House Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:02:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 107158 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: September 06, 2020, 09:04:09 AM »

AN ACT
    To implement a 30 hour work week through Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title

I. To act shall be called: "Shorter work week act"

Section II. Definition of the 30 hour work week

i. A general non-flexible work week is consistent of a work week of 5 days where people work 6 hours, with half an hour or hour rest during noon.
ii. Workers can choose between working from 6am to 12am, 8am to 2pm, 10am to 4pm, 12am to 6pm or 2pm to 8pm. This flexible roster will cause traffic to be more distributed and reduce traffic jams
iii. Workers in flexible jobs will at max work 30 hours through a week, determined by the employer.

Section III: Subsidizing of 10 hours of work

i. the government will pay the minimum wage for an additional 10 hours to full-time workers at the rate of a minimum wage. This will be paid to all full-time workers.

Section IV: When effective

This resolution shall become effective when passed by Congress.

Section V: Explanation

This bill has as goal to lower pressure for all Atlasian citizens and to lower unemployment by creating more part-time jobs. The 30 hour work week act will cause citizens to live longer, be effective for a longer time and be less prone to a burn-out or invalidity, which on the long term will benefit the economy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies