All disabled and people that  are currently receiving government assistance such as social security or social security disability shall not pay more security deposit within the republic of Atlasia because of their disability or needs.
ia. This includes people with little rental history.
ii Landlords shall be banned from setting monthly rent to income requirements within their rental agreements or policies to get into an apartment.
iia. These policies currently are 2 to 5 times the income just to get into an low income apartment that targets the poor unfairly. Such rules are unfair and are causing the homelessness problem within our cities.
iii. All waitlist shall exclude such unfair agreements such as income requirements higher then the rent.
iiia. Waitlist shall consider rental history, criminal history and to make sure the renter has the income to afford the monthly rent.
iiib. rental history for "needs" renters with no criminal background shall not be grounds for not letting them in.
iiic. Most disabled people will be going from moms or a family member and can't be expected to have past rental history to get into an apartment. It isn't fair to throw our disabled and poor onto the street.
iiii. All peoples making less then $25,000 per year shall be included within the needy category and shall be included within section ii and iii above.

Section III. Goals
i. The goals of this act shall be to end homelessness and to make the system more fair to the poor of our republic.
ii. Once people have a place to stay then they'll be able to get a job, go to college and be more law abiding citizens.
iia. This act shall provide a more socially and economically sound economy within our cities.

Section Iv. Enforcement
i. All landlords found in violation of this act shall be fined $5 thousand dollars for first violation,
ia. increasing by $2,500 + the $5k per violation then after. So second violation will be $7,500, third $10,000...etc

SECTION V. WHEN EFFECTIVE.

Why? Because I am sick of the homeless problem and the unfair rental system that made it. Time to do something about it. Our cities sure can't seem to get it together and frankly this would bring more social stability and a strong economy. As a right winger I realize that something needs to be done and we'd be better off with such policy as this.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 03:00:14 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2020, 03:25:24 PM by Rep Jessica »

An Act
                                            Middle class tax break and business assistance act of 2020

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this bill shall be the "Middle class tax break and business assistance act of 2020"

Section II. Who's included?

i. For all people making under $100,000 per year or
ii. small businesses making equal or less than $750,000 per year
Section III. Tax cut
i. For people making equal to less then $100,000 per year shall  see an 3% reduction in income  taxes starting in 2021 onwards.
ia. 3% reduction for each of the tax brackets that pay income taxes.
What will happen:
0-13K      7% to 4%
13K-50k    12% to 9%
50K-100K   23% to 20%
ii. For small businesses with a net income equaling or less than $750,000 shall see an reduction in business related taxes of 2% from 2021 forward.

Section III. Federal small business start up loans and assistance enhancement
i. Ten billion dollars shall be added to the 2021-2022 federal loans and assistance budget to rebuild from the pandemic for small businesses that make a profit of less then or equal to $5,000,000/year.
ia. The federal government goal is to save our businesses and to help new ones as we emerge from the deep recession.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 12:40:15 PM »

A RESOLUTION
To recognize the inhumane atrocities the Armenian people were subject to between 1914 and 1923.

Resolved: That the Ottoman Empire is responsible for the mass murder and expulsion of Armenians between 1914 and 1923, hereby known as the Armenian Genocide. That the Republic of Atlasia calls on the nations of the former Ottoman Empire to formally acknowledge these acts.

I co sponsor!
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 03:49:07 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2020, 09:20:54 PM by Rep Jessica »

Act
                                             Amending the Wealth Tax Act

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this Act shall be the "Amending the Wealth Tax Act"
Section 2; Substance

1. Households of a net worth greater than 50 million $1 billion shall have a 1% annual tax imposed on their net worth.

2. A 2% annual surcharge shall be imposed on net worth greater than $12 billion.

3. A 2.5% annual surcharge shall be imposed on net worth greater than $5 billion.

4. A 13% annual surcharge shall be imposed on net worth greater than $10 billion

5. All household assets shall be included in the calculation of household net worth, regardless of whether those assets are held in Atlasia.

a) Household assets shall include-residences, closely held businesses, assets held in trust, retirement assets, assets held by minors, and personal property with a value of $50,000 or more.

b) 'Closely held business' shall be defined as any sole proprietorship or partnership that any individual in a household legally owns or co-owns.

b) Individuals shall be allowed a closely held business exemption of $10 million from the taxes levied in this act.

6. Illiquid assets shall be defined as-penny stocks or similar stocks, ownership in private firms, fine art, antiques, or any tangible good, partnership shares in hedge funds, alternative investments, long term options, futures, and forward contracts and long term bonds and other debt instruments.

a) 'Long term' shall be defined as a period greater than one fiscal year.

b) Households shall be allowed a total illiliquid asset exemption of $30 million from the taxes levied in this act.

7. Funded by the tax changes in this legislation, the IRS's enforcement budget shall be doubled.

8. Any Atlasian citizen with a net worth of greater than $50100 million shall pay a 40% 20% tax on their net worth if they renounce their citizenship.

9. Any Atlasian citizen with a net worth of greater than $1 billion shall pay a 30% tax on their net worth if they renounce their citizenship.

10. Any Atlasian citizen with a net worth of greater than $5 billion shall pay a 45% tax on their net worth if they renounce their citizenship.

11. Nothing in this legislation shall be construed to increase the tax burden on any Atlasian households with a net worth of less than $50 million.
Section 3; Implementation

1. All changes in this legislation shall take effect in FY 2020 1.

https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Wealth_Tax_Act

Why? Because a lot of these super rich individuals got this way by screwing over this country by Outsourcing and hiring illegals.  This bill will also helps out smaller businesses and the little guy a little more.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 02:15:19 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2020, 02:40:37 PM by Rep Jessica »

Posting this in here because this passed the Senate but I don't think the House has debated it yet despite being enough slots available to do so?

Quote from: Final Senate Text
SENATE BILL
To reform the immigration system into Atlasia

Be it enacted in both Houses of Congress Assembled,

Section 1: Name
1. This bill may be referred to as the "Immigration Reform Act of 2020"

Section 2: Categories of legal immigration to Atlasia
1. The following categories of legal permanent immigration to the Republic of Atlasia are hereby established:
a) Family Reunification
b) Job based immigration
c) Other immigration
2. This act shall not alter the composition or requirements for non-immigrant visas or for visas intended for temporary workers or students

Section 3: Family Reunification immigration
1. Family reunification visas may only be issued to the unmarried children, parents above the age of 65, unmarried siblings or to the spouse of an Atlasian citizen or permanent resident who has been living in the Republic of Atlasia for no less than 5 years.
2. During the application process for family reunification, priority shall be given to the foreign relatives of Atlasian citizens that have had no criminal records in the Republic of Atlasia for the past 10 years

Section 4: Job immigration
1a. Job immigration into the Republic of Atlasia shall be based on a points based system. All applicants who score 67 or more points shall be awarded a job immigration visa.
1b. Immigrants receiving a job visa may be able to bring with them to Atlasia as permanent residents their spouse as well as any children below 18 years of age.
1c. Job immigration visas may be revoked in the event of a failure to meet any continuing requirements as described in this Section for longer than 6 months consecutively.

2a. Up to 24 points may be awarded for proficiency in the English language; 6 each for Reading comprehension, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
2b. Immigrants scoring below an IELTS level of 5.5 (or equivalent) many not apply for a job immigration visa.
2c. Points shall be awarded for scoring 5.5 or above in each of the 4 categories described in section 3a; with 2 points for scoring between 5.5 and 5.99; 4 points for scoring between 6 and 6.99, 5 points for scoring between 7 and 7.99 and 6 points for scoring 8 or more points.

3. Up to 25 points may be awarded for education proficiency, according to the following equivalency list:
a) High School diploma: 5 points
b) 2 year apprenticeship after high school: 10 points
c) 3 year college degree after high school: 15 points
d) 4 year Bachelor's degree: 20 points
e) Double Bachelor: 22 points
f) Master's degree: 25 points
g) PHD: 28 points

4a. Up to 15 points may be awarded for prior job experience on an skilled job:
a) Less than 1 year of job experience: 0 points
b) Between 1 and 2 years of job experience: 9 points
c) Between 2 and 3 years of job experience: 11 points
d) Between 3 and 6 years of job experience: 13 points
e) 6 or more years of job experience: 15 points
4b. Skilled job shall be defined as a management job; a professional job that usually calls for a college degree (for example doctors or architects) or a technical job that usually calls for a college diploma or apprenticeship (for example plumbers or electricians)
4c. Part time jobs, defined as jobs comprising less than 30 hours per week of work; shall count as half for the purposes of counting the years from sections 4a.(a-e).
4d. a) Medical doctors who intend to work in an area, as determined by the Atlasian Census Bureau, to be rural or impoverished, shall be awarded an additional 7 points.
b) Any person who is awarded a job visa because of meeting the requirement in 5d. a) shall have 90 days to gain employment, or to regain employment after a job loss, in such area, or the job visa shall be revoked.

5a. Up to 12 points may be awarded for an applicant's age. Applicants between the ages of 18 and 35 shall be awarded the full 12 points. For each year after that, the number of points awarded shall be reduced by 1 per year, until reaching 0 at age 47.
5b. No persons under the age of 18 may apply for a job immigration visa to the Republic of Atlasia

6. Up to 25 extra points shall be awarded to any workers who attempt to immigrate to the Republic of Atlasia with a job offer for a job that is full time and skilled. These immigrants shall receive the full 25 points, everyone else shall receive 0 points

7. Up to 15 points may be awarded for extra requirements:
-The applicant having completed high school or a college degree in Atlasia shall award 5 points in this section
-Having any sort of legal job experience in Atlasia for at least one year shall award 10 points in this section
-10 points shall be awarded for having a relative living legally in the Republic of Atlasia. Relative shall be defined as the applicant's sibling, parent, grandparent, child or grandchild.

8. If the number of applicants surpasses the maximum amount of people who may apply for an immigrant visa, priority shall be given to the highest scoring applicants. In the case of a score tie; the applicants with job offers shall be admitted first.

Section 5. Other immigration
1. The following extra categories of permanent immigration to the Republic of Atlasia are hereby retained, with their current requirements:
a) Outstandingly skilled people, as currently immigrating through the EB1 visa program
b) Certain special categories of immigrants, as currently immigrating through the EB4 visa program
c) Investors, as currently immigrating through the EB5 visa program
2. A new immigration visa shall be created, targeted at retirees who desire to move to the Republic of Atlasia. People immigrating through this visa shall prove that they are financially independent, able to afford their retirement in Atlasia and may not be allowed to take any job offers in Atlasia. The details of this visa shall be devised by the department in charge of internal policy in Atlasia.

Section 6: Miscellaneous repeals
1. The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program is hereby repealed.

Section 7: Numbers of visas
1. Family reunification visas shall be capped at no more than 300 000 per year.
2. The total number of immigrant visas issued per year by the Atlasian government may not be more than 1/500th of the Atlasian population, as established in the last decennial census  available. This section shall refer to the census of NPCs made by the Atlasian Census bureau; and not to the census of active players in Atlasia done by the Registrar General.
3. At the discretion of the department responsible for internal policy, the total number of visas available may be reduced by 10% for every year the unemployment rate stays above 5%. Any reduction in the total number of visas shall be accompanied by a proportional reduction in the number of family reunification visas.
4. If the unemployment rate has stayed below 5% for at least 3 consecutive years, and wage growth has matched or surpassed the rate of inflation for the past 4 years; the Atlasian department for internal policy may increase the numbers in sections 7.1 and 7.2 by up to 30%, after a recommendation from the Immigration Analysis board
5. An Immigration Analysis board shall be established. This board shall have representatives from labor unions and small business associations and be in charge of making recommendations to the Atlasian department responsible for internal policy and to the Atlasian Congress with regards to the number of immigrants that should be allowed into Atlasia, as well as the requirements for said immigrants to fulfill.

Section 8: Enactment
1. This bill shall become enacted 90 days after the passage of this Act

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

I mostly like the bill and wish to sponsor. It is kind of what I had in mind, but a little on the high side in number of visa and Reunifications. Will need some work!
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 10:20:40 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2020, 12:38:01 AM by Rep Jessica »

An Act
                                    Pedophilia and human traffickers are evil act

Section I. Title
i. The long title of this Act shall be the, 'Pedophilia and human traffickers are evil act"

Section 2;  Definitions
I. Pedophilia is the act of an adult taking part in sexual activity with a minor
Ia. minor is someone under the age of 18.
Ib. Adult is someone over 18.
II. Human trafficking is the act of modern day slavery against children and adults to be sold to another indivual for fiscal interest or sexual favor.
Section 3: Substance
I. Anyone over the age of 18 years of age that's discovered to have had sexual activity with anyone under the age of 16 years of age.
Ia. Anyone over 22 committing sexual acts against anyone under 18 years of age.
Ia. This felony charge covering I and Ia. shall carry 12 years in federal prison.
Ib. If the minor is below the age of 13, the indivual over 18 years of age shall receive 50 years in federal prison.
II. All individuals committing modern day slavery as in the act of human trafficking shall face the death penalty.
IIa. All individuals found guilty shall be executed by the Atlasia federal prison system within one year of the charge.  
IIb. One appeal of the charges shall be allowed within this period.
III. All money within the bank accounts and property shall be handed over to the victims of modern day slavery.

Section IV: The promotion of pedophilia is disgusting.
i. All content that promotes children under the age of 16 within a sexually expressive way shall be considered a crime within the borders of Atlasia.
ia Any company promoting the sexuality of young girls or boys shall be fined $50,000 increasing 50,000 dollars with each charge.
ib. First charge $50,000, second charge $100,000, third charge $150,000, etc.
ii. Netflix shall be fined fifty million dollars for shows like cuties and big mouth that promotes pedophilia against our young girls. This congress must demand that this stops and condemns it.
iii. The fcc shall be granted the power to fine all streaming and tv networks for being illegal activity.    
iia. Netflix will be given 30 days to remove all such content or face being shutdown by the government of Atlasia and charged with pedophilia.
iii. All schools and class activities promoting sexual activity or behavior shall be grounds for the removal of federal funds.
iiia. this includes books and texts.
iiib. The sectary of education shall have the power to block grants for schools and colleges.
Section 5: Grant and aid ban for all states and regions
i. A federal ban on all states and regions that pass laws promoting pedophila
ia. programs effecting children
ib. all laws lessening the punishments seeking leniency towards sentences of prison or  towards acceptance for this disgusting act.  

This Act shall take effect immediately upon its passage.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 12:05:00 AM »

FINALIZING FREAK POWER AMENDMENT

HOUSE BILL

SECTION 1.

1. This Act may be cited as the "Finalizing Freak Power Amendment”.

SECTION 2.

Article I, Section 7, of the Fourth Constitution, is amended to read as follows:

A well-regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free people, the right of the people to keep and bear arms and low-potency explosives shall not be infringed.

Amendment Explanation
Adds the bearing of low-potency explosives as a right.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 12:10:09 AM »

An act
                                            Immigration Reform Act of 2020

1. This bill may be referred to as the "Immigration Reform Act of 2020"

Section 2: Categories of legal immigration to Atlasia
1. The following categories of legal permanent immigration to the Republic of Atlasia are hereby established:
a) Family Reunification
b) Job based immigration
c) Other immigration
2. This act shall not alter the composition or requirements for non-immigrant visas or for visas intended for temporary workers or students

Section 3: Family Reunification immigration
1. Family reunification visas may only be issued to the unmarried children, parents above the age of 65, unmarried siblings or to the spouse of an Atlasian citizen or permanent resident who has been living in the Republic of Atlasia for no less than 10 years.
2. During the application process for family reunification, priority shall be given to the foreign relatives of Atlasian citizens that have had no criminal records in the Republic of Atlasia for the past 12 years

Section 4: Job immigration
1a. Job immigration into the Republic of Atlasia shall be based on a points based system. All applicants who score 67 or more points shall be awarded a job immigration visa.
1b. Immigrants receiving a job visa may be able to bring with them to Atlasia as permanent residents their spouse as well as any children below 18 years of age.
1c. Job immigration visas may be revoked in the event of a failure to meet any continuing requirements as described in this Section for longer than 6 months consecutively.

2a. Up to 24 points may be awarded for proficiency in the English language; 6 each for Reading comprehension, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
2b. Immigrants scoring below an IELTS level of 5.5 (or equivalent) many not apply for a job immigration visa.
2c. Points shall be awarded for scoring 5.5 or above in each of the 4 categories described in section 3a; with 2 points for scoring between 5.5 and 5.99; 4 points for scoring between 6 and 6.99, 5 points for scoring between 7 and 7.99 and 6 points for scoring 8 or more points.

3. Up to 25 points may be awarded for education proficiency, according to the following equivalency list:
a) High School diploma: 5 points
b) 2 year apprenticeship after high school: 10 points
c) 3 year college degree after high school: 15 points
d) 4 year Bachelor's degree: 20 points
e) Double Bachelor: 22 points
f) Master's degree: 25 points
g) PHD: 28 points

4a. Up to 15 points may be awarded for prior job experience on an skilled job:
a) Less than 1 year of job experience: 0 points
b) Between 1 and 2 years of job experience: 9 points
c) Between 2 and 3 years of job experience: 11 points
d) Between 3 and 6 years of job experience: 13 points
e) 6 or more years of job experience: 15 points
4b. Skilled job shall be defined as a management job; a professional job that usually calls for a college degree (for example doctors or architects) or a technical job that usually calls for a college diploma or apprenticeship (for example plumbers or electricians)
4c. Part time jobs, defined as jobs comprising less than 30 hours per week of work; shall count as half for the purposes of counting the years from sections 4a.(a-e).
4d. a) Medical doctors who intend to work in an area, as determined by the Atlasian Census Bureau, to be rural or impoverished, shall be awarded an additional 7 points.
b) Any person who is awarded a job visa because of meeting the requirement in 5d. a) shall have 90 days to gain employment, or to regain employment after a job loss, in such area, or the job visa shall be revoked.

5a. Up to 12 points may be awarded for an applicant's age. Applicants between the ages of 18 and 35 shall be awarded the full 12 points. For each year after that, the number of points awarded shall be reduced by 1 per year, until reaching 0 at age 47.
5b. No persons under the age of 18 may apply for a job immigration visa to the Republic of Atlasia

6. Up to 25 extra points shall be awarded to any workers who attempt to immigrate to the Republic of Atlasia with a job offer for a job that is full time and skilled. These immigrants shall receive the full 25 points, everyone else shall receive 0 points

7. Up to 15 points may be awarded for extra requirements:
-The applicant having completed high school or a college degree in Atlasia shall award 5 points in this section
-Having any sort of legal job experience in Atlasia for at least one year shall award 10 points in this section
-10 points shall be awarded for having a relative living legally in the Republic of Atlasia. Relative shall be defined as the applicant's sibling, parent, grandparent, child or grandchild.

8. If the number of applicants surpasses the maximum amount of people who may apply for an immigrant visa, priority shall be given to the highest scoring applicants. In the case of a score tie; the applicants with job offers shall be admitted first.

Section 5. Other immigration
1. The following extra categories of permanent immigration to the Republic of Atlasia are hereby retained, with their current requirements:
a) Outstandingly skilled people, as currently immigrating through the EB1 visa program
b) Certain special categories of immigrants, as currently immigrating through the EB4 visa program
c) Investors, as currently immigrating through the EB5 visa program
2. A new immigration visa shall be created, targeted at retirees who desire to move to the Republic of Atlasia. People immigrating through this visa shall prove that they are financially independent, able to afford their retirement in Atlasia and may not be allowed to take any job offers in Atlasia. The details of this visa shall be devised by the department in charge of internal policy in Atlasia.

Section 6: Miscellaneous repeals
1. The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program is hereby repealed.

Section 7: Numbers of visas
1. Family reunification visas shall be capped at no more than 75,000 per year.
2. The total number of immigrant visas issued per year by the Atlasian government may not be more than 1/1000th of the Atlasian population, as established in the last decennial census  available. This section shall refer to the census of NPCs made by the Atlasian Census bureau; and not to the census of active players in Atlasia done by the Registrar General.
3. At the discretion of the department responsible for internal policy, the total number of visas available may be reduced by 10% for every year the unemployment rate stays above 5%. Any reduction in the total number of visas shall be accompanied by a proportional reduction in the number of family reunification visas.
4. If the unemployment rate has stayed below 5% for at least 3 consecutive years, and wage growth has matched or surpassed the rate of inflation for the past 4 years; the Atlasian department for internal policy may increase the numbers in sections 7.1 and 7.2 by up to 10%, after a recommendation from the Immigration Analysis board
5. An Immigration Analysis board shall be established. This board shall have representatives from labor unions and small business associations and be in charge of making recommendations to the Atlasian department responsible for internal policy and to the Atlasian Congress with regards to the number of immigrants that should be allowed into Atlasia, as well as the requirements for said immigrants to fulfill.

Section 8: Money for border enforcement
1. Border enforcement shall be granted an added two hundred fifty million dollars starting in 2021 through 2030.
2. This money shall be used to hire an estimated 2,500 more agents and to provide training.
3. Another hundred million dollars for drones and other tools to enhance border security.

Section 8: Enactment
1. This bill shall become enacted 90 days after the passage of this Act
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 02:25:06 AM »
« Edited: December 10, 2020, 06:22:49 PM by Rep Jessica »

An act
              Abusive taxes and the abolishment of limitations on tobacco products act
1. This bill may be referred to as the, "Abusive taxes and the abolishment of limitations on tobacco products act"
Section 2. End of bans
I. All federal tobacco limitations and bans shall be abolished.
Ia. Smoking will be allowed on public property, federal buildings, national parks, bars and stores.
Ib. Excluding public schools funded by the federal government.
II. This shall be made so by January 2022.
III. All regions and states  tabacco limitations shall be under federal funding limitations if they maintain such bans. The federal government strongly encourages the regions and states to abolish such bans and limitations.
IIIa. Some of the options to hold regions and states accountable are federal student loans, federal housing grants, infrastructure funding, and federal funding by the department of education and welfare under the hhs.
Section 3: Limits on taxes on tobacco products
I. All federal, regional and state taxes shall not be more then 10% of the listed price of the product.
Ia. All current taxes that are above this percentage on the books shall be voided upon passage of this bill.
Ib. The  power to force this on the states and regions is the supremacy cause that makes the federal congress superior over the states and regions and commerce cause that dictates interstate commerce. Cross interstate traffic between the states is a preview of the federal government.
Section 4: Lowering the age to buy tobacco to 16
I. The age of use of tobacco shall be Lowered to 16 years of age within the confines of atlasia.
Section 5: Bill shall become law after signed by president
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 09:40:50 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2020, 08:49:14 PM by Rep Jessica »

An act
                                                          Cleaning up plastic act

I. This bill may be referred to as the, " Cleaning up plastic act"
Section 2: Environmental subsidy and fine
I. The federal government shall give a bloc grant of 500 million dollars to the states and regions for the clean up of bags and straws currently within our environment.
Ia. The department of labor shall dole out the money to the states.
Ib. Use of the money will be directed towards hiring people to pick up the bags and straws.
Ic. and the use of  Boats and ships to clean up oceanic plastic.
Id. and Dispose of them within an environmentally respectable way.
II. The government of Atlasia is directing the environmental protection agency to fine any company dumping plastic bags or straws no less then $10,000 dollars per instance.

Section 3. This bill shall become law upon the president signature.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 12:45:15 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2020, 12:48:35 AM by Rep Jessica »

An Resolution

Voiding presidents Mb's executive order 8#

Section: 1: Overriding executive order #8
i. This congress  rejects mb's blanket asylum/amnesty layed out by his executive order 8# to the people of Hong Kong and votes to void the executive action.
ii.  This vote shall reconfirm that the power to grant asylum/amnesty shall be that of the congress.

Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 10:53:43 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2020, 06:11:52 PM by Rep Jessica »

An act
                                     The hyperloop construction act
I. This bill may be referred to as the, "The hyperloop construction act"
Section 2: Aim of the bill and where
I. The federal government of Atlasia supports the construction of a full hyperloop route. (a)
II. This hyperloop shall be constructed between New york city to Nyman dc
Section 3: Construction of tube and pods
I. The construction shall start April of 2021.
II. The tube shall be 10 feet diameter with each "car or pod" fitting within side tube. (c)
IIa. Upwards of 50 pods shall be allowed within the airtight tube at anyone time.
IIb. Upwards of 6 people shall be in each pod
IIc. Each pod must be separated by 500 feet while within the tube
IId. The speed limit shall be 1,200 mph
III. axial compressor shall be placed every 500 feet to minimize air pressure within the tube. (b)
IIIb. This must be backed up by a secondary compressor in case of failure.
Section 4: Subsidy and subjects
I. The government shall be 25% of all cost of construction of the New york to Nyman, Dc route.
II. A partnership between the federal government of Atlasia, Virgin Hyperloop One and  Elon Musk shall be the parties constructing the route.
IIa. Elon musk has pledged 75% of the cost of construction.
IIb. Elon musk will sign an agreement upon the passage of this bill to pay back the 25% to the treasury of Atlasia within 25 years.
III. All maintenance cost shall be paid by ticket revenue.
Section 5: Waiving Environmental rules
I. The federal governments environmental protection agency shall limit all environmental impact statements to no more then 3 months.  
Ia. All states shall state the best course of action to minimize impact on environment within the least impactful manner.
II. All construction of route shall take into account the environment and seek to minimize damages.
IIa. All extensive damages shall be fined under current environmental laws by the environmental protection agency.
Section 5: Other considerations and safety
I. All tubes shall be double layed bullet proof glass on the inside that are capable of withstanding the low air pressure and impact of the pods.
II. Rebar every 3 feet shall wrap around tube
III. Tubes shall be separated by 2 feet of concrete barrier on all bridges and road ways that have traffic on them.
Section 6: What is what?
a. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop
b. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_compressor
c. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop#/media/File:Hyperloop_all_cutaway.png
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 09:33:34 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2020, 09:40:13 PM by Rep Jessica »

An ACT

Limit and amend federal copyright

Section I. Title
i. The long title of this Act shall be the, "Limit and amend federal copyright "
Section 2: Amendments to current federal copyright law
I. Physical objects copyrights shall be 125 years
ia. No copyright fines shall be more then $20,000 dollars per item.
ib. Physical object copyright is anything you hold in your hand that is protected by federal copyright.
II. Digital copyright shall be 25 years
IIa. Upon the 25th year all music, t.v shows and movies shall be available online as public content.
III. All fines and prison time for items that fall outside of the time span copyrighted shall be voided.
Iv. all prison terms and prison guidelines shall be repealed for items of copyright.
V. All items above shall replace current copyright law.
Section 3: Purpose
I. Purpose of this bill is to allow social media on the internet the ability to legally provide and allow content within the confines of Atlasia.
Ia. This will allow users to download music, t.v shows and movies over 25 years old that are already online.  
Ib. This will remove all legal arguments whether such sites can continue to host such content. Such content currently could end youtube and google if it was pushed.
Ic. Such sites for example are youtube, bitshut, facebook, google, twitter, etc.
II. This law will also expand physical copyright to 125 years for all physical objects.
III. This bill will modernize the process.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 11:37:29 PM »

An End to Hate Speech and Misinformation Act

As hate speech and deliberate misinformation are on the rise it is time for the Government to step in to stop this practice  

Hate Speech: Hate Speech shall be defined as speech attacking a group based on their race/ethnicity/religion/sexuality/gender or gender identity.

Misinformation:Misinformation should be defined as ideas that have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt false by the scientific and academic communities or other authoritative communities.

1. It shall be a illegal for any individual or group in Atlasia to spread Hate Speech or Misinformation.

2. Any website that does supports the positing of hate speech or Misinformation or does not take reasonable attempts to regulate hate speech and Misinformation shall be found in violation of this law.  

3. Any group or website found in violation of section 1 or 2 may be shut down by a order of the Attorney General. Any group or website shut down by the Attorney General (AG) may appeal to the court and the judgement of the court shall overrule the opinion of the Attorney General.

4. Any individual found in violation of section 1 may be charged with spreading hate speech and conspiracy theories. In addition anyone being a part of a group in section 1 may be charged with participating in the spread of hate speech and misinformation. Anyone leading a group in violation of section 1 shall be charged with spreading hate speech and misinformation. Anyone owing a website in violation of section 2 may be charged with facilitating the spread of hate speech and misinformation.

5. The maximum penalty for spreading hate speech and misinformation shall be a fine of $10,000 and 3 years in prison. The maximum penalty for participating in the spread of hate speech and misinformation shall be $5000 and 1 year in prison. The maximum penalty for facilitating the spread of hate speech and misinformation should be $2500 and 6 months in prison.

Sponsored on behalf of Politics Fan.

This is against freespeech and the very concept of human liberty. I will fight this bill with all my heart and soul. Free speech is about speech that someone may disagree with but that doesn't mean that it should be banned or come with prison time as that is what CHina or north Korea does.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 02:17:35 AM »
« Edited: January 12, 2021, 02:22:32 AM by Rep Jessica »

A RESOLUTION
        The government of Atlasia supports online free speech

Be it resolved by the House of Representatives and Senate assembled:

Section 1. Title

1. This legislation may be cited as the " The government of Atlasia supports online free speech".

Section 2: Support for free speech online.

I. Atlasia supports free speech online on social networks and throughout the internet.
II. The Government of Atlasia believes that censorship that seeks to censor political speech is against the belief of this government and against the very core of human freedom.
Section 3: FCC enforcement of fair treatment of political beliefs.

I. FCC shall make sure political speech isn't unfairly treated based on belief.
Ia. Russia, China, and many countries throughout the world silence their political dissent and we must be sure that we don't do it here in Atlasia.
II. FCC shall use its powers to enforce a fair approach of moderation online that allows all sides to have a fair and just chance at discussing their political beliefs.
Section 4: Anti-trust
I. under the sherman/clayton anti-trust laws company's shall not conspire to work together to kill off competition. This congress is asking the attorney general to look into the issue.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 07:25:02 PM »

I wish to resubmit this bill for this term. This would give our country a great technology and most of the cost would be covered by owners.

An act
                                     The hyperloop construction act
I. This bill may be referred to as the, "The hyperloop construction act"
Section 2: Aim of the bill and where
I. The federal government of Atlasia supports the construction of a full hyperloop route. (a)
II. This hyperloop shall be constructed between New york city to Nyman dc
Section 3: Construction of tube and pods
I. The construction shall start April of 2021.
II. The tube shall be 10 feet diameter with each "car or pod" fitting within side tube. (c)
IIa. Upwards of 50 pods shall be allowed within the airtight tube at anyone time.
IIb. Upwards of 6 people shall be in each pod
IIc. Each pod must be separated by 500 feet while within the tube
IId. The speed limit shall be 1,200 mph
III. axial compressor shall be placed every 500 feet to minimize air pressure within the tube. (b)
IIIb. This must be backed up by a secondary compressor in case of failure.
Section 4: Subsidy and subjects
I. The government shall be 25% of all cost of construction of the New york to Nyman, Dc route.
II. A partnership between the federal government of Atlasia, Virgin Hyperloop One and  Elon Musk shall be the parties constructing the route.
IIa. Elon musk has pledged 75% of the cost of construction.
IIb. Elon musk will sign an agreement upon the passage of this bill to pay back the 25% to the treasury of Atlasia within 25 years.
III. All maintenance cost shall be paid by ticket revenue.
Section 5: Waiving Environmental rules
I. The federal governments environmental protection agency shall limit all environmental impact statements to no more then 3 months.  
Ia. All states shall state the best course of action to minimize impact on environment within the least impactful manner.
II. All construction of route shall take into account the environment and seek to minimize damages.
IIa. All extensive damages shall be fined under current environmental laws by the environmental protection agency.
Section 5: Other considerations and safety
I. All tubes shall be double layed bullet proof glass on the inside that are capable of withstanding the low air pressure and impact of the pods.
II. Rebar every 3 feet shall wrap around tube
III. Tubes shall be separated by 2 feet of concrete barrier on all bridges and road ways that have traffic on them.
Section 6: What is what?
a. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop
b. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_compressor
c. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop#/media/File:Hyperloop_all_cutaway.png
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 04:23:35 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2021, 04:30:38 PM by Rep Jessica »

A BILL
               Atlasia supports private companies using resources of space
Be it enacted in both Houses of Congress assembled

1. The long title of this bill will be the "Atlasia supports private companies using resources of space"
2. We the government of Atlasia shall approve and deregulate the private use of outer-space
2a. We approve of private space companies with the goal of using the resources of space to the benefit of Atlasia.
2b. The benefit shall be for resources, exploration and the like.
3. All regulations and treaties shall be withdrawn or reviewed in order to speed up the process of economic development of space.
3a. A commission shall be selected by the president working with the private sector to review such regulations.
3b. This deregulation will include the use of nuclear, fusion and anti-matter rockets and space travel.
4. The goal of Atlasia is to grow our economy off the resources of space and to allow the development of such assets outside of the confines of the earth.

Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 06:09:25 PM »

AN ACT
                                             Outsource and you'll pay the price act

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this Act shall be the "Outsource and you'll pay the price and national security concerns act"

Section II: Definitions and what is at stake...
ii. Outsourcing is the action of any business that moves production overseas in order to use the labor of another country.
iia. Move office to another country to avoid taxes
iib. These businesses aim to rob the Atlasian worker of work and rob our treasury of tax money that is owed.
iic. Outsourcing company's have proven to be an serious national security issue as countries that hate us now control mining of precious metals, jet engines, military hardware production and so much more that we rely as an nation for national defense and basic economic function.

Section III: Correcting for a better and more atlasian tomorrow.
I. Any business that moves production of goods overseas shall see a 10% tax placed on all their imports back into Atlasia.
Ia. For countries like China, Mexico and other violators of human rights shall not do business with the republic of Atlasia if found to have violated the basic labor rights of the workers being used.
Ib. The congress of the republic of Atlasia ask the president to take leadership and to apply tariff's beyond this 10% if need be and in order to fight for the enhancement of human rights of the workers being used.
II. All military hardware made over seas shall be phased out and brought back to Atlasia by December 31, 2025.
IIa. The president of Atlasia and the Secretary of defense shall oversee the completion of of section III part II.
IIb. We can't afford to be at war with China and literally be relying on them for production of our war machine.
Section III: The end of bringing in illegal replacements in order to undermine the Atlasian worker.
I. All businesses that hire illegals shall be fined an fine no less then $1,500 dollars per illegal found working there.
II. All food providers shall get their food handlers card removed after the second offense.
IIa. Food handler is place that handles food like grocery stores, fast food, bars, etc.
III. Upon an third offense the owners, managers and/or people doing the hiring shall serve 3 months in federal prison.

SECTION IV. WHEN EFFECTIVE.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2021, 11:24:24 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2021, 11:28:19 PM by Rep Jessica »

AN ACT
                                                            Kepler 2 space telescope
Section 1: Title
i. The long title of this Act shall be the " Kepler 2 space telescope"
Section 2: Directing Nasa to develop and launch a second Kepler space telescope.

i. The development of a second Kepler space telescope shall be mandated by this congress for nasa.
ia. This telescope shall be in similar design of the first kepler telescope but
ib. designed with 1.25-1.5 times bigger lenses and stricter ability to spot earth sized planets around m and g class stars.
ii. This telescope shall be ready for launch by 2026.
Section 3: Funding
i. Nasa shall get 1.5 billion to design the scope and shall use space-x to launch at the tune of 100 billion bucks.

Why? Because the first kepler found 3 thousand planets and a similar scope is worth doing over pretty much anything else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies