Mass chaos ensuing at Trump rally in New Mexico right now.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:55:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Mass chaos ensuing at Trump rally in New Mexico right now.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Mass chaos ensuing at Trump rally in New Mexico right now.  (Read 2406 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 12:12:51 AM »

Seems fairly minor in the grand scheme of this cycle.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 12:20:00 AM »

Two words: Willy Horton
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 12:23:02 AM »

What strange non sequitur is this?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 12:26:56 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 12:30:08 AM by libertpaulian »

The Bush I campaign ran an ad in the fall 1988 campaign about how Dukakis was "weak" on crime because he gave felons weekend passes.  He used Willy Horton's (a black man) evil-looking mugshot throughout the ad.  It basically conveyed a subliminal message, especially to white voters: "Do you want 'those people' coming to your neighborhood to rape, rob, or kill you?  Cuz if you elect Dukakis, he's gonna let 'em all out of jail or make it harder for prosecutors to put 'em in jail!"  The ad worked.  Bush I won every single Southern state (except West Virginia), and he won Illinois, Pennsylvania, and California (the last time a Republican would do that), primarily due to the white moderate suburban voters of Chicago, Philly, LA, etc.

Here, Trump could use all these riots as an attack ad that would convey a subliminal message of this nature: "Hillary wants to legalize all of these rioters in the video, and import MORE of them!  Do you want your plain white bread life in Pleasantville, USA to be turned upside down by illegals?  Vote Trump if you want them out!"  It could be enough to scare said white moderate suburban voters.

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 12:35:48 AM »

Your second post makes sense (and I know the history of the 1988 campaign, thank you very much), but you must admit besides the target audience of the ad the message has nothing in common with the message of the Willie Horton ads.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 12:44:25 AM »

The Bush I campaign ran an ad in the fall 1988 campaign about how Dukakis was "weak" on crime because he gave felons weekend passes.  He used Willy Horton's (a black man) evil-looking mugshot throughout the ad.  It basically conveyed a subliminal message, especially to white voters: "Do you want 'those people' coming to your neighborhood to rape, rob, or kill you?  Cuz if you elect Dukakis, he's gonna let 'em all out of jail or make it harder for prosecutors to put 'em in jail!"  The ad worked.  Bush I won every single Southern state (except West Virginia), and he won Illinois, Pennsylvania, and California (the last time a Republican would do that), primarily due to the white moderate suburban voters of Chicago, Philly, LA, etc.

Here, Trump could use all these riots as an attack ad that would convey a subliminal message of this nature: "Hillary wants to legalize all of these rioters in the video, and import MORE of them!  Do you want your plain white bread life in Pleasantville, USA to be turned upside down by illegals?  Vote Trump if you want them out!"  It could be enough to scare said white moderate suburban voters.

Most of these rioters looked pretty white and suburban though.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 12:50:13 AM »

Wonder if these protesters know how counterproductive they are being
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 12:55:58 AM »

Lol at people thinking this will help Trump.

Burning American flags and flying another country's flag is a sure way to get the silent majority to vote against you.  

This will help Trump.  The far left extremist are showing just how radcal they are on natl TV.

The silent majority in this country, my friend, are the radical leftists, who elected Obama twice. Republicans can win only when they are distracted (as they are during midterms, frequently). Trump is flashy and has instead chosen to attract their attention for some reason.

His defeat is certain.

Hey Vossom I see you finally changed from blue to green.   After Trump is elected you can change to red and the process will be complete.

How many states do you think will undergo the process with me, from 2012 to 2016? North Carolina seems pretty likely, and polls have been encouraging for Hillary in Arizona and Georgia. The Obama 2012 states are all safe for her, of course.

One thing's for sure: ain't nobody going the other way.

It's like you get some sort of sick pleasure at being wrong. It's time to stop making predictions, buddy. Okay?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 01:00:50 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump supporters infiltrated the protest, and they're the ones doing all this stuff.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 01:01:59 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump supporters infiltrated the protest, and they're the ones doing all this stuff.

And the communists burned the Reichstag.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 01:24:17 AM »

Oh the way Glen Miller played.
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made.
Those were the days!

And you knew when you WAAAAHHHH there.
Girls was girls and men was men.
Mista we can use a man like Herbert Hoover again.
Didn't need no welfare state.
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days!
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 02:30:28 AM »

No because they're stupid.

Waving the Mexican flag....what morons
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 03:23:07 AM »

Probably that same college-based regressive left that needs a "safe space" and just yells over everyone that doesn't agree with their myopic world view.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 03:37:11 AM »

Most of these rioters looked pretty white and suburban though.

How does one look suburban? Lol
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 04:37:25 AM »

These people give the word mob a bad name.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2016, 05:05:34 AM »

ff protesters doïng what the police should have done
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2016, 05:53:10 AM »

Is there anything more interesting than a trump rally?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2016, 05:58:16 AM »

Mexican Flag Flyin', Rioting Idiots.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 06:10:24 AM »

Indeed. This will just cause whites to rally around Trump even more. I think he just cracked 70% in West Virginia. Smiley
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2016, 08:30:10 AM »

I support the protests. I just don't support the methods.

This country is begging to permanently go to the dump.
dax00

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 08:36:02 AM »

I support the protests. I just don't support the methods.

This country is begging to permanently go to the dump.
Amen.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2016, 09:15:18 AM »

Yeah, thugs and reactionaries made asses out of themselves at a Trump rally. They're kind of just part of the atmosphere at this point. Wonder who is bussing them in? I guess the cops did a pretty good job keeping it and themselves under control, though.

Listened to part of his speech, it was good substance and entertainment. We can't police the world, we can't keep paying for the defense of everyone else (lit into Japan on that one), and we have to bring decent jobs back. Made a joke out of the real estate issue. Started a "USA! USA!" chant. Those were some highlights.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2016, 09:38:42 AM »

Probably that same college-based regressive left that needs a "safe space" and just yells over everyone that doesn't agree with their myopic world view.
Um no. Pretty sure they were Mexican-Americans and not latte liberals. Problem is that this will give Mexican-Americans who are proud Americans a bad name because of racists.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2016, 10:28:08 AM »

Yeah, thugs and reactionaries made asses out of themselves at a Trump rally. They're kind of just part of the atmosphere at this point.  
"at this point"? thugs and reäctionaries making asses out of themselves have been the bulk of the stubby-fingered rapist's support from the start.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2016, 03:22:38 PM »

Protesting isn't about being productive, it's about having fun, finding mates, and of course feeling superior.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies