Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:06:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 90809 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

« on: November 16, 2019, 11:25:20 AM »

AN ACT
to invest and establish the Game Engine

Be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia, in Congress assembled:

Section 1: Title & definitions
i. The title of this Act shall be, the “General Investiture Potestas Facere (Reconstruction of the Game Engine) of 2019.” It may be cited as the “General Investiture” or as the “Game Engine Reconstruction Act.”
ii. As it appears in this legislation, “non-playable entity” shall refer to all parties, including but not limited to foreign governments and non-state actors, minor agencies, state and municipal officers, and public interest groups, which may be presumed to exist within the context of Atlasia, the functions of which are not performed by any person registered with the Census Bureau.

Section 2: Separation of powers
i. All powers and prerogatives which shall by grant of Congress in the game engine reside, shall be divided among the several officers of the same, that is between the game moderator and the comptroller general.

Section 3: Game Moderator
i. The president shall appoint the game moderator with the advice and consent of the Senate.
ii. The game moderator shall have power, except where limited elsewhere by this legislation:
(a) to simulate the effect of domestic and foreign legislation of the government of Atlasia and of the several regions;
(b) to simulate the actions of non-playable entities;
(c) to simulate domestic and global events;
(d) to be the final arbiter in all questions of the reality of events which occur during their tenure;
(e) to be the final arbiter on the reality of the status quo with respect domestic and global conditions.
iii. The word of a game moderator, once spoken, is Canon, and may not be revoked by their successor.
iv. The game moderator may be removed from office according to the same provisions set in place for the impeachment of executive officers.

Section 4: Comptroller General
i. The president shall appoint the comptroller general with the advice and consent of the Senate, and shall serve at the pleasure of the president.
ii. The comptroller general shall have power:
(a) to project the cost of legislation passed by Congress or by the several regions, and the amount of revenue raised by such taxes as they may levy;
(b) to publish unemployment numbers and other economic statistics for the nation and the several regions;
(c) to report the state of the national and global economy.

Section 5: Repeal of old legislation
i. All previous Acts of Congress as they relate to the structure, powers, and officers of the game engine are hereby repealed.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 11:30:24 AM »

Introducing the following on behalf of Speaker Thumb, so as to deal with them faster in light of the House-Senate queue.

AN AMENDMENT
to the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives, in Congress assembled:
Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be, the “Labor Rights Amendment.” It may be cited by its ordinal number in order of ratification.

Section 2 (Labor Rights Amendment)
i. The following shall be appended to Article I of the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia as the next section thereof:
A full-enfranchised proletariat being necessary for the prosperity of a free people, the right of the working people to organize and bargain collectively shall not be infringed.

This amendment to the Bill of Rights would protect the right of wage-earners to unionize free from the subversive influence of employers or the state.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:39:34 AM »

AN AMENDMENT
to the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives, in Congress assembled:
Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be, the “Right to Life Amendment.” It may be cited by its ordinal number in order of ratification.

Section 2 (Right to Live Amendment)
i. The following shall be appended to Article I of the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia as the next section thereof:
The right of citizens of the Republic of Atlasia to health care, including but not limited to care necessary to prevent and treat illness, shall not be denied.

This amendment to the Bill of Rights would establish the right of all Atlasians to health care, including care necessary to prevent and treat illness.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies