Stop pretending you care.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:24:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Stop pretending you care.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Stop pretending you care.  (Read 2680 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »

"Safe spaces" do not exist.  The world is a dangerous place.

Isn't Trump's policy the epitome of  creating a safe space?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2016, 09:08:24 PM »

The right to bear arms is protected by the 2nd amendment.

Stunning insight.

The eventual goal should be to repeal the 2nd, just as the 21st repealed the 18th, and join the rest of the civilized world.  But baby steps, obviously.

And lets get rid of the 1st too.

Um, no?  But nice non sequitur.

I don't understand the left and their never ending quest to make America like the rest of Europe.

(psst, America isn't in Europe.)

I said "the rest of the civilized world", which includes far more than just Europe.  But in any case, it shouldn't be so difficult to understand; universal healthcare, no capital punishment, mass public transit, paid vacation time, paid maternity leave, lower incarceration levels, higher average life expectancy, sane attitudes toward climate change, the metric system, and even their f[Inks]ing cheese!  Cheesy

Go join those"civilzed" nations and their utopia free from guns.

I'd rather stay and help improve the country I grew up in, thanks.  And you're quite correct on one point; not being home to some kind of shooting literally every day does make any given place a utopia, compared to what we're living in.

(And psst, if you're going to put a word in quotes, thus drawing attention to it, try to spell it correctly.)
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2016, 01:28:15 AM »

The right to bear arms is protected by the 2nd amendment.

Stunning insight.

The eventual goal should be to repeal the 2nd, just as the 21st repealed the 18th, and join the rest of the civilized world.  But baby steps, obviously.

And lets get rid of the 1st too.

Um, no?  But nice non sequitur.

I don't understand the left and their never ending quest to make America like the rest of Europe.

(psst, America isn't in Europe.)

I said "the rest of the civilized world", which includes far more than just Europe.  But in any case, it shouldn't be so difficult to understand; universal healthcare, no capital punishment, mass public transit, paid vacation time, paid maternity leave, lower incarceration levels, higher average life expectancy, sane attitudes toward climate change, the metric system, and even their f[Inks]ing cheese!  Cheesy

Go join those"civilzed" nations and their utopia free from guns.

I'd rather stay and help improve the country I grew up in, thanks.  And you're quite correct on one point; not being home to some kind of shooting literally every day does make any given place a utopia, compared to what we're living in.

(And psst, if you're going to put a word in quotes, thus drawing attention to it, try to spell it correctly.)

The day that your desired appeal happens will also be the day I die behind a wood pile with a stack of empty magazines and smoking brass with my body riddled with bullet holes. 

The irony in your efforts will be another civil war that will make the 1st one seem like a mock drill. But its easy for people like you to hide behind a keyboard and propagate this un-american trash because you wouldn't be the one coming to take anything.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »

That's quite a... graphic little fantasy you have there.  Are you ok?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2016, 01:35:29 PM »

I think we can all agree that the most important takeaway from American political discourse is that the rights of white men (and let's be real, it is mostly white men who buy guns) to have their dangerous toys trump the rights of people to not have to worry about being shot by some lunatic whenever they go out in public.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2016, 02:03:17 PM »

Considering the odds (especially when compared to the myriad other ways one also has a tiny chance of dying from), worrying about being gunned down by some lunatic whenever you go out in public seems a bit silly to me.  If something that remote worries you, how can you possible get inside a moving vehicle without breaking down into tears?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2016, 02:41:15 PM »

Considering the odds (especially when compared to the myriad other ways one also has a tiny chance of dying from), worrying about being gunned down by some lunatic whenever you go out in public seems a bit silly to me.  If something that remote worries you, how can you possible get inside a moving vehicle without breaking down into tears?

Good point
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2016, 04:32:28 PM »

Unlike gun owners, I'm not living in fear of others as you describe, exactly for the reasons you describe.  The reasons for wanting a ban on the type of gun that can mow down dozens of people in seconds is more borne out of a common sense solution to a recurring problem.

As gun nuts enjoy car metaphors so much, imagine that a particular model has a tendency to lose steering control and has killed several people already.  What typically happens to these car models in such cases?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies