Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:46:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 47
Author Topic: Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)  (Read 67641 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: June 08, 2016, 12:26:58 AM »

Meanwhile, South Dakota's vote is all in:

Clinton 27046 (51.03%)
Sanders 25957   (48.97%)

Sanders' best county was Harding, in the northwest corner of the state. He received 74% of the vote there.  Clinton's best county was Marshall, in the northeast part of the state.  She received almost 63% of the vote there.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #726 on: June 08, 2016, 12:27:19 AM »

Calling MT for Sanders.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #727 on: June 08, 2016, 12:28:15 AM »

56% in for Montana, Sanders up 49.9-45.6.
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #728 on: June 08, 2016, 12:29:52 AM »

With 1/3 of the vote out in Missoula, you'd think the networks would be able to call Montana.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #729 on: June 08, 2016, 12:30:01 AM »

The way in which California counts their votes is a disgrace to the country.  It's unacceptable that a significant number of votes will still be trickling in for days to come.  Why can they not count the votes on the night of the election?  It has never obviously had a big effect on the Presidential races because California is never close, but still, it's ridiculous.

Totally agreed... I live on the West Coast, and I very much doubt we will get 50% in before I go to bed, and they will start counting again tomorrow and margins will narrow significantly. Then I will go to bed tomorrow night, and we will have 55-58% of the results in, even though election officials have no idea of how many votes are yet to be counted, etc....

Election night in Oregon was up 6% and then it took almost was week before it was a 10% margin and then now a 15% margin.

Vote by Mail totally sucks when it comes to actually counting election votes, especially when you have states that allow mail-in-ballots to be counted days after the election so long as they are received and postmarked by the deadline.

I'm totally against vote-by-mail to begin with, but if they're going to have it, at least have the cutoff date be like 5 days before the election or something.  If you don't have it in the mail 5 days before the election you have to vote in person.  It's ridiculous that so many people likely just mailed their ballots yesterday.

People in California can still mail in ballots today as long as it is postmarked by midnight.

You could drop it off at a polling place or a special drop box until 8pm today, but I assume you're screwed after that.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #730 on: June 08, 2016, 12:30:45 AM »

Sanders is up by 5.6 in MT now, and he's cut into Clinton's margin in Yellowstone. I think we can call it now. Clinton definitely overperformed here, though.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #731 on: June 08, 2016, 12:31:15 AM »

I'll stay up till CA is at 33 percent or so, or until CA and MT get called whichever comes first.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #732 on: June 08, 2016, 12:33:00 AM »

Sanders has a 2.4 percent real lead in MT now. This is over.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #733 on: June 08, 2016, 12:33:31 AM »

I think another lesson from this primary cycle is how hard it is to poll Hispanics and that Clinton positively netted on election day compared to the polls. Could be a good sign for Clinton going into November.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #734 on: June 08, 2016, 12:33:48 AM »

The way in which California counts their votes is a disgrace to the country.  It's unacceptable that a significant number of votes will still be trickling in for days to come.  Why can they not count the votes on the night of the election?  It has never obviously had a big effect on the Presidential races because California is never close, but still, it's ridiculous.

Totally agreed... I live on the West Coast, and I very much doubt we will get 50% in before I go to bed, and they will start counting again tomorrow and margins will narrow significantly. Then I will go to bed tomorrow night, and we will have 55-58% of the results in, even though election officials have no idea of how many votes are yet to be counted, etc....

Election night in Oregon was up 6% and then it took almost was week before it was a 10% margin and then now a 15% margin.

Vote by Mail totally sucks when it comes to actually counting election votes, especially when you have states that allow mail-in-ballots to be counted days after the election so long as they are received and postmarked by the deadline.

I'm totally against vote-by-mail to begin with, but if they're going to have it, at least have the cutoff date be like 5 days before the election or something.  If you don't have it in the mail 5 days before the election you have to vote in person.  It's ridiculous that so many people likely just mailed their ballots yesterday.

People in California can still mail in ballots today as long as it is postmarked by midnight.

You could drop it off at a polling place or a special drop box until 8pm today, but I assume you're screwed after that.

How are you feeling, jfern?  Talk to me.
cwt

« Reply #735 on: June 08, 2016, 12:35:38 AM »

Whaaa?

Source?  Is California the only state that has that?

Washington is the same.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #736 on: June 08, 2016, 12:36:26 AM »

It does look like Sanders will win Montana.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #737 on: June 08, 2016, 12:37:59 AM »

Ballots postmarked today are valid as long as they are received by elections officials on or before June 10.  In theory, if you can find a 24-hour post office, you could drop your ballot off by 11:59PM.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #738 on: June 08, 2016, 12:38:45 AM »

Who thought Clinton would win both NM and SD by almost the same margin. Or that MT will be this close?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #739 on: June 08, 2016, 12:39:39 AM »

Is Burnie not speaking tonight, or did I miss it?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #740 on: June 08, 2016, 12:40:14 AM »

I think we can pretty safely call CA for Clinton, and MT for Sanders. I want to relish my last win as a Sanders supporter, but once MT is called for him, I'll be changing my banner.

Good campaign. Nice to be on the same side now.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #741 on: June 08, 2016, 12:40:52 AM »

Who thought Clinton would win both NM and SD by almost the same margin. Or that MT will be this close?

I'm guessing that a lot of voters decided that this race was over, and either broke for Hillary or didn't vote (turnout was very low in SD.) Not sure why NM was so close, though...
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #742 on: June 08, 2016, 12:42:45 AM »

I think another lesson from this primary cycle is how hard it is to poll Hispanics and that Clinton positively netted on election day compared to the polls. Could be a good sign for Clinton going into November.

Agreed. I remember that big poll of early voters that Clinton was leading 55-45 had latinos tied... I think they dropped the ball with latinos. The early vote was more 62 - 37. Fresno, Imperial, LA, and really all of Central Valley showed that latinos voted for Clinton, especially in the early vote.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #743 on: June 08, 2016, 12:43:07 AM »

Well point is that toplines will say Clinton wins Cali 60-40 based mainly upon early votes and the reality is that Clinton will win, but by significantly smaller margins, but it will take several days to get close to what the final results are, and likely a week before we can actually discern final margins county-by county.

Regardless--- congrats to Hillary on a big win in Cali and unless we see overwhelming shifts over the next week, it should end up at a minimum +5 Clinton victory in Cali, and quite possibly closer to +10 Clinton and '08 numbers.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #744 on: June 08, 2016, 12:43:34 AM »

I think we can pretty safely call CA for Clinton, and MT for Sanders. I want to relish my last win as a Sanders supporter, but once MT is called for him, I'll be changing my banner.

I'll be doing the same after Sanders concedes, unless he really unnecessarily drags things out.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #745 on: June 08, 2016, 12:43:52 AM »

The percentage is going down but Hillary seems to have a solid 400,000 vote lead in Cali.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #746 on: June 08, 2016, 12:44:25 AM »

Speech is starting. Introduced as 'THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES'
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #747 on: June 08, 2016, 12:44:45 AM »

And that's my night. Smiley
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #748 on: June 08, 2016, 12:45:16 AM »

California jumps up to 33% in, Clinton up 60.4-38.5. Montana 2/3 in, Sanders up 50.4-45.2.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #749 on: June 08, 2016, 12:45:39 AM »

I told you that all this talk about young Latinos being pro-Sanders was complete BS.
She won them big in Arizona and Nevada, so why would they abandon her in California?

P.S. Another gold standard (Field) bites the dust.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies