Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 02:06:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47
Author Topic: Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)  (Read 70075 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: June 08, 2016, 01:04:57 AM »

Bernie is like an extremely drunk redneck in his car with his headlights turned off playing an enormously ballsy game of chicken to see if Clinton will blink and toss him a few concessions
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #801 on: June 08, 2016, 01:05:01 AM »

Meh. He's just ending on a high note. He'll grudgingly come around in the next week or two, and leave fights to convention speaking time, rules, platform, etc.

Maybe.....

I took it that he's going to take his fight on the issues to Philadelphia, not his candidacy.

Don't you get it? The semantics don't matter. It's painfully obvious what the consequences of his fruitless, continued presence will be, and his supporters are not going to be able to discern between taking the campaign to the convention and taking the movement on the issues to the convention.

He is directly standing in the way of unity. In fact, he's helping tear the rifts even deeper.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #802 on: June 08, 2016, 01:05:29 AM »

Isn't Hillary going to end up with a majority of pledged delegates at the end of this?

Seriously, what's the fcking point?

Christ.  I thought I was disappointed a couple hours ago.

I'm done defending him.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #803 on: June 08, 2016, 01:05:31 AM »

Old bastard
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #804 on: June 08, 2016, 01:05:47 AM »

We won't know the pledged delegate margin in CA for a while yet, so he's probably going to wait and see what the final numbers come out to in terms of pledged delegates alone (remember there are 20 in DC on 6/14), and then perhaps reconsider at that point.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #805 on: June 08, 2016, 01:06:14 AM »

He is directly standing in the way of unity. In fact, he's helping tear the rifts even deeper.

LOL, Hillary's entire divisive campaign was in the way of unity.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #806 on: June 08, 2016, 01:06:41 AM »

Again, jfern, nobody gives a damn about whatever nonsense you're spewing now.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #807 on: June 08, 2016, 01:07:03 AM »

Look in a mirror, broseph.  Burnie has been the divisive one.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #808 on: June 08, 2016, 01:07:17 AM »

This is not the Bernie I voted for in the primary Sad
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #809 on: June 08, 2016, 01:07:21 AM »

FEED ME MORE OF YOUR SALTY TEARS JFERN!
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #810 on: June 08, 2016, 01:08:40 AM »

Isn't Hillary going to end up with a majority of pledged delegates at the end of this?

I'm done defending him.

I've been saying for a long time that this is who Sanders is, you're welcome to join if you're frustrated enough.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #811 on: June 08, 2016, 01:08:49 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2016, 01:29:13 AM by Seriously? »

I'm done defending him.
Majority of pledged delegates, yes.
Majority of the vote nationwide, yes.

Enough to absolutely, positively secure the nomination w/o superdelegates? Not quite.

The handwriting will be on the wall soon enough for Sanders. There's not a viable path without an FBI indictment and the supers defecting. Even with an indictment, which is very unlikely, she still might be able to get to the magic number if a handful of supers stay with her.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #812 on: June 08, 2016, 01:09:02 AM »

Meh. He's just ending on a high note. He'll grudgingly come around in the next week or two, and leave fights to convention speaking time, rules, platform, etc.

Maybe.....

I took it that he's going to take his fight on the issues to Philadelphia, not his candidacy.

Don't you get it? The semantics don't matter. It's painfully obvious what the consequences of his fruitless, continued presence will be, and his supporters are not going to be able to discern between taking the campaign to the convention and taking the movement on the issues to the convention.

This was all about the issues and a movement. Tonight's speech was totally a move towards starting to shut down the campaign for President, but not on the message. It was all about issues. Everyone on MSNBC is basically saying the same thing I am.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #813 on: June 08, 2016, 01:10:15 AM »

Uh... you guys do realize that Clinton didn't drop out on the last day of the primaries in 2008 either right? (Technically this isn't even the last day of the primaries.)

Do you think he's meeting with Obama on Thursday just to flip him the bird or something? Get a grip, folks. It takes a few days to sort these things out sometimes.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #814 on: June 08, 2016, 01:10:24 AM »

Look in a mirror, broseph.  Burnie has been the divisive one.

He has not run a year long campaign attacking his opponents supporters for being sexist and racist. He has not repeatedly lied in attacks. Hillary ran a much more negative campaign than his. She has turned me off not just to herself, but the party as a whole.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #815 on: June 08, 2016, 01:11:19 AM »

Uh... you guys do realize that Clinton didn't drop out on the last day of the primaries in 2008 either right? (Technically this isn't even the last day of the primaries either.)

Do you think he's meeting with Obama on Thursday just to flip him the bird or something? Get a grip, folks. It takes a few days to sort these things out sometimes.

Also Obama had the decency to wait until after the last state to announce the superdelegates. Hillary's move yesterday was designed to help her win California, and was total scumbag move that I hope convinces Bernie to run 3rd party.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #816 on: June 08, 2016, 01:11:32 AM »

Uh... you guys do realize that Clinton didn't drop out on the last day of the primaries in 2008 either right? (Technically this isn't even the last day of the primaries.)

I LOLed
Fusionmunster

« Reply #817 on: June 08, 2016, 01:12:05 AM »

Yep, he hopefully knows what hes doing. The fact that he didnt attack Clinton was a positive sign.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #818 on: June 08, 2016, 01:13:25 AM »

Clinton did not drop out on 3 June, true. But her speech was very different and nowhere near as negative and spiteful as that speech appeared. He didn't need to drop out but a little grace wouldn't have f***ing killed him.

Thankfully he stopped short of going Clinton personally.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #819 on: June 08, 2016, 01:13:36 AM »

You know what? Screw this. This board will just keep getting uglier the longer this lasts. I'm staying out of here until Sanders concedes, and I'd like to hope that things calm down after that.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #820 on: June 08, 2016, 01:16:12 AM »

Yeah.  Congratulations, Clinton supporters.  I'm being genuine here.  I'm still not sold on her and I'll be remain skeptical if Warren isn't her veep, but I'm not obligated to defend bullsht like this.  Not anymore.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #821 on: June 08, 2016, 01:17:26 AM »

I decided not to watch the Sanders speech. Instead, I was watching the CA returns, and I feel like I added 5 years to my life.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #822 on: June 08, 2016, 01:17:32 AM »

I'll admit, that was disappointing. I don't think dropping out in front of that crowd would've gone over well, but he could've said something like "Hillary/her supporters and us agree that we cannot afford a President Trump." Hopefully he accepts reality by next Tuesday (he did specifically mention that day.)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #823 on: June 08, 2016, 01:17:39 AM »

Yeah, Sanders is probably going to drop out sometime in the next two weeks.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #824 on: June 08, 2016, 01:17:43 AM »

You know what? Screw this. This board will just keep getting uglier the longer this lasts. I'm staying out of here until Sanders concedes, and I'd like to hope that things calm down after that.

That's funny, I'm planning on going on hiatus after Sanders concedes.  I want the vindication and then I don't care about much until the first debate.  Maybe we won't see each other until September.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies