IPFW-IN: Clinton +13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:38:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  IPFW-IN: Clinton +13
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IPFW-IN: Clinton +13  (Read 2678 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2016, 12:40:34 PM »

Clinton: 54
Sanders: 41

University pollster, but their polling of the race in 2008 was pretty good.

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/local-politics/IPFW-poll--Hoosiers-like-Clinton-12787113
dspNY
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 12:45:11 PM »

Clinton: 54
Sanders: 41

University pollster, but their polling of the race in 2008 was pretty good.

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/local-politics/IPFW-poll--Hoosiers-like-Clinton-12787113

I think it's a single digit Clinton lead but they did get the polling right 8 years ago. Keep in mind Indiana Democrats are more moderate than Wisconsin Democrats
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 12:59:20 PM »

Do we have any GOP numbers.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 01:03:53 PM »

I don't think so.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 01:29:04 PM »

I find it curious that Clinton hasn't campaigned at all two days and hasn't spent a dime in ads in the upcoming states.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 01:30:42 PM »

I find it curious that Clinton hasn't campaigned at all two days and hasn't spent a dime in ads in the upcoming states.

Why bother? No need to waste millions anymore.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 01:36:31 PM »

Well, a win in Indiana which is supposedly Sanders-friendly territory would be the nail in the coffin and prevent an embarrassing string of defeats in May that may lead to new breathless media narratives about how weak she is.   
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »

Well, a win in Indiana which is supposedly Sanders-friendly territory would be the nail in the coffin and prevent an embarrassing string of defeats in May that may lead to new breathless media narratives about how weak she is.   

What part of 475 delegates in California don't you understand?!?!?!?!! Bernie's down by only about 300 right now!

Tongue
BundouYMB

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 02:08:12 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd love to see this type of polling in other states, although I imagine you'd get similar responses pretty much everywhere (bar a few exceptions -- I imagine voters in Vermont would list positive things about Sanders as driving their votes, for example.)
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 03:50:48 PM »

tbh Sanders isn't really trying in IN or at all now. IN should be going for Sanders rn
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 04:29:14 PM »

I could buy Clinton winning Indiana, but I seriously doubt it'll be a double-digit win.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 04:34:49 PM »

I could buy Clinton winning Indiana, but I seriously doubt it'll be a double-digit win.
I'm not so skeptical.  Ohio and Pennsylvania were both double digit wins in which Clinton won the white vote and did well in rural counties.  Maybe whatever appeal Clinton has in those states carries over to Indiana?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 04:49:36 PM »

I'm not so skeptical.  Ohio and Pennsylvania were both double digit wins in which Clinton won the white vote and did well in rural counties.  Maybe whatever appeal Clinton has in those states carries over to Indiana?

Keep in mind that PA was closed. I'm still not sure why Sanders tanked so much in OH, and that should be a concern for him in Indiana. At the same time, the demographics are more similar to Missouri, which was a true nail-biter, and Clinton hasn't done very well in the Chicago area (in IL or WI), and she needs Lake to come in big for her if she's going to win. Rural IL and MI were pretty strong for Sanders, so I'm not sure we should only be looking to OH and PA for clues about how IN will vote.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 06:00:07 PM »

She's going to lose certain states like Oregon no matter what.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 06:05:51 PM »

She's going to lose certain states like Oregon no matter what.

Yes, I know that. But if she notches up a victory in the biggest state that votes in May then the narrative will be completely different than losing 4 straight.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 02:29:14 AM »

Keep in mind that PA was closed. I'm still not sure why Sanders tanked so much in OH, and that should be a concern for him in Indiana. At the same time, the demographics are more similar to Missouri, which was a true nail-biter, and Clinton hasn't done very well in the Chicago area (in IL or WI), and she needs Lake to come in big for her if she's going to win. Rural IL and MI were pretty strong for Sanders, so I'm not sure we should only be looking to OH and PA for clues about how IN will vote.

Lake and Marion are key... Clinton won whites 61-39 and Obama won AA voters 92-8... I don't think Sanders will do that well with whites and I don't think Clinton will do that well with AA voters.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies