CA-NBC/WSJ: Clinton +2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:38:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CA-NBC/WSJ: Clinton +2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-NBC/WSJ: Clinton +2  (Read 16835 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: June 01, 2016, 04:18:09 PM »

So Hillary leads with whites and Sanders leads with Hispanics, that's different.

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see any reason why California Hispanics will like Sanders so much more than their counterparts in Texas and Arizona.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 04:26:58 PM »

^^ Sanders didn't compete in Texas, and there was legitimate voter disenfranchisement in Arizona.

What's voter disenfranchisement has to do with Sanders' poor performance among Hispanics?
If anything it's Clinton who should complain.
And Sanders lost Hispanics in a landslide even where he competed (Florida, New York).
He only won them in Illinois because of Rham's antagonism with the community.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »

^^ Sanders didn't compete in Texas, and there was legitimate voter disenfranchisement in Arizona.

What's voter disenfranchisement has to do with Sanders' poor performance among Hispanics?
And Sanders lost Hispanics in a landslide even where he competed (Florida, New York).

Both NY & FL were closed primaries, I do think the surge in younger voters helps Sanders.

And if they were open Sanders would have won them, huh?
The level of delusion runs strong among Berniebots.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 04:49:11 PM »

Both NY & FL were closed primaries, I do think the surge in younger voters helps Sanders.

And if they were open Sanders would have won them, huh?
The level of delusion runs strong among Berniebots.

No, but they would have been a lot closer. Especially in NY, where the deadline for an existing registered voter to change to DEM was before the first democratic debate.

Excuses, excuses. In Texas Sanders didn't compete, in Florida and New York it was the closed primaries, etc, etc.
The cold hard reality is that Sanders' appeal among minorities is limited and I don't see any evidence why California would be any different.

BTW, several New York polls actually showed Sanders winning Hispanics by double digits. We all know what happened in reality.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 04:58:03 PM »

Are you seriously denying that NY would have been closer if it was semi-open like CA is and had a more lenient party change deadline? You are beyond delusional.

We aren't talking about the overall result here, we are talking about Hispanics.

If NY had early voting, vote by mail, more lenient party change rules, and a semi-open primary yes there's no doubt it would've been closer. The deadline to change parties in NY was in Oct while in Cali in May.

And if I was born rich and handsome I would be George Clooney.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 05:05:58 PM »

I just read something horrible.

Apparently it can take days and even weeks to count all the absentee/early votes in California, if the race is very close we might not know the winner for awhile.

That's true. Remember what happened with the Harris/Cooley race.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 07:12:58 PM »

He didn't compete in Texas as well because there were a ton of other states voting, including some much more favorable and it costs a ton of money to compete in the air wars in Texas.

Let's dispel with the notion that Sanders didn't compete in Texas. He spent time and money there and withdrew only after he saw that he wasn't making any progress.

Or we could stop thinking about Hispanics as a monolithic group and accept that differences exist between states and areas.

Again, Clinton has carried Hispanics in every state but Illinois. From Connecticut to Florida and from Virginia to Arizona.
I see many saying that California's Hispanics might be more young and that's why it's plausible Sanders winning them. But young Latinos also supported Obama in 2008, yet still Clinton won them overall in California 67-32. I can believe that Sanders will overperform Obama but not by THAT much.

Also according to the 2008 primary exit poll California isn't an especially young state. The 18-29 voters were 16% of the electorate, just about the same as the entire US.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 12:59:44 PM »

Aren't Asians the most Sanders-friendly minority group due to their high education levels?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 05:09:22 PM »

So Hillary leads with whites and Sanders leads with Hispanics, that's different.

Didn't Sanders win hispanics in NV?

No. The exit poll showed him winning them but actual results showed Clinton winning with more than 60% the Latino heavy precincts.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 12:57:22 PM »

It's 2016 and polling companies still don't know how to poll Latinos.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies