HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:27:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: HC: People say, ‘I really like you, I just don’t know if I can vote for a women'  (Read 3360 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2016, 09:09:21 PM »

To anyone who thinks that Republicans (in large numbers) will be voting against Hillary Clinton because she is a woman, do you think they would vote against Joni Ernst for the same reason? Republicans who oppose Clinton will overwhelmingly do so for the same reason they opposed Obama: she is liberal.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2016, 09:14:07 PM »

Even if someone thought this, they wouldn't say it. And really the people who like Clinton are more likely to vote for her because she is a woman. I cannot imagine anyone likes her who has a problem with a woman president. If anything there are a lot of people who have no problem with a woman president, they just don't like Clinton.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2016, 10:47:27 PM »

To anyone who thinks that Republicans (in large numbers) will be voting against Hillary Clinton because she is a woman, do you think they would vote against Joni Ernst for the same reason? Republicans who oppose Clinton will overwhelmingly do so for the same reason they opposed Obama: she is liberal.
Oh, get off it already. Hillary is liberal, and you know it.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2016, 11:17:06 PM »

I have the opposite problem; I could easily vote in a woman. Just not Hillary.

So you want somebody like Palin: hot and dumb.

I'd take hot and smart, how about Asia Carrera? lol
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2016, 12:33:41 AM »

She doesn't have to be a liberal. She's a Democrat. That alone as a Republican disqualifies her along with 85-90% of the rest of the Republican Party. Gender matters for nothing. Ideology does.

It's the same reason these red avatars think that Sarah Palin is "stupid." She's a Republican and they'd never vote Republican. It's just convenient for them to pull out the woman card with Hillary!
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2016, 12:41:27 AM »

She doesn't have to be a liberal. She's a Democrat. That alone as a Republican disqualifies her along with 85-90% of the rest of the Republican Party. Gender matters for nothing. Ideology does.

It's the same reason these red avatars think that Sarah Palin is "stupid." She's a Republican and they'd never vote Republican. It's just convenient for them to pull out the woman card with Hillary!

Sarah Palin straight up IS stupid, though.  The lady went on Glenn Beck and couldn't name any founding fathers and thought Africa was a country.

People like Nicki Haley or Olympia snowe might be wrong on the issues but are not complete disgraces/mental midgets who are manifestly unqualified like Palin.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2016, 02:36:07 AM »

You're quite the comedian.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2016, 04:48:05 AM »

I highly doubt this considering how few people like Hillary and hardly anyone explicitly votes against Hiklary because she's a woman. Why would you expect a right leaning or right wing voter that opposes the Democratic Party's stances on multiple issues as well as oppose what they perceive as a very corrupt and untrustworthy presidential candidate? The only reason they'd vote against her is she's a woman? Lol. Political polarization plays a much greater role by a mile in issues like why people don't vote for Hillary then "I like her but she's a woman."
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2016, 04:58:44 AM »

I come across these old bitties (and let's be clear about something, it is usually a woman who will directly say this) all the time locally in my politicking. Religious types, usually in their 60s or older, who follow "traditional" roles and consider themselves subservient to their husbands and the like. Some of them do still vote Democratic...
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2016, 05:53:27 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2016, 09:46:30 AM by Meclazine »

I don't think being a female is a big issue to voters in 2016.

Australia and England have both had previous female Prime Ministers.

I have not felt it was an issue, not once.
DS0816
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2016, 07:51:53 AM »

An unwillingness to vote for Hillary Clinton to become the 45th president of the United States is one of the following reasons: 1) A person who self-identifies Republican and votes Republican; 2) A person who self-identifies Democratic, who normally would vote Democratic, but does not support the general-election nomination for Hillary because her record indicates she is more in line with Republicans on such issues as wars and with the financial institutions; 3) An independent voter who does not think Hillary is generally a better choice than Donald Trump.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2016, 02:20:30 PM »

I really want to vote for a female to be President, I just wish it could be someone other than Hillary Clinton.  :-/

Clinton excuses her poor campaign management on the fact that she is "not a natural politician."  It really makes me wonder why we couldn't field a candidate who does a good job of communicating with voters, rather than just choosing someone on the basis of their wealth and political influence.  Maybe in 2020?
Jill Stein?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2016, 02:28:14 PM »

You're quite the comedian.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2016, 02:34:13 PM »

I really want to vote for a female to be President, I just wish it could be someone other than Hillary Clinton.  :-/

Clinton excuses her poor campaign management on the fact that she is "not a natural politician."  It really makes me wonder why we couldn't field a candidate who does a good job of communicating with voters, rather than just choosing someone on the basis of their wealth and political influence.  Maybe in 2020?

I have to agree. Honestly I really wanted someone like Warren to be the first. She is someone I look up to. Clinton on the other hand, well, I don't mind her but she has so much baggage and is constantly being dogged by some faux scandal or what have you. I think she'll make a decent president but I wish it was someone else.

I can't help but shake the feeling that the youngest voters under Clinton are going to grow up leaning at least slightly more Republican, just like voters under Nixon leaned Democratic. Young people don't trust her and she will be unfairly criticized and judged much more than other presidents whenever something negative/bad happens during her tenure as president. I don't think it'll be good for long-term party loyalty at all.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2016, 02:38:13 PM »

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I fear that if Hillary lose (to freaking Trump of all people), it would a major setback other female candidates, no matter how credible. Let's hope it won't be the case.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2016, 03:43:50 PM »

Hillary is tough. If she wins the Presidency then she will be the first female in this country, ever; there is no precedent.

I like Hillary a lot but many people don't, but if you think about it, it will take a female like her who is used to being put through the wringer day after day, year after year, who has to fight her way tooth and nail in a man's world, to get the job. It's not for sissy-girls.

And while her record might not be squeaky clean --(but I have to say she's never been to trial for anything so much of her "baggage" is quite overblown) -- she has standing in the world. Leaders know her. People know her around the world. I think she will bring to the job something much different and refreshing.

Give her a chance and don't judge her by the "he said she said" finger pointing and the constant witch hunting that goes on about her.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2016, 10:55:05 PM »

Hillary is tough. If she wins the Presidency then she will be the first female in this country, ever; there is no precedent.

I like Hillary a lot but many people don't, but if you think about it, it will take a female like her who is used to being put through the wringer day after day, year after year, who has to fight her way tooth and nail in a man's world, to get the job. It's not for sissy-girls.

And while her record might not be squeaky clean --(but I have to say she's never been to trial for anything so much of her "baggage" is quite overblown) -- she has standing in the world. Leaders know her. People know her around the world. I think she will bring to the job something much different and refreshing.

Give her a chance and don't judge her by the "he said she said" finger pointing and the constant witch hunting that goes on about her.
This is true but was also true for Obama and Bush and will be true for every president that is to come in this age of the Internet.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2016, 02:11:23 AM »

I don't think being a female is a big issue to voters in 2016.

Australia and England have both had previous female Prime Ministers.

I have not felt it was an issue, not once.

Julia Gillard was not only a fantastic Prime Minister of Australia, but she was subjected to ridiculous treatment both by the Murdoch press and the petulant weasel she faced in Tony Abbott.  'Ditch the witch', etc.

Margaret Thatcher also has a substantial legacy by virtue of the fact that her policies largely have discredited her ideology.  She and Ronald Reagan have their lovechild in the current Australian PM, and hopefully he trickles down all the way to the sewer.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2016, 06:30:21 AM »

Yeah, yeah. Clearly, everybody just loves Hillary Clinton, they just don't know if they can vote for a woman. Yeah, that's the central question in everyone's mind. Never mind that Hillary is ethically challenged. Never mind that Hillary's ideas are yesterdays ideas. Never mind that Hillary has such a wonderful track record of supporting fellow women who have had trouble dealing with powerful men. Never mind that the Clinton Foundation is corrupt to the nth degree.

I don't know if I can vote for Hillary Clinton. No, wait, I do know that I can't vote for Hillary Clinton. The electorate is beginning to wake up, and politics-as-usual simply isn't going to cut it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies