WI- Marquette Law Poll: Clinton +9
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:12:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WI- Marquette Law Poll: Clinton +9
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WI- Marquette Law Poll: Clinton +9  (Read 8703 times)
Fargobison

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 07:24:29 PM »

Among registered voters (and it's too early to look at likely voters imo) it's:

Clinton 42%
Trump 35%

And not that it matters now but:

Sanders 56%
Trump 31%

I wonder if Cruz or Rubio would be leading Clinton here... I bet Kasich would be at least.

Rubio would be I think as well, seems like he would be a perfect fit for the WOW counties.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 07:31:17 PM »

A lot of apathy/anger with the candidates in Wisconsin, as it was a Sanders/Cruz state. Its almost unprecedented for both parties to have more than a quarter dissaproval of your own nominee in a state. The Milwaukee area Republicans still hate Trump, I bet a lot of that 'won't vote/other' is coming from there for Republicans. I'm guessing Waukesha County turns out something like this...

Trump: 58%
Clinton: 37%
Johnson/Other: 5%

Madison (Dane) something like this:

Clinton: 68%
Trump: 27%

Clinton 42%
Trump 35%

Sanders 56%
Trump 31%

I wonder if Cruz or Rubio would be leading Clinton here... I bet Kasich would be at least.

Rubio would be I think as well, seems like he would be a perfect fit for the WOW counties.

Yeah, I would speculate that if Wisconsin was held on March 1st I think Rubio would've won the primary.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 08:39:13 PM »

This poll is more evidence that, for the 5693th time, Wisconsin is NOT a toss-up. It's Lean D at the very least, and I'd say Likely D is more fitting, at this point.

Not really. Trump is currently down 10 points nationally and he's trailing by 9 in WI (I expected much worse for him in this state). Hardly "leans D". Also keep in mind that Clinton is not even at 50% yet.

Trump is down 10 in some polls. He's been consistently down by this much or more in Wisconsin. If Trump were leading by 7 in one national poll, and then 8 in Indiana, would that make Indiana a toss-up? Also, Trump is not even at 40%. Why does Clinton being below 50 matter more than that? Either way, Trump being down this consistently in Wisconsin doesn't suggest that he's in good shape to win here. Quite the opposite.

If Gary Johnson is getting 10% of the vote in any state,then whoever gets over 45% wins the state. Johnson seems to be picking up fewer votes from usual Democratic voters than from usual Republican voters.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 08:53:49 PM »

I wonder if Eraserhead will ever tire of concern trolling.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 09:46:52 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2016, 09:49:08 PM by Seriously? »

This poll is more evidence that, for the 5693th time, Wisconsin is NOT a toss-up. It's Lean D at the very least, and I'd say Likely D is more fitting, at this point.

Not really. Trump is currently down 10 points nationally and he's trailing by 9 in WI (I expected much worse for him in this state). Hardly "leans D". Also keep in mind that Clinton is not even at 50% yet.

Trump is down 10 in some polls. He's been consistently down by this much or more in Wisconsin. If Trump were leading by 7 in one national poll, and then 8 in Indiana, would that make Indiana a toss-up? Also, Trump is not even at 40%. Why does Clinton being below 50 matter more than that? Either way, Trump being down this consistently in Wisconsin doesn't suggest that he's in good shape to win here. Quite the opposite.

Point taken, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of WI being the tipping point state this year. VA is gone for Trump and if the Democratic turnout machine in Philadelphia is a success, WI will be the do or die state for Trump. Kasich, Rubio and Cruz were polling very well there, so if Trump can unite Republicans and pick up some Independents, he can at least make the state somewhat competitive. We'll see, though.
If Wisconsin is ever the tipping point state for the GOP, they are in huge trouble. It's a tier 2 state, at best. I'd probably rank it as the Midwest Twin states of tease along with MN and their cousins NJ and OR in the East and West.

WI is usually fools gold for the GOP, much like GA in the South for the Dems.

MI and PA are likely to be competitive on the GOP side before WI.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 09:53:12 PM »

I wonder if Eraserhead will ever tire of concern trolling.

Maybe around the same time that you tire of trolling Sanders supporters. Tongue
Desroko
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2016, 10:21:32 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2016, 10:27:09 PM by Desroko »

You should probably remove the ((( ))) from Enten's name before re-posting. And question the sort of other websites you're reading.

Edit: Because I don't tweet I didn't know that Enten puts it in front of his own name. False alarm.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 10:27:16 PM »

You should probably remove the ((( ))) from Enten's name before re-posting. And question the sort of other websites you're reading.

Enten is a writer for 538. He and many others are doing it as sign of solidarity with those who are being attacked by anti-semites.
Desroko
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 10:32:56 PM »

Enten is a writer for 538. He and many others are doing it as sign of solidarity with those who are being attacked by anti-semites.

Yep, didn't know that. Apologies.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2016, 10:01:49 AM »

A lot of apathy/anger with the candidates in Wisconsin, as it was a Sanders/Cruz state. Its almost unprecedented for both parties to have more than a quarter dissaproval of your own nominee in a state. The Milwaukee area Republicans still hate Trump, I bet a lot of that 'won't vote/other' is coming from there for Republicans. I'm guessing Waukesha County turns out something like this...

Trump: 58%
Clinton: 37%

Madison (Dane) something like this:

Clinton: 68%
Trump: 27%

Clinton 42%
Trump 35%

Sanders 56%
Trump 31%

Yeah, I would speculate that if Wisconsin was held on March 1st I think Rubio would've won the primary.

I think you're underestimating Clinton a bit in Dane County. No way Trump does as well as Romney. He'll have a hard time breaking 25%. Clinton will get 70, min. Waukesha looks right. I would imagine that Trump will win, but not by the margins he needs, the WOW region. I think he loses the Fox valley by 10.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2017, 01:31:57 AM »

Clinton 42%
Trump 35%

Sanders 56%
Trump 31%

When a poll is 8 points off, much better to be up 25 points rather than 7 points.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »

So much for Trump's rust belt breakthrough.
junk poll
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies