Out of this list, who'd be the best VP pick for Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:45:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Out of this list, who'd be the best VP pick for Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: skip
John Thune

Marco Rubio

Ted Cruz

Chris Christie

Scott Walker

Richard Shelby

Jeff Sessions

Susana Martinez

Nikki Haley

Paul LePage

Bill Haslam

Charlie Baker

Larry Hogan

John Kasich

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Out of this list, who'd be the best VP pick for Trump?  (Read 1841 times)
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »

Kasich isn't the answer. If the ticket is two old white guys, with one of them being a racist buffoon, Hillary is just going to eat them up. Trump needs to have someone who can get a foot in the door with women or minorities. Now, good luck finding that, but if she wanted the job, Martinez would be killer. Probably the best Trump can do is find some Uncle Tom, who will probably have a weak resume.
bigedlb
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 11:00:26 AM »

Alan West, or Pam Bondi (Fl)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 12:29:13 PM »

Would Walter Jones consider joining a ticket?
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2016, 06:26:27 AM »

Kasich isn't the answer. If the ticket is two old white guys, with one of them being a racist buffoon, Hillary is just going to eat them up. Trump needs to have someone who can get a foot in the door with women or minorities. Now, good luck finding that, but if she wanted the job, Martinez would be killer. Probably the best Trump can do is find some Uncle Tom, who will probably have a weak resume.

I think you're probably right. And I say this as one who likes Kasich, both in terms of his temperament and his record of achievement during his time in government. But Trump would be best served by convincing either Martinez or Haley to take his VP spot.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 06:45:00 AM »

Kasich isn't the answer. If the ticket is two old white guys, with one of them being a racist buffoon, Hillary is just going to eat them up. Trump needs to have someone who can get a foot in the door with women or minorities. Now, good luck finding that, but if she wanted the job, Martinez would be killer.

I just don't see Martinez agreeing to join a ticket with Trump.  Her recent comments suggesting that Trump's words were offensive seems like a clear signal that she's not interested.  Haley's also been pretty critical of Trump, and I can't see her doing it either.  Ayotte's busy with reelection.

Maybe Ernst?  Otherwise, both Marsha Blackburn and Mary Fallin were asked recently about running on a ticket with Trump, and they both gave evasive non-denials suggesting that they might be open to it.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 09:08:16 AM »

Marco Rubio whether or not he can deliver his home state
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 09:15:41 AM »

1. Kasich (His career is basically over after Ohio term if he doesn't end up on the national ticket)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well below Kasich as options:

2. Rubio - If he wants the position and be VP to a trump candidacy, rumor is hes warming up to the idea i've been reading.

3. Susanna Martinez - She would be a great choice for Trump but has come out hard against him several times so i don't think she would want it.

Kasich is the obvious choice no matter how much bad blood there is between now and the convention. He would help Trump win Ohio and help him in the mid-west states and also help his chances in PA. Not to mention he has all the political experience a candidate could have which would be big for someone like trump without much experience to speak of.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 09:44:57 AM »

I think you're probably right. And I say this as one who likes Kasich, both in terms of his temperament and his record of achievement during his time in government. But Trump would be best served by convincing either Martinez or Haley to take his VP spot.

Yeah don't get me wrong Kasich would be a great VP, but he just doesn't help that the ticket at all.

I just don't see Martinez agreeing to join a ticket with Trump.  Her recent comments suggesting that Trump's words were offensive seems like a clear signal that she's not interested.  Haley's also been pretty critical of Trump, and I can't see her doing it either.  Ayotte's busy with reelection.

Maybe Ernst?  Otherwise, both Marsha Blackburn and Mary Fallin were asked recently about running on a ticket with Trump, and they both gave evasive non-denials suggesting that they might be open to it.

I agree, I highly doubt Martinez would do it. Ernst could, maybe.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 10:09:15 AM »

I say pick Christie and let him take over the tough-talking, insult-slinging braggadocio style that got Trump where he is, while Trump etch-a-sketches towards presidential.

I have to pay that.

Claps.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies