CA-Capitol Weekly: Hillary+12 among absentee voters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:31:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CA-Capitol Weekly: Hillary+12 among absentee voters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-Capitol Weekly: Hillary+12 among absentee voters  (Read 3607 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: June 06, 2016, 03:29:38 PM »

Is it safe to say that the early vote skews older and wealthier than the electorate as a whole and that we can expect to see significant swings towards Bernie in some of the CDs where younger and less affluent voters vote late, and possibly a similar phenomenon for Hillary in some other parts of the state like the Central Valley?

Yup, I was thinking exactly that. I think the Sanders strength in the Central Valley and parts of LA County/Inland Empire will melt away when the election day votes come in. Conversely, Hillary may not have as much strength around the Bay Area and college towns once the election day votes come in. All that being said, it does show how Bernie is likely to do much better in inland California than demographics might suggest. On the flip side Hillary does much better in places like OC, SD and parts of the Bay Area than one might assume at first glance.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 03:52:12 PM »

Looking at some of the CD results, I would not be surprised if Whites and Latinos voted fairly similarly in Southern California. That is something the polls were picking up on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies