House Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:09:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 106147 times)
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: September 05, 2020, 02:01:29 AM »

26th CONGRESS
1st Session

H.R. ____

To prohibit the Secretary of Veterans Affairs from charging veterans copayments for preventive services relating to COVID–19.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
September 4, 2020

Ms. Jackson (for herself) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs

A BILL

To prohibit the Secretary of Veterans Affairs from charging veterans copayments for preventive services relating to COVID–19.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “No Coronavirus Copays for Veterans Act”.

SEC. 2. PROHIBITION ON COPAYMENTS AND COST SHARING FOR VETERANS RECEIVING PREVENTIVE SERVICES RELATING TO COVID–19.

(a) Prohibition.—The Secretary of Veterans Affairs may not require any copayment or other cost sharing under chapter 17 of title 38, United States Code, for qualifying coronavirus preventive services. The requirement described in this subsection shall take effect with respect to a qualifying coronavirus preventive service starting on the specified date.

(b) Definitions.—In this section, the terms “qualifying coronavirus preventive service” includes any treatment related to coronavirus testing, diagnosis, and treatment and “specified date” means the date this bill is signed into law.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #626 on: September 06, 2020, 09:04:09 AM »

AN ACT
    To implement a 30 hour work week through Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title

I. To act shall be called: "Shorter work week act"

Section II. Definition of the 30 hour work week

i. A general non-flexible work week is consistent of a work week of 5 days where people work 6 hours, with half an hour or hour rest during noon.
ii. Workers can choose between working from 6am to 12am, 8am to 2pm, 10am to 4pm, 12am to 6pm or 2pm to 8pm. This flexible roster will cause traffic to be more distributed and reduce traffic jams
iii. Workers in flexible jobs will at max work 30 hours through a week, determined by the employer.

Section III: Subsidizing of 10 hours of work

i. the government will pay the minimum wage for an additional 10 hours to full-time workers at the rate of a minimum wage. This will be paid to all full-time workers.

Section IV: When effective

This resolution shall become effective when passed by Congress.

Section V: Explanation

This bill has as goal to lower pressure for all Atlasian citizens and to lower unemployment by creating more part-time jobs. The 30 hour work week act will cause citizens to live longer, be effective for a longer time and be less prone to a burn-out or invalidity, which on the long term will benefit the economy.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #627 on: September 06, 2020, 11:56:43 AM »

AN ACT

H.R. ____

To mitigate the costs of childcare due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Be it ordained by the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

SEPTEMBER 6, 2020

Section I. Title

i. The title of this legislation shall be the Reduction of Childcare Costs Act
ii. The purpose of this legislation is to reduce childcare costs

Section II. Provisions
i. In response to the declared public health emergency, to hereby establish a national child care stabilization fund
ii. The national child care fund shall be financed through taxation
iii. To establish categorical grants to each state in the Republic of Atlasia, child care stabilization grants shall be authorized to the appropriate agency of each state
iv. The fund shall not exceed an amount of $50,000,000
v. The fund may also be used to grant child care tax subsidies to states through revenue sharing, which in turn, can direct them to municipalities

Section III. Use of Grants
i. The state agency may only use the grants established by law to carry out activities to improve the supply and quality of child care such as conducting community assessment of child care centers OR to aid individuals in reducing their childcare costs by applying to the appropriate state agency
ii. The grant amount shall be based on the operating expenses of centers
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #628 on: September 06, 2020, 01:28:54 PM »

AN ACT
To restore Atlasian dignity.

Section I. Title & Definitions

i. The long title of this Act shall be the "Zero Tolerance for Promoting Unsubstantiated Conspiracy Theories Act."

Section II. Provisions
All provisions of The INFOWARS.COM PRISON PLANET.COM Act are hereby repealed.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #629 on: September 06, 2020, 02:08:18 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2020, 12:21:17 AM by Rep Jessica »

AN ACT
                                                     The disabled and needy Rental fairness act

Section I. Title & Definitions

i. The long title of this Act shall be the "The disabled and needy rental fairness act"

Section II. Provisions
i. All disabled and people that  are currently receiving government assistance such as social security or social security disability shall not pay more security deposit within the republic of Atlasia because of their disability or needs.
ia. This includes people with little rental history.
ii Landlords shall be banned from setting monthly rent to income requirements within their rental agreements or policies to get into an apartment.
iia. These policies currently are 2 to 5 times the income just to get into an low income apartment that targets the poor unfairly. Such rules are unfair and are causing the homelessness problem within our cities.
iii. All waitlist shall exclude such unfair agreements such as income requirements higher then the rent.
iiia. Waitlist shall consider rental history, criminal history and to make sure the renter has the income to afford the monthly rent.
iiib. rental history for "needs" renters with no criminal background shall not be grounds for not letting them in.
iiic. Most disabled people will be going from moms or a family member and can't be expected to have past rental history to get into an apartment. It isn't fair to throw our disabled and poor onto the street.
iiii. All peoples making less then $25,000 per year shall be included within the needy category and shall be included within section ii and iii above.

Section III. Goals
i. The goals of this act shall be to end homelessness and to make the system more fair to the poor of our republic.
ii. Once people have a place to stay then they'll be able to get a job, go to college and be more law abiding citizens.
iia. This act shall provide a more socially and economically sound economy within our cities.

Section Iv. Enforcement
i. All landlords found in violation of this act shall be fined $5 thousand dollars for first violation,
ia. increasing by $2,500 + the $5k per violation then after. So second violation will be $7,500, third $10,000...etc

SECTION V. WHEN EFFECTIVE.
This resolution shall become effective when passed by Congress.

Why? Because I am sick of the homeless problem and the unfair rental system that made it. Time to do something about it. Our cities sure can't seem to get it together and frankly this would bring more social stability and a strong economy. As a right winger I realize that something needs to be done and we'd be better off with such policy as this.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #630 on: September 06, 2020, 02:26:48 PM »

AN ACT
To improve transport and connectivity across our nation.

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this bill shall be the "Expansion of High Speed Rail and Mass Transit Act." It may be cited as the "High Speed Rail Act."

Section II. Definitions
i. High speed rail is defined as a railroad capable of supporting trains in excess of 120 mph.

Section III. Construction of High Speed Rail Arteries
i. A high speed railway shall be constructed from San Diego, CA to Seattle, WA. The railway must include access stations in Los Angeles, CA, San Jose, CA, and Portland, OR.
     a. The Department of Transportation should negotiate possible connections through Canada and Mexico.
ii. A high speed railway shall be constructed from Miami, FL to Boston, MA. The railway must include access stations in Charlotte, NC, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA, and New York City, NY.

Section IV. Creation of National Rail Authority
i. The National Rail Authority is hereby established under the Department of Transportation and tasked with the responsibility of overseeing construction, rail route development, and consumer-end transit program implementation.
ii. The National Rail Authority shall consist of members appointed by the President of Atlasia.
iii. Modifications to the seaboard routes and placement of cross-country rail routes shall be the responsibility of the National Rail Authority.
iv. Congress shall retain the ability to legislate new routes or override the decisions of the National Rail Authority if necessary.

Section V. Appropriations
i. $80 billion shall be appropriated for the construction of new rail and adaptation of old rail for the creation of the seaboard routes.
ii. $250 million shall be appropriated for surveying and planning of cross-country rail routes.
iii. $3 billion shall be appropriated for the construction of connecting routes to off-route cities.
iv. $150 billion shall be released for construction of new rail and adaptation of old rail for the creation of cross country routes pending a finalized route plan from the National Rail Authority.
v. $8 billion shall be released for the construction of connecting routes to off-route cities pending a finalized route plan from the National Rail Authority.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #631 on: September 06, 2020, 03:00:14 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2020, 03:25:24 PM by Rep Jessica »

An Act
                                            Middle class tax break and business assistance act of 2020

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this bill shall be the "Middle class tax break and business assistance act of 2020"

Section II. Who's included?

i. For all people making under $100,000 per year or
ii. small businesses making equal or less than $750,000 per year
Section III. Tax cut
i. For people making equal to less then $100,000 per year shall  see an 3% reduction in income  taxes starting in 2021 onwards.
ia. 3% reduction for each of the tax brackets that pay income taxes.
What will happen:
0-13K      7% to 4%
13K-50k    12% to 9%
50K-100K   23% to 20%
ii. For small businesses with a net income equaling or less than $750,000 shall see an reduction in business related taxes of 2% from 2021 forward.

Section III. Federal small business start up loans and assistance enhancement
i. Ten billion dollars shall be added to the 2021-2022 federal loans and assistance budget to rebuild from the pandemic for small businesses that make a profit of less then or equal to $5,000,000/year.
ia. The federal government goal is to save our businesses and to help new ones as we emerge from the deep recession.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #632 on: September 06, 2020, 03:20:29 PM »

An Act
To levy a tax on cannabis in the interest of creating more government revenue
Section I. Title
i. The long title of this bill shall be "The Taxing Cannabis act of 2020"
Section II. Definitions
i. A tax shall be applied to cannabis products
ii. This tax shall be be at least 15% in every region of Atlasia
iii. This tax will not be an increase in sales tax or any other tax, and will be a separate tax entirely
Section III. Exemptions
i. This shall apply to all products containing cannabis or marijuana
ii. It will not apply to specific ingredients of marijuana including CBD
iii. Customers purchasing marijuana with a diagnosis for medical marijuana shall be exempt from this tax
Section IV. Enforcement
i. Failure to comply with this tax by a registered vendor will result in a misdemeanor
ii. Punishment shall not exceed a fine of the amount of taxes neglected to collect
iii. No arrest shall be made of any non-vendor selling cannabis products
Section V. Apportionment
i. The revenue from this tax will be used to create more government revenue and to alleviate the debt
Section VI. Communication and Implementation
i. Regions will make vendors aware of these changes
ii. This tax will be implemented at the beginning of the next financial quarter after passing
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #633 on: September 06, 2020, 03:50:02 PM »

AN ACT
To assist impoverished Atlasians and secure a better future for our posterity.

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this bill shall be the "Urban Investment and Redevelopment Act."

Section II. Definitions
i. Urban area is defined as a CSA with over 1 million residents as of the most recently completed Census.

Section III. Creation of Urban Economic Action Districts
i. Regional and local governments may apply to the Department of Housing and Urban Development for cities or designated portions of cities to be designated as Urban Economic Action District (UEAD).
     a. For an area to be designated a UEAD, the median household income must be below the national median household income, and the percentage of households receiving federal assistance such as SNAP must exceed 20%.
     b. Once designated, a UEAD retains its status for five years.
ii. The Department of Housing and Urban Development shall work with financial institutions to create loan programs to benefit UEADs.

Section IV. Programs for Urban Economic Action Districts
i. Businesses that open new locations within UEADs shall receive (tax incentives) for the new location for up to three tax years.
ii. Businesses within UEADs owned by residents of the UEAD are eligible to apply to receive (tax incentives) for up to three tax years.
iii. Businesses receiving (tax incentives) shall also be exempt from employer-paid payroll taxes on new hires that are residents of the UEAD for up to one tax year.

Section V. Food Desert Prevention Program for Healthy Kids
i. Full-service grocery stores within UEADs can offer a 25% reduction to SNAP and WIC beneficiaries to be reimbursed by the federal government.
ii. A package of pots, pans, utensils, measuring cups, and a cookbook will be offered to all SNAP and WIC beneficiaries.
     a. The Department of Housing and Urban Development will sponsor cooking classes in UEADs every two months.

Section VI. Deconstruction of Blighted Areas
i. UEADs may apply for grant funds to be used for the purpose of deconstructing and rebuilding blighted areas.
     a. UEADs may apply for grant funds to create public parks and housing developments in formerly blighted areas.
ii. All uses of grant funds shall be subject to Department of Housing and Urban Development oversight.

Section VII. Public School Improvements
i. (underperforming public schools) can offer up to 33% higher pay to new teacher hires to be covered by the federal government.
     a. The 33% shall apply to the standard starting salary for the school district at the time of the UEAD designation.
ii. (underperforming public schools) more than twenty years old may apply for grant funds for school improvements.
     a. Grant funds may be used for classroom remodels, new equipment, or other maintenance or improvements.
     b. All uses of grant funds shall be subject to Department of Education oversight.

Section VIII. Appropriations
i. (TBD)
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #634 on: September 08, 2020, 12:40:15 PM »

A RESOLUTION
To recognize the inhumane atrocities the Armenian people were subject to between 1914 and 1923.

Resolved: That the Ottoman Empire is responsible for the mass murder and expulsion of Armenians between 1914 and 1923, hereby known as the Armenian Genocide. That the Republic of Atlasia calls on the nations of the former Ottoman Empire to formally acknowledge these acts.

I co sponsor!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #635 on: September 08, 2020, 10:02:24 PM »

Amendment to Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution:
Vacancies in the House of Representatives shall be filled by a special election to chose a replacement to serve the remainder of the existing term.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #636 on: September 09, 2020, 01:12:40 PM »

AN ACT

H.R. ____

To reduce financial burdens upon minority communities and to promote small businesses

SEPTEMBER 9, 2020

Section 1. Title
a. The title of this legislation shall be the Reinvestment in our Communities Act

Section 2. Purpose
The purpose of this Act is to—

a. Hereby establish programs to revitalize and provide long-term financial products and service availability for, and provide investments in, low- and moderate-income and minority communities;
b. respond to the unprecedented loss of Black-owned businesses and unemployment; and
c. otherwise enhance the stability, safety and soundness of community financial institutions that support low- and moderate-income and minority communities.

Section 3. Considerations

a.. Increasing the availability of affordable credit for consumers, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations, including for projects supporting affordable housing, community-serving real estate, and other projects, that provide direct benefits to low- and moderate-income communities, low-income and underserved individuals, and minorities;
b. Providing funding to minority-owned or minority-led eligible institutions and other eligible institutions that have a strong track record of serving minority small businesses;
c. Increasing the opportunity for small business, affordable housing and community development in geographic areas and demographic segments with poverty and high unemployment rates that exceed the average in Atlasia.
e. Ensuring that all low- and moderate-income community financial institutions may apply to participate in the programs established under this Act and the amendments made by this Act, without discrimination based on geography
f. Providing transparency with respect to use of funds provided under this Act and the amendments made by this Act.

Section 4. Guidelines
a. It is the sense of Congress that the investments made under this Act and the amendments made by this Act should be designed to maximize the benefit to low- and moderate-income and minority communities and contemplate losses to capital of the Treasury.

Section 5. Neighborhood Investment Programs

A. A community neighborhood investment program shall be established.

B. Establishment
a. A Neighborhood Capital Investment Program shall be established to support low- and moderate-income community financial institutions to provide loans and forbearance to borrowers in low- and moderate-income communities, especially for borrowers who are historically disadvantaged, including minorities, and borrowers in rural and urban low-income and underserved communities.

C. Investments
Under the Program, a fund will be created to facilitate direct capital investments, including purchases and modifications of those purchases.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #637 on: September 09, 2020, 01:33:07 PM »

AN ACT

H.R. ____

To establish after-school youth development programs across the nation by strengthening employment preparation skills, career exploration, career development, and workforce opportunities

SEPTEMBER 9, 2020

Section 1. Title
a. The title of this legislation shall be the Youth Preparedness Act of 2020

Section 2. Purpose
The purpose of this Act is to establish or expand activities to—

a. Increase access and opportunities for youth to obtain the education and training that youth need to succeed in the labor market;
b. Support engagement in and the integration of programs and activities offered during out-of-school-time hours through the workforce investment, education, and economic development systems;
c. Improve the quality of the workforce and meet the skill requirements of employers;
d. Engage employers in addressing the training, skill, and employment needs of youth and youth jobseekers, and fostering opportunities for connection and economic mobility; and
e. Include younger youth in the education and workforce investment activities in an age and developmentally appropriate manner.

Section 3. Definitions
As defined in this Act:

a. Community-based organization
i. The term community-based organization means a youth-serving private nonprofit organization (which may include a faith-based organization) that—
ii. is representative of a community or a significant segment of a community;
iii. has demonstrated expertise and effectiveness in workforce development; and
iv. has demonstrated expertise—
v. in the planning and delivery of education, training, and related activities that are included in a career pathway;
vi. in forging coordination and cooperation between educators and other members of the community; and
vii. in development and implementation of data systems that measure the progress of students and outcomes of career pathways.

Section 4. Establishment
a. This act shall hereby establish a Workforce readiness program

The term workforce readiness program means an out-of-school-time program that—

i. Meets the requirements of section 7;
ii. is offered by a community-based organization of an eligible entity or a related covered partnership; and
iii. is intended to help prepare eligible youth for the workforce.

Section 5. Grant program establishment

a. Grants
Using the amounts made available under section 9, the Secretary shall award grants, on a competitive basis, to eligible entities.

b. General use of funds
Grants shall be awarded on a competitive basis, to assist eligible entities in planning, developing, and implementing nationwide, comprehensive workforce readiness programs, that are—

i. in out-of-school-time programs;
ii. carried out by community-based organizations of the eligible entity or related covered partnerships; and
iii. for eligible youth.
iv. Periods of grants
Grants will be awarded for periods of not less than 3 years and not more than 5 years.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #638 on: September 09, 2020, 03:49:07 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2020, 09:20:54 PM by Rep Jessica »

Act
                                             Amending the Wealth Tax Act

Section I. Title

i. The long title of this Act shall be the "Amending the Wealth Tax Act"
Section 2; Substance

1. Households of a net worth greater than 50 million $1 billion shall have a 1% annual tax imposed on their net worth.

2. A 2% annual surcharge shall be imposed on net worth greater than $12 billion.

3. A 2.5% annual surcharge shall be imposed on net worth greater than $5 billion.

4. A 13% annual surcharge shall be imposed on net worth greater than $10 billion

5. All household assets shall be included in the calculation of household net worth, regardless of whether those assets are held in Atlasia.

a) Household assets shall include-residences, closely held businesses, assets held in trust, retirement assets, assets held by minors, and personal property with a value of $50,000 or more.

b) 'Closely held business' shall be defined as any sole proprietorship or partnership that any individual in a household legally owns or co-owns.

b) Individuals shall be allowed a closely held business exemption of $10 million from the taxes levied in this act.

6. Illiquid assets shall be defined as-penny stocks or similar stocks, ownership in private firms, fine art, antiques, or any tangible good, partnership shares in hedge funds, alternative investments, long term options, futures, and forward contracts and long term bonds and other debt instruments.

a) 'Long term' shall be defined as a period greater than one fiscal year.

b) Households shall be allowed a total illiliquid asset exemption of $30 million from the taxes levied in this act.

7. Funded by the tax changes in this legislation, the IRS's enforcement budget shall be doubled.

8. Any Atlasian citizen with a net worth of greater than $50100 million shall pay a 40% 20% tax on their net worth if they renounce their citizenship.

9. Any Atlasian citizen with a net worth of greater than $1 billion shall pay a 30% tax on their net worth if they renounce their citizenship.

10. Any Atlasian citizen with a net worth of greater than $5 billion shall pay a 45% tax on their net worth if they renounce their citizenship.

11. Nothing in this legislation shall be construed to increase the tax burden on any Atlasian households with a net worth of less than $50 million.
Section 3; Implementation

1. All changes in this legislation shall take effect in FY 2020 1.

https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Wealth_Tax_Act

Why? Because a lot of these super rich individuals got this way by screwing over this country by Outsourcing and hiring illegals.  This bill will also helps out smaller businesses and the little guy a little more.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #639 on: September 12, 2020, 09:20:53 AM »

Posting this in here because this passed the Senate but I don't think the House has debated it yet despite being enough slots available to do so?

Quote from: Final Senate Text
SENATE BILL
To reform the immigration system into Atlasia

Be it enacted in both Houses of Congress Assembled,

Section 1: Name
1. This bill may be referred to as the "Immigration Reform Act of 2020"

Section 2: Categories of legal immigration to Atlasia
1. The following categories of legal permanent immigration to the Republic of Atlasia are hereby established:
a) Family Reunification
b) Job based immigration
c) Other immigration
2. This act shall not alter the composition or requirements for non-immigrant visas or for visas intended for temporary workers or students

Section 3: Family Reunification immigration
1. Family reunification visas may only be issued to the unmarried children, parents above the age of 65, unmarried siblings or to the spouse of an Atlasian citizen or permanent resident who has been living in the Republic of Atlasia for no less than 5 years.
2. During the application process for family reunification, priority shall be given to the foreign relatives of Atlasian citizens that have had no criminal records in the Republic of Atlasia for the past 10 years

Section 4: Job immigration
1a. Job immigration into the Republic of Atlasia shall be based on a points based system. All applicants who score 67 or more points shall be awarded a job immigration visa.
1b. Immigrants receiving a job visa may be able to bring with them to Atlasia as permanent residents their spouse as well as any children below 18 years of age.
1c. Job immigration visas may be revoked in the event of a failure to meet any continuing requirements as described in this Section for longer than 6 months consecutively.

2a. Up to 24 points may be awarded for proficiency in the English language; 6 each for Reading comprehension, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
2b. Immigrants scoring below an IELTS level of 5.5 (or equivalent) many not apply for a job immigration visa.
2c. Points shall be awarded for scoring 5.5 or above in each of the 4 categories described in section 3a; with 2 points for scoring between 5.5 and 5.99; 4 points for scoring between 6 and 6.99, 5 points for scoring between 7 and 7.99 and 6 points for scoring 8 or more points.

3. Up to 25 points may be awarded for education proficiency, according to the following equivalency list:
a) High School diploma: 5 points
b) 2 year apprenticeship after high school: 10 points
c) 3 year college degree after high school: 15 points
d) 4 year Bachelor's degree: 20 points
e) Double Bachelor: 22 points
f) Master's degree: 25 points
g) PHD: 28 points

4a. Up to 15 points may be awarded for prior job experience on an skilled job:
a) Less than 1 year of job experience: 0 points
b) Between 1 and 2 years of job experience: 9 points
c) Between 2 and 3 years of job experience: 11 points
d) Between 3 and 6 years of job experience: 13 points
e) 6 or more years of job experience: 15 points
4b. Skilled job shall be defined as a management job; a professional job that usually calls for a college degree (for example doctors or architects) or a technical job that usually calls for a college diploma or apprenticeship (for example plumbers or electricians)
4c. Part time jobs, defined as jobs comprising less than 30 hours per week of work; shall count as half for the purposes of counting the years from sections 4a.(a-e).
4d. a) Medical doctors who intend to work in an area, as determined by the Atlasian Census Bureau, to be rural or impoverished, shall be awarded an additional 7 points.
b) Any person who is awarded a job visa because of meeting the requirement in 5d. a) shall have 90 days to gain employment, or to regain employment after a job loss, in such area, or the job visa shall be revoked.

5a. Up to 12 points may be awarded for an applicant's age. Applicants between the ages of 18 and 35 shall be awarded the full 12 points. For each year after that, the number of points awarded shall be reduced by 1 per year, until reaching 0 at age 47.
5b. No persons under the age of 18 may apply for a job immigration visa to the Republic of Atlasia

6. Up to 25 extra points shall be awarded to any workers who attempt to immigrate to the Republic of Atlasia with a job offer for a job that is full time and skilled. These immigrants shall receive the full 25 points, everyone else shall receive 0 points

7. Up to 15 points may be awarded for extra requirements:
-The applicant having completed high school or a college degree in Atlasia shall award 5 points in this section
-Having any sort of legal job experience in Atlasia for at least one year shall award 10 points in this section
-10 points shall be awarded for having a relative living legally in the Republic of Atlasia. Relative shall be defined as the applicant's sibling, parent, grandparent, child or grandchild.

8. If the number of applicants surpasses the maximum amount of people who may apply for an immigrant visa, priority shall be given to the highest scoring applicants. In the case of a score tie; the applicants with job offers shall be admitted first.

Section 5. Other immigration
1. The following extra categories of permanent immigration to the Republic of Atlasia are hereby retained, with their current requirements:
a) Outstandingly skilled people, as currently immigrating through the EB1 visa program
b) Certain special categories of immigrants, as currently immigrating through the EB4 visa program
c) Investors, as currently immigrating through the EB5 visa program
2. A new immigration visa shall be created, targeted at retirees who desire to move to the Republic of Atlasia. People immigrating through this visa shall prove that they are financially independent, able to afford their retirement in Atlasia and may not be allowed to take any job offers in Atlasia. The details of this visa shall be devised by the department in charge of internal policy in Atlasia.

Section 6: Miscellaneous repeals
1. The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program is hereby repealed.

Section 7: Numbers of visas
1. Family reunification visas shall be capped at no more than 300 000 per year.
2. The total number of immigrant visas issued per year by the Atlasian government may not be more than 1/500th of the Atlasian population, as established in the last decennial census  available. This section shall refer to the census of NPCs made by the Atlasian Census bureau; and not to the census of active players in Atlasia done by the Registrar General.
3. At the discretion of the department responsible for internal policy, the total number of visas available may be reduced by 10% for every year the unemployment rate stays above 5%. Any reduction in the total number of visas shall be accompanied by a proportional reduction in the number of family reunification visas.
4. If the unemployment rate has stayed below 5% for at least 3 consecutive years, and wage growth has matched or surpassed the rate of inflation for the past 4 years; the Atlasian department for internal policy may increase the numbers in sections 7.1 and 7.2 by up to 30%, after a recommendation from the Immigration Analysis board
5. An Immigration Analysis board shall be established. This board shall have representatives from labor unions and small business associations and be in charge of making recommendations to the Atlasian department responsible for internal policy and to the Atlasian Congress with regards to the number of immigrants that should be allowed into Atlasia, as well as the requirements for said immigrants to fulfill.

Section 8: Enactment
1. This bill shall become enacted 90 days after the passage of this Act

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #640 on: September 12, 2020, 02:15:19 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2020, 02:40:37 PM by Rep Jessica »

Posting this in here because this passed the Senate but I don't think the House has debated it yet despite being enough slots available to do so?

Quote from: Final Senate Text
SENATE BILL
To reform the immigration system into Atlasia

1. The following categories of legal permanent immigration to the Republic of Atlasia are hereby established:
a) Family Reunification
b) Job based immigration
c) Other immigration
2. This act shall not alter the composition or requirements for non-immigrant visas or for visas intended for temporary workers or students

1. Family reunification visas may only be issued to the unmarried children, parents above the age of 65, unmarried siblings or to the spouse of an Atlasian citizen or permanent resident who has been living in the Republic of Atlasia for no less than 5 years.
2. During the application process for family reunification, priority shall be given to the foreign relatives of Atlasian citizens that have had no criminal records in the Republic of Atlasia for the past 10 years

1a. Job immigration into the Republic of Atlasia shall be based on a points based system. All applicants who score 67 or more points shall be awarded a job immigration visa.
1b. Immigrants receiving a job visa may be able to bring with them to Atlasia as permanent residents their spouse as well as any children below 18 years of age.
1c. Job immigration visas may be revoked in the event of a failure to meet any continuing requirements as described in this Section for longer than 6 months consecutively.

2a. Up to 24 points may be awarded for proficiency in the English language; 6 each for Reading comprehension, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
2b. Immigrants scoring below an IELTS level of 5.5 (or equivalent) many not apply for a job immigration visa.
2c. Points shall be awarded for scoring 5.5 or above in each of the 4 categories described in section 3a; with 2 points for scoring between 5.5 and 5.99; 4 points for scoring between 6 and 6.99, 5 points for scoring between 7 and 7.99 and 6 points for scoring 8 or more points.

3. Up to 25 points may be awarded for education proficiency, according to the following equivalency list:

4b. Skilled job shall be defined as a management job; a professional job that usually calls for a college degree (for example doctors or architects) or a technical job that usually calls for a college diploma or apprenticeship (for example plumbers or electricians)
4c. Part time jobs, defined as jobs comprising less than 30 hours per week of work; shall count as half for the purposes of counting the years from sections 4a.(a-e).
4d. a) Medical doctors who intend to work in an area, as determined by the Atlasian Census Bureau, to be rural or impoverished, shall be awarded an additional 7 points.
b) Any person who is awarded a job visa because of meeting the requirement in 5d. a) shall have 90 days to gain employment, or to regain employment after a job loss, in such area, or the job visa shall be revoked.

5a. Up to 12 points may be awarded for an applicant's age. Applicants between the ages of 18 and 35 shall be awarded the full 12 points. For each year after that, the number of points awarded shall be reduced by 1 per year, until reaching 0 at age 47.
5b. No persons under the age of 18 may apply for a job immigration visa to the Republic of Atlasia

6. Up to 25 extra points shall be awarded to any workers who attempt to immigrate to the Republic of Atlasia with a job offer for a job that is full time and skilled. These immigrants shall receive the full 25 points, everyone else shall receive 0 points

-The applicant having completed high school or a college degree in Atlasia shall award 5 points in this section
-Having any sort of legal job experience in Atlasia for at least one year shall award 10 points in this section
-10 points shall be awarded for having a relative living legally in the Republic of Atlasia. Relative shall be defined as the applicant's sibling, parent, grandparent, child or grandchild.

8. If the number of applicants surpasses the maximum amount of people who may apply for an immigrant visa, priority shall be given to the highest scoring applicants. In the case of a score tie; the applicants with job offers shall be admitted first.

1. The following extra categories of permanent immigration to the Republic of Atlasia are hereby retained, with their current requirements:
a) Outstandingly skilled people, as currently immigrating through the EB1 visa program
b) Certain special categories of immigrants, as currently immigrating through the EB4 visa program
2. A new immigration visa shall be created, targeted at retirees who desire to move to the Republic of Atlasia. People immigrating through this visa shall prove that they are financially independent, able to afford their retirement in Atlasia and may not be allowed to take any job offers in Atlasia. The details of this visa shall be devised by the department in charge of internal policy in Atlasia.

1. Family reunification visas shall be capped at no more than 300 000 per year.
2. The total number of immigrant visas issued per year by the Atlasian government may not be more than 1/500th of the Atlasian population, as established in the last decennial census  available. This section shall refer to the census of NPCs made by the Atlasian Census bureau; and not to the census of active players in Atlasia done by the Registrar General.
3. At the discretion of the department responsible for internal policy, the total number of visas available may be reduced by 10% for every year the unemployment rate stays above 5%. Any reduction in the total number of visas shall be accompanied by a proportional reduction in the number of family reunification visas.
4. If the unemployment rate has stayed below 5% for at least 3 consecutive years, and wage growth has matched or surpassed the rate of inflation for the past 4 years; the Atlasian department for internal policy may increase the numbers in sections 7.1 and 7.2 by up to 30%, after a recommendation from the Immigration Analysis board
5. An Immigration Analysis board shall be established. This board shall have representatives from labor unions and small business associations and be in charge of making recommendations to the Atlasian department responsible for internal policy and to the Atlasian Congress with regards to the number of immigrants that should be allowed into Atlasia, as well as the requirements for said immigrants to fulfill.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 4-0-1 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

I mostly like the bill and wish to sponsor. It is kind of what I had in mind, but a little on the high side in number of visa and Reunifications. Will need some work!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #641 on: September 12, 2020, 04:59:40 PM »

26th CONGRESS
1st Session

H.R. ____

To amend the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to provide for an extension of lease protections for servicemembers under stop movement orders in response to a local, national, or global emergency.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
September 12, 2020

Ms. Jackson (for herself) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs

A BILL

To amend the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to provide for an extension of lease protections for servicemembers under stop movement orders in response to a local, national, or global emergency.

SECTION 1. EXTENSION OF LEASE PROTECTIONS FOR SERVICEMEMBERS UNDER STOP MOVEMENT ORDERS IN RESPONSE TO LOCAL, NATIONAL, OR GLOBAL EMERGENCY.

(a) Termination.—Subsection (a)(1) of section 305 of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (50 U.S.C. 3955) is amended—

(1) in subparagraph (A), by striking “; or” and inserting a semicolon;

(2) in subparagraph (B), by striking the period at the end and inserting “; or”; and

(3) by adding at the end the following new subparagraph:

“(C) the date of the lessee's stop movement order described in paragraph (1)(C) or (2)(C) of subsection (b), as the case may be.”.

(b) Covered Leases.—

(1) LEASES OF PREMISES.—Paragraph (1) of subsection (b) of such section is amended—

(A) in subparagraph (A), by striking “; or” and inserting a semicolon;

(B) in subparagraph (B), by striking the period at the end and inserting “; or”; and

(C) by adding at the end the following new subparagraph:

“(C) the servicemember, while in military service—

“(i) executes a lease upon receipt of military orders for a permanent change of station or to deploy with a military unit, or as an individual in support of a military operation, for a period of not less than 90 days; and

“(ii) thereafter receives a stop movement order issued by the Secretary of Defense in response to a local, national, or global emergency, effective for an indefinite period or for a period of not less than 30 days, which prevents the servicemember or servicemember's dependents from occupying the lease for a residential, professional, business, agricultural, or similar purpose.”.

(2) LEASES OF MOTOR VEHICLES.—Paragraph (2) of such subsection is amended—

(A) in subparagraph (A), by striking “; or” and inserting a semicolon;

(B) in subparagraph (B)(ii), by striking the period at the end and inserting “; or”; and

(C) by adding at the end the following new subparagraph:

“(C) the servicemember, while in military service—

“(i) executes a lease upon receipt of military orders described in subparagraph (B); and

“(ii) thereafter receives a stop movement order issued by the Secretary of Defense in response to a local, national, or global emergency, effective for an indefinite period or for a period of not less than 30 days, which prevents the servicemember, or the servicemember's dependents, from using the vehicle for personal or business transportation.”.

SECTION 2. EFFECTIVE DATE OF TERMINATION.

(a) Effective Date Of Termination.—Paragraph (1) of subsection (d) of such section is amended to read as follows:

“(1) LEASE OF PREMISES.—

“(A) ENTRANCE TO MILITARY SERVICE, PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION, OR DEPLOYMENT.—In the case of a lease described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of subsection (b)(1) that provides for monthly payment of rent, termination of the lease under subsection (a) is effective 30 days after the first date on which the next rental payment is due and payable after the date on which the notice under subsection (c) is delivered. In the case of any other lease described in subparagraphs (A) and (B) of subsection (b)(1) termination of the lease under subsection (a) is effective on the last day of the month following the month in which the notice is delivered.

“(B) STOP MOVEMENT ORDERS.—In the case of a lease described in subsection (b)(1)(C), termination of the lease under subsection (a) is effective on the date on which the requirements of subsection (c) are met for such termination.”.

(b) Technical Correction.—Subsection (i) is amended, in the matter before paragraph (1), by inserting “In this section:” after “Definitions.—”.

(c) Retroactive Application.—The amendments made by this section shall apply to stop movement orders issued on or after March 1, 2020.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #642 on: September 13, 2020, 12:25:50 AM »

I noted some time back that this is the only outstanding Senate bill of the past few sessions that hasn't yet passed the House, though that was before I made the noticeboard. Thanks for adding it to the queue.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #643 on: September 13, 2020, 08:38:38 PM »

AN ACT
To ensure Democracy is not deterred by wildfires
Section I: Title Definitions
i. The long form name of this bill shall be the “Democracy Never Burns Act”
ii. Under this legislation, shelter shall be described as housing that a state government has directed its citizens to evacuate to and which is more than a mile away from the area they are leaving.
Section II: Provisions
i. States evacuating residents from their homes and placing them in shelters as a result of the September 2020 wildfires must allow citizens living in the shelters to vote in their local elections via polling stations in the shelters
ii. If the states are unable to do so, they must postpone the elections until these shelters are completely empty
Section III: Enforcement
i. 1.5 million dollars will be set aside as the federal government will deploy poll workers and electronic voting booths to states deciding to hold elections in the shelters.
ii. These poll workers will install the voting booths and oversee the elections to prevent fraud.
iii. Failure to delay the elections or to provide voting options to citizens in shelters shall result in 50% of federal funding being withheld from programs not relating to COVID-19 or the September wildfires.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #644 on: September 13, 2020, 10:20:40 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2020, 12:38:01 AM by Rep Jessica »

An Act
                                    Pedophilia and human traffickers are evil act

Section I. Title
i. The long title of this Act shall be the, 'Pedophilia and human traffickers are evil act"

Section 2;  Definitions
I. Pedophilia is the act of an adult taking part in sexual activity with a minor
Ia. minor is someone under the age of 18.
Ib. Adult is someone over 18.
II. Human trafficking is the act of modern day slavery against children and adults to be sold to another indivual for fiscal interest or sexual favor.
Section 3: Substance
I. Anyone over the age of 18 years of age that's discovered to have had sexual activity with anyone under the age of 16 years of age.
Ia. Anyone over 22 committing sexual acts against anyone under 18 years of age.
Ia. This felony charge covering I and Ia. shall carry 12 years in federal prison.
Ib. If the minor is below the age of 13, the indivual over 18 years of age shall receive 50 years in federal prison.
II. All individuals committing modern day slavery as in the act of human trafficking shall face the death penalty.
IIa. All individuals found guilty shall be executed by the Atlasia federal prison system within one year of the charge.  
IIb. One appeal of the charges shall be allowed within this period.
III. All money within the bank accounts and property shall be handed over to the victims of modern day slavery.

Section IV: The promotion of pedophilia is disgusting.
i. All content that promotes children under the age of 16 within a sexually expressive way shall be considered a crime within the borders of Atlasia.
ia Any company promoting the sexuality of young girls or boys shall be fined $50,000 increasing 50,000 dollars with each charge.
ib. First charge $50,000, second charge $100,000, third charge $150,000, etc.
ii. Netflix shall be fined fifty million dollars for shows like cuties and big mouth that promotes pedophilia against our young girls. This congress must demand that this stops and condemns it.
iii. The fcc shall be granted the power to fine all streaming and tv networks for being illegal activity.    
iia. Netflix will be given 30 days to remove all such content or face being shutdown by the government of Atlasia and charged with pedophilia.
iii. All schools and class activities promoting sexual activity or behavior shall be grounds for the removal of federal funds.
iiia. this includes books and texts.
iiib. The sectary of education shall have the power to block grants for schools and colleges.
Section 5: Grant and aid ban for all states and regions
i. A federal ban on all states and regions that pass laws promoting pedophila
ia. programs effecting children
ib. all laws lessening the punishments seeking leniency towards sentences of prison or  towards acceptance for this disgusting act.  

This Act shall take effect immediately upon its passage.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #645 on: September 14, 2020, 12:05:00 AM »

FINALIZING FREAK POWER AMENDMENT

HOUSE BILL

SECTION 1.

1. This Act may be cited as the "Finalizing Freak Power Amendment”.

SECTION 2.

Article I, Section 7, of the Fourth Constitution, is amended to read as follows:

A well-regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free people, the right of the people to keep and bear arms and low-potency explosives shall not be infringed.

Amendment Explanation
Adds the bearing of low-potency explosives as a right.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #646 on: October 02, 2020, 08:36:49 AM »

AN ACT

BE IT ENACTED

To lower prescription drug prices for our citizens especially our elderly population.

OCTOBER 2, 2020

SECTION 1. Title and Definitions

a) The title of this act shall be the Lowering Prescription Drug Costs Act

b) An enrollee's defined cost sharing for each prescription drug shall be calculated at the point of sale based on a price that is reduced by an amount equal to at least 90 percent of all rebates received, or to be received, in connection with the dispensing or administration of the drug.

(b) To comply with this section, a health care service plan or its agents shall not publish or otherwise reveal information regarding the actual amount of rebates the health care service plan receives on a product-specific, manufacturer-specific, or pharmacy-specific basis. That information is protected as a trade secret and shall not be disclosed directly or indirectly. A health care service plan shall impose the confidentiality protections of this section on a vendor or downstream third party that performs health care or administrative services on behalf of the health care service plan and that may receive or have access to rebate information.

Section 2. Provisions

For purposes of this section:

a) "Defined cost sharing" means a deductible payment or coinsurance amount imposed on an enrollee for a covered prescription drug under the enrollee's health care service plan contract.

b) "Health care service plan" shall be defined as a service provided by a health care provider.

c) "Price protection rebate" means a negotiated price concession that accrues directly or indirectly to a health care service plan, or other party on behalf of the health care service plan, in the event of an increase in the wholesale acquisition cost of a drug above a specified threshold.

d) "Rebate" means both of the following:

i. Negotiated price concessions, including base price concessions, whether or not described as a "rebate," and reasonable estimates of price protection rebates and performance-based price concessions from a manufacturer, dispensing pharmacy, or other party in connection with the dispensing or administration of a prescription drug that may accrue directly or indirectly to the health care service plan during the coverage year.

ii. Reasonable estimates of negotiated price concessions, fees, and other administrative costs that are passed through, or are reasonably anticipated to be passed through, to the health care service plan and serve to reduce the health care service plan's liabilities for a prescription drug.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #647 on: October 02, 2020, 08:48:45 AM »

AN ACT

BE IT ENACTED

To provide an additional safeguard in protecting our workers from injury during this unprecedented time.

OCTOBER 2, 2020

SECTION 1. Title and Background

a) The title of this act shall be the Safeguarding our Essential Workers Act

Section 2. Eligibility

a) In the case of an employee, who is in an occupation deemed essential, as an essential critical infrastructure worker and the term "injury," as used in this section, includes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) that develops or manifests itself during a period of the person's employment in the essential occupation or industry.

b. This section does not apply to any of the following persons:

i. Active firefighting members, whether volunteers, partly paid, or fully paid, of all of the following fire departments:

ii. A county forestry or firefighting department or unit.

iii. Peace officers, as defined in Section 830 of the Penal Code.

iv. Health care employees who provide direct patient care in an acute care hospital, as defined in subdivision (a) or (b) of Section 1250 of the Health and Safety Code.

v. The compensation awarded for an injury described in subdivision (a) shall include full hospital, surgical, medical treatment, disability indemnity, and death benefits, as provided by this division.

vi. The injury described in subdivision a) should be so developing or manifesting itself shall be conclusively presumed to arise out of and in the course of employment.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #648 on: October 18, 2020, 02:29:16 PM »

It came to our attention out that Congress was supposed to vote to extend the stimulus about a month ago, and instead it expired at the beginning of the month. I deeply apologise for forgetting this, though I am a bit disappointed in the congressional leadership too. Anyway, we are proposing to retroactively extend the stimulus (this goes in the administration slot), to provide people the support they need at this time-
Section 1. Title
1. This legislation may be cited as the Second Emergency Economic Stimulus Act of 2020.
Section 2. Extension of Expiring Stimulus Measures
1. The universal income established under Section 2 of the Emergency Economic Stimulus Act of 2020 shall be extended from October 1, 2020 until April 1, 2021 persuant to subsection 4.
2. From April 1, 2021, the universal income shall decrease by 25% on the first day of each month until it is eliminated.
3. A congressional vote shall begin 14 days before April 1, 2021 in both houses of Congress for Congress to decide whether or not to extend the universal income.
a) The vote shall be a simple 'Aye' or 'Nay' on the extension. If Aye receives a majority in both houses of Congress then Congress shall be able to decide on the length of the extension. The default shall be for the universal income to continue in full until July 1, 2021, in the event of an Aye vote-unless Congress legislates for an alternative end date.
4. Section 5 of the _ shall be ammended as follows:
1a. Citizens, permanent residents and households in the Republic of Atlasia who do not have a source of income above the federal minimum wage between April 1, 2020 and October 1, 2020 April 1, 2021; may not be evicted from their house, nor their supply of water, electricity or internet cut off; for not paying the appropiate bills.
1b. Between October 2nd, 2020 and January 31st, 2021 April 2, 2021 and July 31, 2021; utilities may be cut for not paying their appropiate bills, but no tenants shall be evicted from their house for not paying the appropiate mortgage or rent bills.
1c. After January 31st, 2021 July 31, 2021; companies and tenants may rise the appropiate bills by no more than 10% in order to recover the unpaid dues.
2. The earning of unemployment benefits between April 1st, 2020 and October 1st, 2020 April 1st, 2021 shall not affect in any way the collection of future unemployment benefits.
3. The payments discussed in Sections 2.1 and 2.2 shall not be counted towards the federal minimum wage accounting discussed in Section 4.1
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #649 on: November 08, 2020, 12:10:09 AM »

An act
                                            Immigration Reform Act of 2020

a) Family Reunification
b) Job based immigration
c) Other immigration

1. Family reunification visas may only be issued to the unmarried children, parents above the age of 65, unmarried siblings or to the spouse of an Atlasian citizen or permanent resident who has been living in the Republic of Atlasia for no less than 10 years.
2. During the application process for family reunification, priority shall be given to the foreign relatives of Atlasian citizens that have had no criminal records in the Republic of Atlasia for the past 12 years

1. Family reunification visas shall be capped at no more than 75,000 per year.
2. The total number of immigrant visas issued per year by the Atlasian government may not be more than 1/1000th of the Atlasian population, as established in the last decennial census  available. This section shall refer to the census of NPCs made by the Atlasian Census bureau; and not to the census of active players in Atlasia done by the Registrar General.
4. If the unemployment rate has stayed below 5% for at least 3 consecutive years, and wage growth has matched or surpassed the rate of inflation for the past 4 years; the Atlasian department for internal policy may increase the numbers in sections 7.1 and 7.2 by up to 10%, after a recommendation from the Immigration Analysis board

Section 8: Money for border enforcement
1. Border enforcement shall be granted an added two hundred fifty million dollars starting in 2021 through 2030.
2. This money shall be used to hire an estimated 2,500 more agents and to provide training.
3. Another hundred million dollars for drones and other tools to enhance border security.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies