House Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:33:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  House Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 106155 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: June 22, 2019, 06:24:14 PM »
« edited: June 23, 2019, 01:54:31 AM by MB »

HOUSE VACANCIES AMENDMENT

HOUSE BILL

SECTION 1.

1. This Act may be cited as the "House Vacancies Amendment”.

SECTION 2.

Article III, Section 3, Clause 7, of the Fourth Constitution, is amended to read as follows:

Vacancies in the House of Representatives shall be filled by the member of the effected Party who received the highest number of first preferences that was not elected in the preceding election. Should they fail to swear in within seven days of the vacancy, or be they ineligible due to deregistration, or should all of the candidates of the effected Party have been elected in the preceding election, the seat shall be filled by an appointment by the executive of the effected Party. Should a vacancy occur as the result of the death, expulsion, or resignation of a Representative not being a member of a major Party, then a special election shall be held to choose a replacement to serve the remainder of the existing term.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #451 on: June 23, 2019, 02:46:20 PM »

FINALIZING FREAK POWER AMENDMENT

HOUSE BILL

SECTION 1.

1. This Act may be cited as the "Finalizing Freak Power Amendment”.

SECTION 2.

Article I, Section 7, of the Fourth Constitution, is amended to read as follows:

A well-regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free people, the right of the people to keep and bear arms and low-potency explosives shall not be infringed.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #452 on: June 23, 2019, 05:07:46 PM »

Protecting our Neglected Species Act

HOUSE BILL

Be it enacted by both houses of Congress assembled:

SECTION 1.

1. This Act may be cited as the “Protecting our Neglected Species Act”.

SECTION 2.

1. The North American Great Ape, (Homo sasquatchis), also known as bigfoot, is hereby added to the Endangered Species List. 50 C.F.R. 17.11 shall be amended accordingly.
2. The Great American Skunk Ape, (Homo swampii) is hereby added to the Endangered Species List. 50 C.F.R. 17.11 shall be amended accordingly.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #453 on: June 24, 2019, 12:03:25 AM »

I am filing this bill.

G.I. JOE ACT

SECTION I: NAME
a. This law shall be known as the G.I. Joe Act

SECTION II: WEAPONS PROGRAMS ELIMINATIONS
a. The following military weapons programs shall be eliminated:
   1. Eliminate B61 Nuclear Bomb Life Extension Program;
   2. Eliminate B83 Nuclear program excepting 100 for use against asteroids;
   3. Eliminate C-130 Avionics Modernization Program;
   4. Eliminate C-17 Transport Aircraft Program;
   5. Eliminate C-27 Joint Cargo Aircraft Program;
   6. Eliminate EA-18G Growler Program;
   7. Eliminate EP-X Aircraft Program;
   8. Eliminate Far-Term Sea-Based Terminal Defense Program ;
   9. Eliminate Global Hawk Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Program;
   10. Eliminate Joint Strike Fighter Program;
   11. Eliminate JLENS blimp Program;
   12. Eliminate Littoral Combat Ship Program;
   13. Eliminate MEADS Program;
   14. Eliminate SM-3 II-B Missile Defense System Program;
   15. Eliminate TALOS Project;
   16. Eliminate Third Generation Infrared Surveillance Program;
   17. Eliminate Trident II Missile Program;
   18. Eliminate V-22 Osprey Program (Continue to use MH-60, H-92, CH-53)
b. The following military weapons shall be retired from service:
   1. HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopter
   2. U-2 Spy Plane
   3. EP-3 Aires Aircraft
   4. Bell TH-67 Jet Ranger Helicopter
   5. Bell OH-58 Kiowa Helicopter
   6. A-10 Thunderbolt Attack Aircraft
   7. B-2 Spirit Bomber
   8. B-52 Stratofortress Bomber
c. A moratorium is hereby imposed on the purchase of the following until 2023:
   1. M-1 Abrams battle tanks
   2. San Antonio Class Amphibious Assault Ships
   3. Air Force Long Range Bomber research
d. Purchases of Operational Support Aircraft shall be reduced by 25%;
e. The naval fleet of small surface combat ships shall be reduced from 42 to 30. The ships to be retired shall be sold to foreign allies.
f. Funding for the Cruiser Modification Program shall be reduced by 30%

SECTION III: OTHER SAVINGS
a. No federal funding allocated for the Department of State shall be expended on counter-narcotics operations.
b. The National Guard shall be prohibited from enforcing drug laws on Atlasian soil.
c. The National Guard Agricultural Development Team program is hereby eliminated.
d. The High Risk Personnel Program for off-base housing is hereby eliminated.
e. Housing Allowances for off-base commuters is hereby reduced by 10%.
f.  Funding for demonstrations by the Blue Angels Demonstration Squad, the 13th Air Force Air Expeditionary Group, and the 109th National Guard Airlift Wing is hereby reduced by 25%
g. Funding for military musical bands is hereby reduced 50%
h. Funding for the Marine Band Newsletter Notes is hereby eliminated.
i. Military bands shall be permitted to sell recordings of their music

j. Federal payments to private air carriers for transportation of military personnel shall not exceed those levels guaranteed in the contracted for agreement.

SECTION IV: TIME
a. This act shall take effect beginning in FY 2020.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #454 on: June 24, 2019, 12:06:27 AM »

I am filing this bill.

PROMOTION OF FILM STUDIES ACT

a. This law shall be referred to as the Promotion of Film Studies Act

SECTION II: PACKARD CAMPUS REFORMS
a. The Library of Congress’s National Audiovisual Conservation Center and its contents shall be open and available to researchers to the same extent as is permitted at the Library of Congress’s main campus.
b. The National Audiovisual Conservation Center shall be permitted to contract with private partners for the purposes of holding events to promote the Center and its contents.
c. This act shall take effect immediately.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #455 on: June 24, 2019, 12:07:44 AM »

I am filing this bill.

CIVIL RIGHTS COMMEMORATIVE COIN ACT

a. This law shall be known as the Civil Rights Commemorative Coin Act

SECTION II: CIVIL RIGHTS COMMEMORATIVE COIN
a. The mint shall purchase 500,000 troy ounces of silver bullion and commission the minting of 500,000 legal tender, silver, 1 troy oz commemorative one dollar coins, to be sold to the public at $30 per coin.

b Each coin shall include on the obverse, "Atlasia 2020" and “One Dollar” as well as the name and a sculpting to be approved by the President, of Malcolm X.

c. Each coin shall include on the reverse, " Atlasia 2020" and “One Dollar” as well as the name and a sculpting to be approved by the President, of Rosa Parks.

d. All proceeds from the sale of these coins shall be deposited in the General Treasury.

e. This act shall take effect immediately with the expectation that the coin will be available for sale in 2020.
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #456 on: June 24, 2019, 12:09:56 AM »

I am filing this bill.

OBSOLETE PROGRAMS SUNSET ACT

to eliminate dumb programs

Be it enacted by both houses of Congress assembled:

a. This act shall be referred to as the Obsolete Programs Sunset Act

SECTION II: REDUNDANT, OBSOLETE, OR UNNECESSARY PROGRAMS
1. Authorization for the following programs shall expire on January 1, 2020:
   a. The Market Access Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

b. The Conservation Reserve Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

c. The Dairy Forward Pricing Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

d. Forestry Service International Programs, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

e. The Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

f. The ACRE Subsidy Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

g. The Counter-Cycle Subsidy Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

h. The Conservation Stewardship Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

i. The Agricultural Mediation Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture

j. All projects carried out by the Agricultural Transportation Services Division, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Agriculture.

k. The Rails to Trails Abandoned Railway Corridor Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

l. The Safe Routes to Schools Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

m. The Scenic Turnout and Overlook Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

n. The National Historic Covered Bridge Preservation Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

o. National Scenic Byways Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

p. The Essential Air Services Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

q. The Recreational Trails Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

r. Transportation Alternatives Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

s. Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Transportation

t. The FreedomCAR and Fuel Partnership Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Energy

u. The Natural Disaster Resilience Competition, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Homeland Security

v. The Natural Disaster Resilience Grant Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Homeland Security

w. The LWCF State Recreational Grant Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Interior

x. The Nonpoint Source Management Grant Program, currently administered by the Environmental Protection Agency

y. The Brownfields Opportunity Grant Program, currently administered by the Environmental Protection Agency

z. The Minority Business Development Cooperative Grant Program, currently administered by the Subdepartment of Commerce
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix

« Reply #457 on: June 24, 2019, 12:10:31 AM »

I am filing this bill.

SAFE EVACUATIONS ACT

a. This act shall be known as the Safe Evacuations Act

SECTION II: EMERGENCY RULES
1. During a declared state of emergency, federal roads along evacuation routes shall suspend the collection of any tolls typically charged.
2. During any mandatory evacuation in a declared emergency, any registered sex offender who enters a FEMA shelter shall only be required to notify the shelter commander rather than every person in the shelter. The sex offender shall obey the shelter commander’s decisions regarding sleeping assignments, interaction with children, monitoring, and other decisions necessary to protect the safety of all evacuees in the government shelter. Nothing in this act shall be interpreted as prohibiting the shelter commander from disclosing this information to shelter workers or volunteers.
3. The regulation prohibiting owners of NFA-registered firearms from transporting NFA firearms across State lines without the prior written approval of ATF shall not be interpreted to apply to such transportation while in the act of evacuating during a declared emergency or an eviction from an owner's domicile or principal place of business within a State, provided the owner complies with all required locking, storage, and transfer regulations under the NFA. 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(4) and 27 CFR 478.28 shall be amended accordingly.

SECTION III: TIME
a. This act shall take effect immediately.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #458 on: June 24, 2019, 12:15:55 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2019, 01:17:47 AM by Coastal Elitist »

I am filing this/prefiling this/basically don't want this to somehow get lost between the two Congresses because I don't know when we'll get to it.

NO MORE CHEVRON DEFERENCE ACT

a. This act shall be referred to as the No More Chevron Deference Act

SECTION II: JUDICIAL POWER IN AGENCY ACTIONS
a. In a proceeding brought by or against a regulated party in a federal court of proper jurisdiction, the court shall decide all questions of law, including the interpretation of a Constitutional or statutory provision or a rule adopted by an agency, without deference to any previous determination that may have been made on the question by the agency. Notwithstanding any other law, this act applies in any action for judicial review of an agency action that is authorized by law. 5 U.S.C. § 551 et. seq. shall be amended accordingly.

SECTION III: TIMING
a. This act shall take effect immediately but shall not be retroactive to any cases pending in a federal court.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #459 on: June 24, 2019, 12:18:19 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2019, 01:18:00 AM by Coastal Elitist »

I am filing this/prefiling this/basically don't want this to somehow get lost between the two Congresses because I don't know when we'll get to it.

CONGRESSIONAL REVIEW OF REGULATIONS ACT

This Act shall be referred to as the Congressional Review of Regulations Act

SECTION II. CONGRESSIONAL REVIEW
a. Before a rule may take effect, the Federal agency promulgating such rule shall publish in the Federal Register a list of information on which the rule is based, including data, scientific and economic studies, and cost-benefit analyses, and identify how the public can access such information online, and shall submit to each House of the Congress and to the Comptroller General a report containing:
   1. a copy of the rule;
   2. a concise general statement relating to the rule;
   3. a classification of the rule as a major or nonmajor rule, including an explanation of the classification;
   4. a list of any other related regulatory actions intended to implement the same statutory provision or regulatory objective as well as the individual and aggregate economic effects of those actions; and
   5. the proposed effective date of the rule.
b. On the date of the submission of the report under subparagraph a., the Federal agency promulgating the rule shall submit to the Comptroller General and make available to each House of Congress “(i) a complete copy of the cost-benefit analysis of the rule, if any, including an analysis of any jobs added or lost, differentiating between public and private sector jobs to review and certify to Congress;
c. A major rule relating to a report submitted under paragraph a. shall take effect upon enactment of a joint resolution of approval by both houses of Congress and only then, with the following exceptions:
   1. Rules that concern monetary policy proposed or implemented by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System or the Federal Open Market Committee.
   2. Rules that are necessary because of an imminent threat to health or safety or other emergency;
   3. Rules that are necessary for the enforcement of criminal laws;
   4. Rules that are necessary for national security;
   5. Rules that are issued pursuant to any statute implementing an international trade agreement;
   6. Any rule that establishes, modifies, opens, closes, or conducts a regulatory program for a commercial, recreational, or subsistence activity related to hunting, fishing, or camping; or
d. A nonmajor rule shall take effect as otherwise provided by existing federal law unless upon enactment of a joint resolution of disapproval by both houses of Congress.
e. For purposes of this section, the term ‘joint resolution’ means only a joint resolution addressing a report classifying a rule as major and decided upon a vote of aye or nay on the rule as submitted by the federal agency.

SECTION III: DEFINITIONS
a. For purposes of this law:
   1. The term ‘major rule’ means any rule, including an interim final rule, that the Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs of the Office of Management and Budget finds has resulted in or is likely to result in:
      A. an annual cost on the economy of $100,000,000 or more, adjusted annually for inflation;
      B. a major increase in costs or prices for consumers, individual industries, Federal, State, or local government agencies, or geographic regions; or
      C. significant adverse effects on competition, employment, investment, productivity, innovation, or on the ability of United States-based enterprises to compete with foreign-based enterprises in domestic and export markets.
   2. The term ‘nonmajor rule’ means any rule that is not a major rule.
   3. The term ‘rule’ has the meaning given such term in the Administrative Procedures Act.

a. This act shall take effect ninety (90) days after the date this act is ratified.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #460 on: June 24, 2019, 12:19:35 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2019, 01:18:15 AM by Coastal Elitist »

SUPER DUPER FUND ACT

SECTION I. NAME.

This Act shall be called the Super Duper Fund Act

SECTION II. FEDERAL FACILITIES MUST COMPLY WITH SOME REGIONAL RULES

a. 42 U.S.C. 9620(a) is hereby amended to require that each department, agency, and instrumentality of Atlasia shall be subject to, and comply with, at facilities that are or have been owned or operated by any such department, agency, or instrumentality, Regional or State substantive and procedural requirements regarding response relating to hazardous substances or pollutants or contaminants, including State hazardous waste requirements, in the same manner and to the same extent as any nongovernmental entity.

B, Atlasia hereby expressly waives any immunity otherwise applicable to Atlasia with respect to any Regional or State substantive or procedural requirement referred to in this act, including immunity from injunctive relief, civil penalties, criminal sanctions.

SECTION III. POO

a. 42 U.S.C. 9601 is amended by adding the following new section at the end
thereof:

SECTION 312. EXCEPTION FOR MANURE

a. Upon the date of enactment of this section, manure shall not be included in the meaning of `hazardous substance' under section 101(14) of this Act or `pollutant or contaminant' under section 101(33) of this Act.

b. The enactment of this section shall not be construed to impose any liability or paperwork requirements under provisions of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 for manure.

c. Nothing in this section shall affect the applicability of any other environmental
statute as it relates to the definition of manure, or the responsibilities or liabilities of any person regarding, the treatment, storage, or disposal of manure.

d. 100 Stat. 1655 is amended by adding the following at the end thereof:
The notification requirements under this subsection shall not apply to releases associated with manure (as defined in section 312 of the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act.
e. Definition - For the purposes of this section, the term `manure' mean:
     1. digestive emissions, feces, urine, urea and other excrement from livestock (as defined by 7 C.F.R. 205.2);
     2. any associated bedding, compost, raw materials or other materials commingled with such excrement from livestock (as defined by 7 C.F.R. 205.2);
     3. any process water associated with the items referred to in paragraph (1) or (2); and
     4. any byproducts, constituents, or substances contained in, originating from, or emissions relating to the items described in paragraph (1), (2), or (3).''.

a. Unless otherwise specified herein, this act shall take effect 120 days from the date of passage.

Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #461 on: June 24, 2019, 12:20:34 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2019, 01:18:29 AM by Coastal Elitist »

CREDIT UNIONS ARE GOOD ACT

a. This act shall be known as the Credit Unions Are Good Act

SECTION II: REPEAL OF DUMB REGULATIONS
a. The regulation prohibiting federally regulated credit unions from purchasing mortgage servicing rights as an investment, including but not limited to mortgage servicing rights from other credit unions is hereby eliminated, provided the total assets of mortgage servicing rights held by any federal credit union does not exceed 20% of its total assets. 12 CFR 703.16 shall be amended accordingly.
b. The regulation prohibiting federally regulated credit unions from purchasing and holding their own account investment grade securities is hereby eliminated provided that the total assets of such securities held by a federally regulated credit union does not exceed 10% of its total assets. 12 CFR 703.14 shall be amended accordingly.
c. The regulation requiring certain insured federally-regulated credit unions to annually set aside an earnings retention fund is hereby eliminated. 12 USC 1790d(e) shall be amended accordingly.
d. Any State law governing member business loan limitations for credit unions that conflict with a federal law governing federally-regulated credit unions are hereby preempted.

a. This act shall take effect thirty (30) days after adoption.

Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #462 on: June 24, 2019, 12:22:15 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2019, 01:18:45 AM by Coastal Elitist »

SOUND MONEY ACT

a. This act shall be referred to as the Sound Money Act

SECTION II: FEDERAL RESERVE MANDATES
a. The mandates imposed upon the Federal Reserve, when in conflict shall prioritize the minimization of inflation.  92 Stat. 1887 shall be amended accordingly.

a. This act shall take effect July 4, 2020.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #463 on: June 24, 2019, 12:30:39 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2019, 12:50:50 AM by Elliot County Populist »

SPEEDY TRIAL PROTECTION ACT

a. This act shall be called the Speedy Trial Protection Act

SECTION II: SPEEDY TRIAL
a. Where a federal judge or magistrate has found that there is probable cause to believe that an adult has committed a felony, the accused, if he or she is held continuously in custody thereafter, shall be forever discharged from prosecution for such offense if no trial is commenced within six (6) months from the date such probable cause was found; and if the accused is not held in custody, he or she shall be forever discharged from prosecution therefor if no trial is commenced within nine (9) months from the date such probable cause was found.
b. If there was no preliminary hearing, or if such preliminary hearing was waived by the accused, the commencement of the running of the six (6) and nine (9) months periods, respectively, set forth in this act, shall be from the date an indictment or presentment is found against the accused. If an indictment or presentment is found against the accused but he has not been arrested for the offense charged therein, the six (6) and nine (9) months periods, respectively, shall commence to run from the date of his arrest thereon. The time during the pendency of any appeal in any appellate court shall not be included as applying to the provisions of this section.
c. The provisions of this section shall not apply to such period of time as the failure to try the accused was caused:
   1. By his insanity or by reason of his confinement in a hospital for care and observation;
   2. By the witnesses for the prosecution being enticed or kept away, or prevented from attending by sickness or accident;
   3. By the granting of a separate trial at the request of a person indicted jointly with others for a felony;
   4. By continuance granted on the motion of the accused or his or her counsel, or by concurrence of the accused or his or her counsel in such a motion by the prosecutor, or by the failure of the accused or his or her counsel to make a timely objection to such a motion by the prosecutor, or by reason of his escaping from jail or failing to appear according to his recognizance;
   5. By the inability of the jury to agree in their verdict; or
   6. By a natural disaster, civil disorder, or act of God.

SECTION III: DATE
a. This act shall take effect thirty (30) days from the date of passage and shall not apply retroactively.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #464 on: June 24, 2019, 12:32:17 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2019, 12:51:42 AM by Elliot County Populist »

am filing this/prefiling this/basically don't want this to somehow get lost between the two Congresses because I don't know when we'll get to it.
CRIMINAL PROCEDURE REFORM ACT

a. This act shall be referred to as the Criminal Procedure Reform Act

SECTION II: DEFINITION
a. Violent Crime as used within this act shall be defined to include any of the following:
   1. murder
   2. voluntary manslaughter
   3. aggravated assault
     4. rape or sexual assault
     5. sexual abuse or aggravated sexual abuse
     6. abusive sexual contact
     7. child abuse
     8. kidnapping
     9. human trafficking
     10. robbery
     11. carjacking or hijacking any other vehicle, vessel, or aircraft
     12. burglary
     13. arson
     14. extortion
     15. Threatening a juror, potential juror, witness, or potential witness related to a criminal case
     16. domestic violence
     17. piracy
     18. illegal brandishing of a firearm
     19. coercion
     20. interference with flight crew members and attendants
     21. stalking
     22. hostage taking
     23. communicating threats to kill the President, Vice President, Game Moderator, or any Cabinet member, member of Congress, or judge
     24.terrorism
     25. conspiracy to commit any of the above offenses

SECTION III: CRIMINAL RECORDS
a. Any person convicted in a federal court of any misdemeanor or felony other than a violent crime shall be eligible to have all their criminal records sealed from general public disclosure as well as such previous convictions ineligible to be introduced as character evidence in a federal court upon the tenth anniversary of conviction or one (1) year after the completion of the criminal sentence, whichever occurs later, provided the person has not been convicted on any new felonies. This provision shall not apply to violent crimes or to the possession, manufacture, distribution, or sale of child pornography.
b. Any juvenile convicted in a federal court of any misdemeanor or felony other than a violent crime shall be eligible to have all their criminal convictions expunged upon the seventh anniversary of conviction or one (1) year after the completion of the criminal sentence, whichever occurs later. This provision shall not apply to violent crimes or to the possession, manufacture, distribution, or sale of child pornography
c. Any person who is arrested by federal law enforcement for a crime and is later found not guilty by a federal court, or who is arrested but has the charges dismissed or expunged, shall be eligible upon request to have any mugshot, fingerprint sample, or DNA sample collected during the arrest in the possession of any federal law enforcement agency, officer, employee, or contractor, purged from all law enforcement databases.
d. Any person charged with a federal crime shall be entitled to request pre-trial discovery and exculpatory materials eligible for disclosure under Brady v. Maryland unless the person expressly waives such disclosures in writing.
SECTION IV: TIMING
a. This act shall take effect immediately. No suit shall be justiciable under this act until ninety (90) days after adoption of this act.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #465 on: June 24, 2019, 12:34:54 AM »

ATF OFF ACT

House Bill
to make sensible firearm related amendments

a. This act shall be called the ATF Off Act.

SECTION II: CIVIL PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS BY FFL HOLDERS
a. 18 USC 923 is hereby amended by inserting the following:
e. If the Attorney General determines that a federal firearms licensee under this section has willfully violated any provision of this chapter or any regulation prescribed under this chapter, the Attorney General may:
   1. if the violation is of a minor nature
      A. Impose on the licensee a civil money penalty of not more than $1,000 for each such violation, except that the total amount of penalties imposed on a licensee under this subclause for violations arising from a single inspection or examination shall not exceed $5,000; or
      B. suspend the license for not more than 30 days, and specify the circumstances under which the suspension is to be terminated, if, in the period for which the license is in effect, there have been at least 2 prior occasions on which the licensee has been determined to have violated this chapter; or
   2. if the violation is of a serious nature
      A. Impose on the licensee a civil money penalty of not more than $2,500 for each such violation, except that the total amount of penalties imposed on a licensee under this subclause for a violations arising from a single inspection or examination shall not exceed $15,000;
      B. Suspend the license for not more than 90 days, and specify the circumstances under which the suspension is to be terminated;
      C. Revoke the license;
b. In determining the amount of a civil money penalty to impose herein on a licensee, the nature and severity of the violation involved, the size of the firearms business operated by the licensee, and the prior record of the licensee shall be considered.
c. The total amount of penalties imposed on a licensee with respect to violations of a minor nature and of a serious nature arising from a single inspection or examination shall not exceed $15,000.
d. If 2 or more firearms were transferred during a single transaction that shall be considered a single violation of the provision.
e. On request of the licensee, the Attorney General shall stay the effective date of any penalty, suspension, or revocation until there has been a final, nonreviewable judgment with respect to the determination involved, unless, in the case of a suspension or revocation of a licensee, the Attorney General establishes, at a hearing before an administrative law judge, by clear and convincing evidence, that the continued operation by the licensee of the business poses an immediate and grave threat to public safety.
f. If the Attorney General is made aware that a business licensed under this chapter has transferred to a surviving spouse or child of the licensee, to an executor, administrator, or other legal representative of a deceased licensee; or to a receiver or trustee in bankruptcy, or an assignee for benefit of creditors, and, before the transfer, or on the first inspection or examination by the Attorney General of the records of the licensee after the transfer, the licensee is found to be operating the business in violation of this chapter, the Attorney General:
   1. shall notify the transferee of the violation by the transferor; and
   2. shall not presume that the transferee is committing the violation.

SECTION III: DEFINITIONS
a. A violation of this chapter shall be considered to be of a serious nature if the violation:
   1. results in or could have resulted in the transfer of a firearm or ammunition to a person prohibited from possessing or receiving the firearm or ammunition under this chapter or under Regional, State or local law;
   2. obstructs or could have obstructed a bona fide criminal investigation or prosecution, or an inspection or examination under this chapter
b. A violation of this chapter shall be considered to be of a minor nature if the violation is not of a serious nature.
c. Willfully means, with respect to conduct of a person, that the person knew of a legal duty, and engaged in the conduct knowingly and in intentional disregard of the duty.
d. False entry shall mean materially false entry
e. Appropriate entry shall mean a materially significant entry
f. Properly maintain shall mean retain custody of.

SECTION IV: EQUAL RIGHTS
a. The prohibition on FFL holders selling a handgun to persons under the age of 21 shall be lowered to 19. 18 U.S.C. 922(b) shall be amended accordingly.

SECTION V: TIME
a. This Act shall take effect at the end of the 180-day period that begins with the date of the enactment of this Act.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #466 on: June 24, 2019, 12:39:16 AM »

LET’S SUPPORT OUR FRIENDS ACT

House Bill
to ensure we aren't risking our relationships with our allies
SECTION I. NAME
a. This bill shall be known as the Let’s Support Our Friends Act

SECTION II. DEFINITIONS
a. “Boycott” is hereby defined as refusing to deal with, terminating business activities with, or otherwise taking any action that is intended to penalize, inflict economic harm on, or limit commercial relations with Israel, but does not include an action taken for bona fide business or economic reasons or a boycott that is specifically required by federal or Regional law.

SECTION III. CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS
a. No federal department or agency may enter into a contract with a contractor unless the contract includes a representation by the contractor that the contractor is not currently engaged in, and will not for the duration of the contract engage in, the boycott of a person or an entity based in or doing business with Israel.
b. The government of Atlasia shall reserve the right to terminate any contract where a contractor falsely represented their participation in a boycott of Israel.
c. All future contract bids shall include these regulations in the bid solicitation.

SECTION IV: TIMING
a. This act shall take effect sixty (60) days from the passage of this law.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #467 on: June 24, 2019, 12:44:03 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2019, 01:24:33 AM by Elliot County Populist »

ENDING RICO ACT ABUSE ACT
a. This act shall be known as the Ending RICO Act Abuse Act.

SECTION II: REFORMS
a. The RICO act shall be amended to decrease the statute of limitations for crimes relied upon in establishing an organizational nexus to seven (7) years.  18 USC 1961 et seq. shall be amended accordingly.
b. The RICO act shall be amended to remove trade secrets violations, prostitution, and common law fraud actions from the definition of racketeering. 18 USC 1961 shall be amended accordingly.
c. The RICO act shall be amended to remove enterprises lacking a separate economic existence and enterprises that lack a nexus to organized crime from the definition of enterprises. 18 USC 1961 shall be amended accordingly.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #468 on: June 24, 2019, 12:44:18 AM »

WE DON’T NEED THIS LAND, SO WHY KEEP IT?

House Bill

To direct the Secretary of the Internal Affairs to sell certain Federal lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming, previously identified as suitable for disposal.

Section 1: Title
This Act may be cited as the We Don't Need This Land, So Why Keep It? Act.

Section 2: Sale of Certain Federal Lands Previously Identified as Suitable for Disposal
(a) Competitive Sale of Lands
The Secretary of Internal Affairs (SoIA) shall offer the identified Federal lands for disposal by competitive sale for not less than fair market value as determined by an independent appraiser.

(b) Existing Rights
The sale of identified Federal lands under this section shall be subject to valid existing rights.

(c) Proceeds of Sale of Lands
All net proceeds from the sale of identified Federal lands under this section shall be deposited directly into the Treasury for reduction of the public debt.

(d) Report
Not later than 4 years after the date of the enactment of this Act, the SoIA shall submit —
   1. A list of any identified Federal lands that have not been sold under subsection (b) and the reasons such lands were not sold; and
   2. An update of the report submitted on May 27, 1997, pursuant to section 390(g) of the Federal Agriculture Improvement and Reform Act of 1996 (Public Law 104–127; 110 Stat. 1024), including a current inventory of the Federal lands under the administrative jurisdiction of the SoIA that are suitable for disposal.

(f) Definitions
The term "identified Federal lands" means the parcels of Federal land under the administrative jurisdiction of the SoIA that were identified as suitable for disposal in the report submitted on May 27, 1997, pursuant to section 390(g) of the Federal Agriculture Improvement and Reform Act of 1996 (Public Law 104–127; 110 Stat. 1024), except the following:

A. Lands not identified for disposal in the applicable land use plan.
   B. Lands subject to a Recreation and Public Purpose conveyance application.
   C. Lands identified for Regional selection.
   D. Lands identified for Indian tribe allotments.
   E. Lands identified for local government use.

Section 3: Clarification Regarding Regional Laws
Nothing in this Act shall affect the implementation of Regional laws, including Regional enabling Acts.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #469 on: June 24, 2019, 12:48:37 AM »

NO MORE CROOKED VISITORS ACT

House Bill
to eliminate the EB-5 visa program
a. This act shall be known as the No more crooked visitors act

SECTION II: EB-5 ELIMINATION
a. The special allocation of visas for certain classes of investors, commonly known as the EB-5 Visa program is hereby eliminated, and all visa allocations currently set aside for applicants to that program shall instead be available to applicants for a visa class commonly known as H-1B visa. 8 USC 1153(b)(B)(5) shall be amended accordingly.
b. This act shall take effect January 1, 2020.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #470 on: June 24, 2019, 12:56:08 AM »

CASH FOR OLD JUNK ACT

House Bill
to make smarter choices with our county's money and resources

a. This act shall be known as the Cash for Old Junk Act

SECTION II: REVENUE INCREASES
a. On or before January 1, 2022, the following federal assets shall be auctioned off:
   1. The Bonneville Power Administration and all related property and contracts
   2. The Rural Utility Service and all related property and contracts
   3. The Southeastern Power Administration and all related property and contracts
   4. The Southwestern Power Administration and all related property and contracts
   5. The Tennessee Valley Authority and all related property and contracts
   6. The Western Area Power Administration and all related property and contracts
   7. The 58 hydroelectric dams owned by the Bureau of Reclamation and all related property and contracts
b. It shall be federal policy to strive for a targeted increase in timber production on federal land and in federal waters by 10% in 2020.
c. It shall be federal policy to strive for a targeted increase in mining on federal land and in federal waters by 10% in 2020.
d. It shall be federal policy to strive for a targeted increase in solar energy capture leases on federal land by 10% in 2020.
e. It shall be federal policy to strive for a targeted increase in geothermal energy capture leases on federal land by 10% in 2020.
f. It shall be federal policy to strive for a targeted increase in wind energy production leases on federal land and in federal waters by 10% in 2020.
g. It shall be federal policy to strive for a targeted increase in oil and gas production on federal land and in federal waters by 10% in 2020.

SECTION III. TIMING
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #471 on: June 24, 2019, 01:15:31 AM »

Your Employees Must Be Legal Residents Act

House Bill

To ensure that organizations receiving federal contracts are employing legal Atlasian residents.

Be it enacted in the House of Representatives and the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled,

1.  Any organization seeking or holding federal Atlasian government contracts or accepting federal funding which is found to knowingly employ undocumented immigrants will be ineligible for new contracts for two years following the discovery of these immigrants.

A. The SoIA shall compile an effective and efficient procedure by which companies can verify the status of their employees. The terms of the above shall apply once the procedure is in place and companies have been given a “reasonable” chance to utilize it.

B. Contracts that deal with critical defense or emergency related procurement may be given exemption based on the situation, but must be required to take steps to ensure the legality of their workforce going forward and the Department of Internal Affairs shall certify they have done so.

2.  The bill is not affecting contracts or funding for companies, that employed undocumented immigrants without knowing their legal status. Said companies are required to remove any undocumented employees within a period of two months instead.

3. No provision in this bill shall be construed as to condone or legalize any violations of current laws regarding racial profiling and civil rights. Any and all such violations shall be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of existing law at the time of the violation's occurrence.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #472 on: June 24, 2019, 01:23:18 AM »

Fetal Remains Are Human Remains Act

House Bill

To treat fetal remains with the same dignity as any human that passes.

Be it enacted in the House of Representatives and the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled,

Section 1: Findings

1. Congress recognizes that fetal tissue belongs to a human whose body is separate from the mother's, and should not be treated as medical waste.
2. Congress recognizes that women should have the opportunity to properly mourn for the loss of their child.

Section 2: Proper Handling of Fetal Remains

1. All parts of fetal tissue collected during abortion procedures, miscarriages, or stillbirths in the Republic of Atlasia must be handled in the same manner as human remains.
2. Any process in which these remains are treated as medical waste and disposed of as such is banned.
3. Fetal tissue obtained during an abortion procedure, miscarriage, or stillbirth may only be disposed of in the form of cremation, donation for scientific research, or donation to an educational institution with a written record of the mother's wishes obtained prior to the procedure.
4. The mother may request a blood relative of the child to be granted custody of the remains, however said person must be present and acknowledgement of this must be obtained in writing prior to the procedure.
5. If the mother refuses to take custody of the remains and there is no other person who can legally be given custody of the remains, the woman may sign over the remains to the clinic, or any religious, community, research, or educational organization authorized to store the remains or perform burials. If disposed of, the organization granted legal custody must dispose of the remains either in an approved permanent storage facility or in a burial site with other unclaimed remains.
6. Following the procedure, the remains may not be retained as security for unpaid expenses, particularly where it has been kept without authorization and payment is demanded as a condition precedent to its release.

Section 3: Implementation

1. This bill will take effect 90 days after being signed into law.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #473 on: June 24, 2019, 01:28:29 AM »

MORE FAIRNESS TO WORKERS ACT

To protect Atlasian workers from unfair foreign trade practices

Be it enacted by the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia assembled
SECTION 1: TITLE
1. This law shall be referred to as the More Fairness to Workers Act.

SECTION 2: FINDINGS.
1. A high standard of living for Atlasian workers is important.
2. Atlasian industry cannot reasonably be expected to incur increasing worker costs of compliance with federal mandates while its foreign competitors enjoy a substantial and widening competitive advantage as a result of remaining unfettered by worker protection obligations.
3. The significant and serious competitive advantage enjoyed by our foreign competitors from cost savings derived from the absence of effective worker protection controls results in cheaper foreign imports which capture Atlasian market share and injure Atlasian industries.
4. The failure of a government to impose effective worker protection controls on production and manufacturing facilities within its borders should be recognized for what it is--a significant and unfair subsidy which must be addressed now in order to halt irreversible damage to the Atlasian worker and provide funding for social welfare programs.

SECTION 3: COUNTERVAILING DUTIES.
1. The failure of a foreign country to impose and enforce effective worker protection controls and safeguards on the production or manufacture of any class or kind of merchandise shall constitute an unfair trade practice warranting countervailing duties on the goods of that countries.
2. The amount of the duty imposed shall be derived from the cost which would have to be incurred by the manufacturer or producer of the foreign articles or merchandise to comply with worker protection standards imposed on United States producers of the same class or kind of merchandise.'.
3. All duties collected shall be deposited in the general treasury.

SECTION 4: INTERNATIONAL WORKER PROTECTION INDEX.
1. The Department of Internal Affairs shall annually prepare, a worker protection control index for each of the top fifty countries identified by the Trade Representative based on the value of exports to Atlasia from that country's attainment of a government imposed minimum wage, maximum hours, sick leave, vacation pay, overtime pay, and social security as compared to Atlasia. The purpose of this index is to measure the level of compliance within each country with standards comparable to or greater than those in Atlasia.

SECTION 5: Starting Date.
1. This act shall take effect against all countries 6 months from the date of passage.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #474 on: June 24, 2019, 02:04:21 AM »

Protecting Native Arts and Crafts Act

House Bill
To amend the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972 to protect the cultural practices and livelihoods of producers of Alaska Native handicrafts and fossilized ivory products
Section 1: Title
This Act may be cited as the Protecting Native Arts and Crafts Act

Section 2: Alaska Native Crafts
Section 101(b) of the Marine Mammal Protection Act Of 1972 (16 U.S.C. 1371(b)) is amended to read as follows:
(b)Application to certain Alaska Natives
(1)Definitions
In this subsection:

(A)Authentic native article of handicrafts and clothing
The term authentic native article of handicrafts and clothing means an item composed wholly, or in some significant respect, of natural materials that is produced, decorated, or fashioned in the exercise of traditional native handicrafts without the use of a pantograph, multiple carvers, or any other mass copying device.

(B)Traditional native handicrafts
The term traditional native handicrafts includes weaving, carving, stitching, sewing, lacing, beading, drawing, and painting.

(C)Fossilized ivory
The term fossilized ivory includes a fossilized tooth or tusk from a species of walrus, mammoth, mastodon, narwhal, or whale.

(2)Application
Except as provided in section 109, the provisions of this Act shall not apply with respect to the taking of any marine mammal by any Indian, Aleut, or Eskimo who resides in Alaska and who dwells on the coast of the North Pacific Ocean or the Arctic Ocean if such taking—

(A)
(i)is for subsistence purposes; or
(ii)is done for purposes of creating and selling authentic native articles of handicrafts and clothing; and
(B)in each case, is not accomplished in a wasteful manner.
(3)Limitations
Notwithstanding paragraph (2), if, under this Act, the Secretary of Internal Affairs (SoIA) determines any species or stock of marine mammal subject to taking by Indians, Aleuts, or Eskimos to be depleted, the SoIA may prescribe regulations upon the taking of such marine mammals by any Indian, Aleut, or Eskimo described in this subsection. Such regulations may be established with reference to species or stocks, geographical description of the area included, the season for taking, or any other factors related to the reason for establishing such regulations and consistent with the purposes of this Act. Such regulations shall be prescribed after notice and hearing required by section 103 of this title and shall be removed as soon as the SoIA determines that the need for their imposition has disappeared. In promulgating any regulation or making any assessment pursuant to a hearing or proceeding under this subsection or section 117(b)(2), or in making any determination of depletion under this subsection or finding regarding unmitigable adverse impacts under subsection (a)(5) that affects stocks or persons to which this subsection applies, the SoIA shall be responsible for demonstrating that such regulation, assessment, determination, or finding is supported by substantial evidence on the basis of the record as a whole. The preceding sentence shall only be applicable in an action brought by one or more Alaska Native organizations representing persons to which this subsection applies.

(4)Special Rules
(A)Interstate Commerce
Only authentic native articles of handicrafts and clothing may be sold in interstate commerce.

(B)Edible portions of marine mammals
Any edible portion of a marine mammal may be sold in a native village or town in Alaska or for native consumption.

(5)Prohibitions
(A)Mammoth, mastodon, and walrus ivory, marine mammal bones, teeth, and baleen
No State shall prohibit the importation, sale, offer for sale, transfer, trade, barter, possession, or possession with the intent to sell, transfer, trade, or barter of mammoth, mastodon, or walrus ivory, marine mammal bones, teeth, or baleen produced under this title by an Indian, Aleut, or Eskimo, as an authentic native article of handicrafts and clothing.

(B)Fossilized ivory
No State shall prohibit the importation, sale, offer for sale, transfer, trade, possession, or possession with the intent to sell, transfer, trade, or barter, of fossilized ivory.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies