House Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:10:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107122 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« on: July 09, 2020, 10:05:38 PM »

An act to guarantee and reward quality wine

Section I. Title.

This bill shall be referred to as the “Atlasia Wine Official Classification Act of 2020”.

Section II. Definitions

A. An “Atlasian wine” shall be any wine made with at least 85% grapes grown in Atlasia.

Section III. Establishment

A. Reds

I. A competition shall be held every 9 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous eight years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $3,000 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litres total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel and Primitivo, Syrah and Shiraz, Barbera and Sangiovese, and Red Blends.

III. Each varietal of wine shall be judged by a grand panel of 10 wine experts, 5 celebrities, 5 politicians, and 5 ordinary citizens, selected at random from a pool of applicants. Each judge shall rank each wine on a scale of 0-1000.

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next nine years’ vintages. The next ten highest scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next nine years’ vintages, and with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines, and so on with “Third” and “Fourth Growths”, each doubling in size of the category. If there are fewer than 200 submissions in any category, then the highest number of categories that can be entirely filled by the submissions shall be the final one. 

B. Whites and Roses

I. A competition shall be held every 6 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous five years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $2,500 for their first submission and $1,000 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litres total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Viognier, Muscat and Moscato, Rosés, and White Blends.

III. Each varietal of wine shall be judged by a grand panel of 10 wine experts, 5 celebrities, 5 politicians, and 5 ordinary citizens, selected at random from a pool of applicants. Each judge shall rank each wine on a scale of 0-1000.

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages. The next ten highest scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages, and with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines, and so on with “Third” and “Fourth Growths”, each doubling in size of the category. If there are fewer than 200 submissions in any category, then the highest number of categories that can be entirely filled by the submissions shall be the final one. 

C. Champagnes and Sparkling Wines

I. A competition shall be held every 6 years with any winery being allowed to submit any of their Atlasian wine which shall fit the selected category produced within the previous five years for judging. There is no limit to how many wines a winery may submit, but they must pay $5,000 for their first submission and $1,500 for any additional wine they submit. Each submission must include at least two cases of wines - the equivalent of twenty-four 750 ml bottles or 15 litres total.

II. The available wine categories for the competition are: Blanc de blancs, Blanc de noirs, Cuveés, Prosecco, and Sweet Sparkling Wines. 

IV. The five wines within each category with the highest sum scores shall be permitted to use the “Superior Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages. The next ten highest scoring wines within each category shall be permitted to use the “First Growth” label on all of that category of wines produced within the next six years’ vintages, and so on with “Second Growth” on the next twenty highest-scoring wines.

Section IV. Funding and Logistics

A. Competitions shall be hosted by cities across Atlasia, with applications by cities to be submitted to and selected by the Department of Agriculture. The cities shall be expected to provide a space for hosting and housing, with funds received from competition applicants to be directed to the host city’s event budget.

B. Usage of the scoring “Growth” terms shall be enforced by the Department of Justice, with a $100,000 fine for an illegal use of the label as well as an additional $100 per bottle sold without having met the competitive qualification for use of the label.

Section V. Implementation

The first competition shall be held jointly for all three types of wines in 2021.

Amazing. I would like to co-sponsor.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 01:15:56 PM »

A RESOLUTION
To recognize the inhumane atrocities the Armenian people were subject to between 1914 and 1923.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Resolved: That the Ottoman Empire is responsible for the mass murder and expulsion of Armenians between 1914 and 1923, hereby known as the Armenian Genocide. That the Republic of Atlasia calls on the nations of the former Ottoman Empire to formally acknowledge these acts.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 01:28:54 PM »

AN ACT
To restore Atlasian dignity.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title & Definitions

i. The long title of this Act shall be the "Zero Tolerance for Promoting Unsubstantiated Conspiracy Theories Act."

Section II. Provisions
All provisions of The INFOWARS.COM PRISON PLANET.COM Act are hereby repealed.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 02:26:48 PM »

AN ACT
To improve transport and connectivity across our nation.

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this bill shall be the "Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act." It may be cited as the "High Speed Rail Act."

Section II. Definitions
i. High speed rail is defined as a railroad capable of supporting trains in excess of 120 mph.

Section III. Construction of High Speed Rail Arteries
i. A high speed railway shall be constructed from San Diego, CA to Seattle, WA. The railway must include access stations in Los Angeles, CA, San Jose, CA, and Portland, OR.
     a. The Department of Transportation should negotiate possible connections through Canada and Mexico.
ii. A high speed railway shall be constructed from Miami, FL to Boston, MA. The railway must include access stations in Charlotte, NC, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA, and New York City, NY.

Section IV. Creation of National Rail Authority
i. The National Rail Authority is hereby established under the Department of Transportation and tasked with the responsibility of overseeing construction, rail route development, and consumer-end transit program implementation.
ii. The National Rail Authority shall consist of members appointed by the President of Atlasia.
iii. Modifications to the seaboard routes and placement of cross-country rail routes shall be the responsibility of the National Rail Authority.
iv. Congress shall retain the ability to legislate new routes or override the decisions of the National Rail Authority if necessary.

Section V. Appropriations
i. $80 billion shall be appropriated for the construction of new rail and adaptation of old rail for the creation of the seaboard routes.
ii. $250 million shall be appropriated for surveying and planning of cross-country rail routes.
iii. $3 billion shall be appropriated for the construction of connecting routes to off-route cities.
iv. $150 billion shall be released for construction of new rail and adaptation of old rail for the creation of cross country routes pending a finalized route plan from the National Rail Authority.
v. $8 billion shall be released for the construction of connecting routes to off-route cities pending a finalized route plan from the National Rail Authority.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 03:50:02 PM »

AN ACT
To assist impoverished Atlasians and secure a better future for our posterity.

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this bill shall be the "Urban Investment and Redevelopment Act."

Section II. Definitions
i. Urban area is defined as a CSA with over 1 million residents as of the most recently completed Census.

Section III. Creation of Urban Economic Action Districts
i. Regional and local governments may apply to the Department of Housing and Urban Development for cities or designated portions of cities to be designated as Urban Economic Action District (UEAD).
     a. For an area to be designated a UEAD, the median household income must be below the national median household income, and the percentage of households receiving federal assistance such as SNAP must exceed 20%.
     b. Once designated, a UEAD retains its status for five years.
ii. The Department of Housing and Urban Development shall work with financial institutions to create loan programs to benefit UEADs.

Section IV. Programs for Urban Economic Action Districts
i. Businesses that open new locations within UEADs shall receive (tax incentives) for the new location for up to three tax years.
ii. Businesses within UEADs owned by residents of the UEAD are eligible to apply to receive (tax incentives) for up to three tax years.
iii. Businesses receiving (tax incentives) shall also be exempt from employer-paid payroll taxes on new hires that are residents of the UEAD for up to one tax year.

Section V. Food Desert Prevention Program for Healthy Kids
i. Full-service grocery stores within UEADs can offer a 25% reduction to SNAP and WIC beneficiaries to be reimbursed by the federal government.
ii. A package of pots, pans, utensils, measuring cups, and a cookbook will be offered to all SNAP and WIC beneficiaries.
     a. The Department of Housing and Urban Development will sponsor cooking classes in UEADs every two months.

Section VI. Deconstruction of Blighted Areas
i. UEADs may apply for grant funds to be used for the purpose of deconstructing and rebuilding blighted areas.
     a. UEADs may apply for grant funds to create public parks and housing developments in formerly blighted areas.
ii. All uses of grant funds shall be subject to Department of Housing and Urban Development oversight.

Section VII. Public School Improvements
i. (underperforming public schools) can offer up to 33% higher pay to new teacher hires to be covered by the federal government.
     a. The 33% shall apply to the standard starting salary for the school district at the time of the UEAD designation.
ii. (underperforming public schools) more than twenty years old may apply for grant funds for school improvements.
     a. Grant funds may be used for classroom remodels, new equipment, or other maintenance or improvements.
     b. All uses of grant funds shall be subject to Department of Education oversight.

Section VIII. Appropriations
i. (TBD)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 10:02:24 PM »

Amendment to Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution:
Vacancies in the House of Representatives shall be filled by a special election to chose a replacement to serve the remainder of the existing term.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 11:23:33 PM »

An End to Hate Speech and Misinformation Act

As hate speech and deliberate misinformation are on the rise it is time for the Government to step in to stop this practice  

Hate Speech: Hate Speech shall be defined as speech attacking a group based on their race/ethnicity/religion/sexuality/gender or gender identity.

Misinformation:Misinformation should be defined as ideas that have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt false by the scientific and academic communities or other authoritative communities.

1. It shall be a illegal for any individual or group in Atlasia to spread Hate Speech or Misinformation.

2. Any website that does supports the positing of hate speech or Misinformation or does not take reasonable attempts to regulate hate speech and Misinformation shall be found in violation of this law.  

3. Any group or website found in violation of section 1 or 2 may be shut down by a order of the Attorney General. Any group or website shut down by the Attorney General (AG) may appeal to the court and the judgement of the court shall overrule the opinion of the Attorney General.

4. Any individual found in violation of section 1 may be charged with spreading hate speech and conspiracy theories. In addition anyone being a part of a group in section 1 may be charged with participating in the spread of hate speech and misinformation. Anyone leading a group in violation of section 1 shall be charged with spreading hate speech and misinformation. Anyone owing a website in violation of section 2 may be charged with facilitating the spread of hate speech and misinformation.

5. The maximum penalty for spreading hate speech and misinformation shall be a fine of $10,000 and 3 years in prison. The maximum penalty for participating in the spread of hate speech and misinformation shall be $5000 and 1 year in prison. The maximum penalty for facilitating the spread of hate speech and misinformation should be $2500 and 6 months in prison.

Sponsored on behalf of Politics Fan.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 11:59:56 PM »

An End to Hate Speech and Misinformation Act

As hate speech and deliberate misinformation are on the rise it is time for the Government to step in to stop this practice  

Hate Speech: Hate Speech shall be defined as speech attacking a group based on their race/ethnicity/religion/sexuality/gender or gender identity.

Misinformation:Misinformation should be defined as ideas that have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt false by the scientific and academic communities or other authoritative communities.

1. It shall be a illegal for any individual or group in Atlasia to spread Hate Speech or Misinformation.

2. Any website that does supports the positing of hate speech or Misinformation or does not take reasonable attempts to regulate hate speech and Misinformation shall be found in violation of this law.  

3. Any group or website found in violation of section 1 or 2 may be shut down by a order of the Attorney General. Any group or website shut down by the Attorney General (AG) may appeal to the court and the judgement of the court shall overrule the opinion of the Attorney General.

4. Any individual found in violation of section 1 may be charged with spreading hate speech and conspiracy theories. In addition anyone being a part of a group in section 1 may be charged with participating in the spread of hate speech and misinformation. Anyone leading a group in violation of section 1 shall be charged with spreading hate speech and misinformation. Anyone owing a website in violation of section 2 may be charged with facilitating the spread of hate speech and misinformation.

5. The maximum penalty for spreading hate speech and misinformation shall be a fine of $10,000 and 3 years in prison. The maximum penalty for participating in the spread of hate speech and misinformation shall be $5000 and 1 year in prison. The maximum penalty for facilitating the spread of hate speech and misinformation should be $2500 and 6 months in prison.

Sponsored on behalf of Politics Fan.

This is against freespeech and the very concept of human liberty. I will fight this bill with all my heart and soul. Free speech is about speech that someone may disagree with but that doesn't mean that it should be banned or come with prison time as that is what CHina or north Korea does.

That's fine and we can debate this, I'm simply responding to the public legislation thread that our House is responsible for.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 12:25:58 AM »

That's fine and we can debate this, I'm simply responding to the public legislation thread that our House is responsible for.
Isn't there a slot in the House for citizen bills?

Yes, so once Im able to get to a computer and update the board we can take a look. If you check my post, I said sponsored on behalf of Politics Fan, who introduced it. A bill still needs a House member to sponsor when dealing with amendments and what not.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 08:17:18 PM »

AN ACT
To improve transport and connectivity across our nation.

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this bill shall be the "Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act." It may be cited as the "High Speed Rail Act."

Section II. Definitions
i. High speed rail is defined as a railroad capable of supporting trains in excess of 120 mph.

Section III. Construction of High Speed Rail Arteries
i. A high speed railway shall be constructed along the western coast.
     a. The Department of Transportation should negotiate possible connections through Canada and Mexico.
ii. A high speed railway shall be constructed along the eastern coast.

Section IV. Creation of National Rail Authority
i. The National Rail Authority is hereby established under the Department of Transportation and tasked with the responsibility of overseeing construction, rail route development, and consumer-end transit program implementation.
ii. The National Rail Authority shall consist of members appointed by the President of Atlasia.
iii. The layout of the seaboard routes and placement of cross-country rail routes shall be the responsibility of the National Rail Authority.
iv. Congress shall retain the ability to legislate new routes or override the decisions of the National Rail Authority if necessary.

Section V. Appropriations
i. $80 billion shall be appropriated for the construction of new rail and adaptation of old rail for the creation of the seaboard routes.
ii. $250 million shall be appropriated for surveying and planning of cross-country rail routes.
iii. $3 billion shall be appropriated for the construction of connecting routes to off-route cities.
iv. $150 billion shall be released for construction of new rail and adaptation of old rail for the creation of cross country routes pending a finalized route plan from the National Rail Authority.
v. $8 billion shall be released for the construction of connecting routes to off-route cities pending a finalized route plan from the National Rail Authority.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 02:12:16 PM »

AN AMENDMENT
To House of the Representatives Rules and Procedures for Operation
Article 3, Section 2 is amended as follows:
2.) The presiding officer shall allow 24 hours for objections to an amendment following its introduction. If no objections are filed, the amendment shall pass. If any objections are filed, a vote shall be held. Votes on legislation shall last for a maximum of 3 days (i.e. 72 hours).
When an amendment to legislation has enough votes to pass or fail, the office in control of the legislative slot may announce that he or she will close the vote in 24 hours and that any Representative who wishes to change his or her vote must do so during that interval. The Vice-President shall have the ability to break tied votes. If a tie has not been broken within 72 hours of the end of the voting period, the tie shall be automatically broken in favor of the nays.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies