PPP - National horse race: Clinton +4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:38:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP - National horse race: Clinton +4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP - National horse race: Clinton +4  (Read 5299 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: May 10, 2016, 01:09:11 AM »
« edited: May 10, 2016, 01:11:50 AM by Virginia »

He may win Iowa if he chooses Joni Ernst as his vp.

Well unless I am missing a recent spat of far more favorable polls (the ones I see are from Nov -> March), Ernst isn't really that popular. Home state advantage is typically not an advantage without high approval ratings and wide recognition.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 05:24:03 PM »

....Anyone who believes that Donald Trump will get less than 45% of the vote in a two-way race fails to recognize the optimum in an open-seat election when the incumbent is seen as highly successful but that the usual partisan fatigue is setting in.  Is Barack Obama as effective a President as Ronald Reagan was? Probably not.

Right, but I think you are oversimplifying this. Trump is an extraordinarily weak and vulnerable candidate and comparing this to completely different historical scenarios is not that accurate. The only major factors this election has in common with 1988 is that 1) A party is seeking a 3rd term and 2) The election is taking place during a time where party preferences are shifting one way (1988 was a rightwards shift and 2016 is now in a leftwards shift)

I'm not saying Trump will lose in a landslide, but rather that you are narrowly focused on historical parallels and ignoring the major issues with Trump. If Hillary didn't have her own baggage, this could easily be a landslide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies