Democrats, the party of urbanites. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:22:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Democrats, the party of urbanites. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats, the party of urbanites.  (Read 5368 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 28, 2016, 04:05:45 AM »

This thread reminds me of the divisive comments made by Sarah Palin about "real America..."

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 12:46:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was staggered by the results of this and the implication. Philadelphia is the most striking example, IMO.

There are still plenty of rural counties that vote Democratic, most notably in the South, granted these are probably ~98 percent majority African American, if I had to take a guess.

Republicans really haven't tried to make inroads within urban voters; if anything, they've just alienated them even more. Ted Cruz's "New York City values" smear is perhaps the most recent example. Republicans talk up a good game about how "exceptional" America is, lest they never stop bashing New York City, Los Angeles/Hollywood, San Francisco, and other big cities where they get crushed in every election. Las I checked, these cities were a part of America, too.

(Before I'm accused of being a hack, I'm fully aware that Democrats do the same to Rural America; most notably are Barack Obama's "bitter clingy" remarks in the 2008 primary, and John Murtha calling his former constituents in Southwest Pennsylvania rednecks.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies