GA-PPP: Trump comfortably ahead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:30:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  GA-PPP: Trump comfortably ahead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-PPP: Trump comfortably ahead  (Read 4862 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: June 01, 2016, 05:27:23 PM »

Sorry, Trumpettes, but this isn't a great poll for Little Donny. Yeah, he's in good shape in GA, but if he's not outperforming Romney, that doesn't bode well for him in the more competitive southern states. I expect him to win GA, but that helps him as much as winning MN helps Clinton.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 05:32:36 PM »

Sorry, Trumpettes, but this isn't a great poll for Little Donny. Yeah, he's in good shape in GA, but if he's not outperforming Romney, that doesn't bode well for him in the more competitive southern states. I expect him to win GA, but that helps him as much as winning MN helps Clinton.

No. GA is maxed out for Republicans and it's hella inelastic. There is no way any Republican would do significantly better than Romney here, even if they won the election. GA-SEN 2014 is the best example.

You think Isakson will only win by eight?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 05:48:12 PM »

You think Isakson will only win by eight?

He'll win by more, but Senate races /=/ presidential races. I mean, Ron Wyden and Patty Murray will significantly outperform Clinton, yet that doesn't mean that OR and WA aren't inelastic states at the presidential level. Isakson probably gets support from a few remaining White Democrats and Independents in the Atlanta area and will do better than Trump with minorities (especially Hispanics and Asians).

Then why is the senate race from 2014 the best example? I'm not saying Trump should be winning GA by 20, but he should hope to be on the other side of Romney's win margin (maybe 10 or so points ahead) rather than under it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies