FL- Florida Chamber of Commerce: Clinton +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:58:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL- Florida Chamber of Commerce: Clinton +2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL- Florida Chamber of Commerce: Clinton +2  (Read 3635 times)
Rick Grimes
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2016, 06:16:58 PM »

i think clinton wins florida but trump will make up for it with big wins in pennsylvania, michigan, wisconsin, maine, and new hampshire. this will be a very tight election.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 01:53:44 PM »

i think clinton wins florida but trump will make up for it with big wins in pennsylvania, michigan, wisconsin, maine, and new hampshire. this will be a very tight election.
Trump isn't going to win Maine, and he has VERY small chances of winning Wisconsin or Michigan.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 03:33:08 PM »

People tend to vote more Republican as they get older (and wiser).

Not so fast. People can become more entrenched in liberal causes as they get older. Unions. Minority advocacy groups.

It's telling that in 2008, income was practically of no value as a proxy for Republican voting. Completion of formal education had a negative correlation to Republican voting. In 1950 the best-educated states voted for Dwight Eisenhower and the least-educated states voted for Adlai Stevenson. That is almost the opposite of 2008 and 2012.

"Older and wiser" implies having more ability to detect the contradictory statements and promises of a demagogue, and when the Republican proves to be a demagogue... just think of how that will work in the general election.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 03:55:54 PM »

Not so fast. People can become more entrenched in liberal causes as they get older. Unions. Minority advocacy groups.

It's telling that in 2008, income was practically of no value as a proxy for Republican voting. Completion of formal education had a negative correlation to Republican voting. In 1950 the best-educated states voted for Dwight Eisenhower and the least-educated states voted for Adlai Stevenson. That is almost the opposite of 2008 and 2012.

"Older and wiser" implies having more ability to detect the contradictory statements and promises of a demagogue, and when the Republican proves to be a demagogue... just think of how that will work in the general election.

"Older and wiser" also implies having more ability to detect a crook. And I'll take a demagogue before I take a crook any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 04:00:42 PM »

"Older and wiser" also implies having more ability to detect a crook. And I'll take a demagogue before I take a crook any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

You´ve consistently taken the King of Crooks over anything else so far. Which suggests, in your own terms, certain lack of wisdom - whether it is accompanies by youth, I shall not hazard my opinion about.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 04:13:02 PM »

You´ve consistently taken the King of Crooks over anything else so far. Which suggests, in your own terms, certain lack of wisdom - whether it is accompanies by youth, I shall not hazard my opinion about.

Do you even know what a crook is? I guess, you are one of those "more entrenched in liberal causes as they get older" types pbrower is talking about. Blind for transgressions of your chosen candidate.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 04:16:01 PM »

Do you even know what a crook is? I guess, you are one of those "more entrenched in liberal causes as they get older" types pbrower is talking about. Blind for transgressions of your chosen candidate.

Well, well, well... Our resident crook-loving admirer of small fingers seems to be getting upset. Good.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 04:24:57 PM »

Well, well, well... Our resident crook-loving admirer of small fingers seems to be getting upset. Good.

I pity your students. I hope they get wiser as they get older, though.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 04:36:32 PM »

I pity your students. I hope they get wiser as they get older, though.

Well, at least I can teach some students, to whom I can impart my wisdom Smiley

All you have is you one dear Crook-in-chief, who is not even aware of your existence Smiley
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 07:51:32 AM »

I am not sure whether by "crook" you mean the more liberal nominee. I don't see liberals more likely to take bribes, commit embezzlement, or make sweetheart deals with special interests. If by 'crookedness' you imply deviation from some right-libertarian orthodoxy, then you have an ideological definition of political criminality.

It's hard to predict who will take bribes, embezzle, or cut sweetheart deals with cronies. Damage does not require overt criminality; thus the real estate bubble involving the Bush II administration that depended upon predatory sub-prime lending and a gutting of investment outside of the housing/lending racket.

It is not fair to call someone a crook for being where he is on the political spectrum unless someone shows signs of support for violation of human rights or for starting wars of aggression, or being associated with groups (Nazis, fascists, commies) infamous for violations of human rights and for aggressive warfare.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies