evergreen v. rpryor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:42:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  evergreen v. rpryor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: evergreen v. rpryor  (Read 1806 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

« on: May 29, 2016, 07:11:37 PM »

Thank you Honorable Justices for hearing this case.

I would like to draw your attention to Article X, Section 2, Sub-Section iii of the Fourth Constitution. The sub-section says "At such time as both the Senate and the House of Representatives shall be seated, this Constitution shall be considered fully implemented." As such, this means that the Constitution will only be fully in effect once the Senate and the House are fully seated and beginning business, neither of which has yet occurred. Article X.2.iii also states that at that time, "all acts and offices established under the previous Constitution, or those of the former Regions, shall cease to hold any authority within the Republic of Atlasia." As such, this means that only at that point shall the Fourth Constitution take effect. I was advised to the same effect by Speaker Truman, the architect of our new Constitution, who informed me:

Per Article X, the Fourth Constitution will not take effect until after the seating of the new Congress; therefore, all regulations set in place by the Third Constitution remain valid.

As such, I have aboded by the Third Constitution's Article V, Section 2, Sub-Section 2 that states: "The Senate shall have power to define these activity requirements by appropriate legislation." The appropriate legislation in this case is the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act (F.L. 14-2) Section 14, which states "All those persons who have posted at least 10 times in the 8 weeks (56 days) prior to the commencement of an election shall be defined as active for the purposes of that election."

Article V, Section 2, Sub-Section 3 of the Third Constitution states: "In order to vote or be a candidate in an election, a person must have been a registered voter seven days before the earliest possible commencement of the election. If a voter changes their state of registration between that time and the election, the state from which they were originally registered shall be the state from which their vote is cast."

Therefore, the regulations placed in force through the third constitution are still in force until the seating of the Senate.

Justices, I thank you for your time.
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:04:52 AM »

And the existing body of law, Ms. Evergreen. The existing body of law includes the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act (F.L. 14-2) Section 14, which states "All those persons who have posted at least 10 times in the 8 weeks (56 days) prior to the commencement of an election shall be defined as active for the purposes of that election."
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »

Thank you, Justice Windjammer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies