WI- Marquette Law Poll: Clinton +9
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:55:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WI- Marquette Law Poll: Clinton +9
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WI- Marquette Law Poll: Clinton +9  (Read 8697 times)
Fargobison

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2016, 12:30:53 PM »

Clinton 46
Trump 37

https://twitter.com/MULawPoll/status/743131478964502528
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 12:32:55 PM »

So much for Trump's rust belt breakthrough.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 12:35:07 PM »

This actually is better than I thought for Trump tbh
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 12:35:36 PM »

Also worth noting. Clinton does BETTER with LVs than RVs (usually GOP does better). Also, fully 1/4 of Sanders supporters still not behind Clinton. If she leads by 9 given that... wow.
Fargobison

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »

HRC still struggling with some of the Sander's supporters

You must be logged in to read this quote.

GOP enthusiasm is way down...

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »

This poll is more evidence that, for the 5693th time, Wisconsin is NOT a toss-up. It's Lean D at the very least, and I'd say Likely D is more fitting, at this point.
Angrie

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 12:40:46 PM »

There is a difference between the potentially competitive areas of the upper midwest (WI/MN/IA) and of the rust belt (PA/OH/MI). They are not the same region. They have different history and different politics, and a candidate can do well in the first group and poorly in the latter, or vice versa.
Reginald
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 12:48:35 PM »

Also worth noting. Clinton does BETTER with LVs than RVs (usually GOP does better).

Just for the sake of completeness:

LV
Clinton 46 / Trump 37

RV
Clinton 42 / Trump 35
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 12:48:50 PM »

If we can get the Sanders supporters to unite, it could be a 2008-level margin here.
Fargobison

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 01:07:40 PM »

This poll really makes me want to see an Iowa poll.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 01:12:05 PM »

Lol on Walker approval:

39% Approve
57% Disapprove
Fargobison

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 01:28:29 PM »

Basically the only bright spot in this poll for Republicans in WI....

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 01:38:48 PM »

Expected.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 01:39:04 PM »

Redban

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 01:45:00 PM »

Recall that Trump got a beatdown here during the primary, which was not so long ago. Many GOP voters in Wisconsin have not consolidated over their nominee; who knows if they ever will.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »

Recall that Trump got a beatdown here during the primary, which was not so long ago. Many GOP voters in Wisconsin have not consolidated over their nominee; who knows if they ever will.

Probably they won't since Milwaukee talk radio continues to be a bastion of #NeverTrump and Walker himself has refused to endorse TRUMP.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 02:02:00 PM »

Hillary got crushed as well though.

Are there more #NeverTrump or #BernieorBust people in this poll?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 02:09:18 PM »

13% of the respondents said that they were going to neither vote for Clinton nor Trump.

37 for Trump, 46% for Clinton, and 13% for Johnson or Stein means that Trump's ceiling is 41%, which Hillary Clinton beats easily.

Lowest R percentages since 1920 in Wisconsin:

2008 McCain 42%
1996 Dole 37% (three way race)
1992 Bush 37% (three way race)
1964 Goldwater 38%
1936 Landon 38%
1932 Hoover 31%
1924 Coolidge 37% (Third-Party favorite son won Wisconsin that year)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 02:16:40 PM »

There is a difference between the potentially competitive areas of the upper midwest (WI/MN/IA) and of the rust belt (PA/OH/MI). They are not the same region. They have different history and different politics, and a candidate can do well in the first group and poorly in the latter, or vice versa.

This. I've been to both, and worked politics (in a limited way) in both. VERY different.

(The cheese curds are much better in the upper midwest than the rust belt, for example)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 04:19:52 PM »

This poll is more evidence that, for the 5693th time, Wisconsin is NOT a toss-up. It's Lean D at the very least, and I'd say Likely D is more fitting, at this point.

Not really. Trump is currently down 10 points nationally and he's trailing by 9 in WI (I expected much worse for him in this state). Hardly "leans D". Also keep in mind that Clinton is not even at 50% yet.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 04:29:30 PM »

Not really. Trump is currently down 10 points nationally and he's trailing by 9 in WI (I expected much worse for him in this state). Hardly "leans D". Also keep in mind that Clinton is not even at 50% yet.

Trump is down 10 in some polls. He's been consistently down by this much or more in Wisconsin. If Trump were leading by 7 in one national poll, and then 8 in Indiana, would that make Indiana a toss-up? Also, Trump is not even at 40%. Why does Clinton being below 50 matter more than that? Either way, Trump being down this consistently in Wisconsin doesn't suggest that he's in good shape to win here. Quite the opposite.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 04:38:18 PM »

Trump is down 10 in some polls. He's been consistently down by this much or more in Wisconsin. If Trump were leading by 7 in one national poll, and then 8 in Indiana, would that make Indiana a toss-up? Also, Trump is not even at 40%. Why does Clinton being below 50 matter more than that? Either way, Trump being down this consistently in Wisconsin doesn't suggest that he's in good shape to win here. Quite the opposite.

Point taken, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of WI being the tipping point state this year. VA is gone for Trump and if the Democratic turnout machine in Philadelphia is a success, WI will be the do or die state for Trump. Kasich, Rubio and Cruz were polling very well there, so if Trump can unite Republicans and pick up some Independents, he can at least make the state somewhat competitive. We'll see, though.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 04:46:25 PM »

Point taken, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of WI being the tipping point state this year. VA is gone for Trump and if the Democratic turnout machine in Philadelphia is a success, WI will be the do or die state for Trump. Kasich, Rubio and Cruz were polling very well there, so if Trump can unite Republicans and pick up some Independents, he can at least make the state somewhat competitive. We'll see, though.

I certainly wouldn't rule out Virginia before Wisconsin. You could argue that the state's trending Democratic, but it's probably a bit soon to say that it's gone for Republicans. And I'd definitely give Pennsylvania to Trump before Wisconsin. Wisconsin simply isn't a good state for Trump, since the Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents and quite progressive, and Republicans would prefer a candidate like Cruz. It's not impossible that Trump could win Wisconsin, but I don't see it happening unless he's already won OH, PA, FL, VA, IA, and probably a few other states (i.e. already won the election.)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 04:49:58 PM »

New Poll: Wisconsin President by Marquette Law School on 2016-06-12

Summary: D: 46%, R: 37%, U: 18%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 07:13:15 PM »

Among registered voters (and it's too early to look at likely voters imo) it's:

Clinton 42%
Trump 35%

And not that it matters now but:

Sanders 56%
Trump 31%

I wonder if Cruz or Rubio would be leading Clinton here... I bet Kasich would be at least.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies