IN, PA-CBS/YouGov: Clinton and Trump lead both states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:56:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  IN, PA-CBS/YouGov: Clinton and Trump lead both states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN, PA-CBS/YouGov: Clinton and Trump lead both states  (Read 4452 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 24, 2016, 12:50:07 PM »
« edited: April 24, 2016, 01:14:54 PM by Gass3268 »

I live in Ohio, which perhaps skews some of the numbers somewhat in Kasich's favor, but in my precinct (which is not merely college student housing, but predominantly freshman college-student housing, so the median voter age is roughly ~19), the final voter totals were:

John Kasich 18 (62.1%)
Ted Cruz 6 (20.7%)
Ben Carson 3 (10.3%) -- had dropped out by this point
Donald Trump 2 (6.9%)
Marco Rubio 0 (0.0%) -- was still a candidate, lol

Cruz's brand of politics isn't attractive to my generation (though there are true believers), but trump has essentially zero support whatsoever, and a very large number of those Kasich people would've gone to Cruz in a different state. I'd be interested in tracking down a similar precinct from the University of Wisconsin, in Madison (of freshman student housing); I'm sure Kasich would've still won it, but I wonder how much better Cruz (or trump) would've done.

UW-Madison doesn't have purely freshman student housing as most dorms also have lots of sophomores and some juniors. However, Kasich won the campus area. If I were too add all of the precicents that have dorms (this includes some off campus areas, but most of those folks living their would be students, off-campus housing is huge at Wisconsin) the results end up being Kasich 44%, Cruz 38%, Trump 15%. In case anyone is curious, Sanders won those same precicents 82% to Clinton's 18%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies