Pres. Hillary Clinton vs. Tom Cotton (2020)

(1/2) > >>

Senator-elect Spark:
Post maps.

Kingpoleon:

285: Cotton/Gardner(50.5%)
253: Clinton/Franken(47.4%)
Others: 2.1%

pbrower2a:
Tom Cotton is very far to the right; Gardner will have a tough time defending his Senate seat unless he has a sure chance at the Vice-Presidency. 2020 is likely to be a very rough year for Senate Republicans. Even with partisan fatigue, Americans will not want the harsh economic discipline of the gold standard, the elimination of Medicare and Social Security, and a combination of the elimination of the minimum wage and the substitution of a federal sales tax for the federal income tax. Cotton picks Joni Ernst to swing Iowa and that proves a blunder. She was going to lose her Senate seat. Her talk about castrating hogs makes her a one-trick pony. (Pardon the marginal mixed metaphor).

But even with a recession, Democrats do win Iowa, New Hampshire, and Virginia for the bare win of a nail-biter of an election. I'm tempted to believe that Hillary Clinton has selected the other Senator from Minnesota to be VP.  

277: Clinton/Klobuchar(50.5%)
261: Cotton/Ernst(47.4%)
Others: 2.1%

This assumes that Tom Cotton does not try to use wars for profit as an appeal, in which case he gets derision as "Tom Cottonmouth", an allusion to a venomous snake common in Arkansas.

Former Senator Haslam2020:
The Election would go down to Virginia. I am tempted to believe 2018 will be a disaster for the Democrats, though Cotton won't be nominated this year, this is what would happen:

Sen. Tom Cotton/Fmr. Gov. John Kasich: 281 Electoral Votes 49.5%
President Hillary Clinton/Vice President Al Franken: 257 Electoral Votes 48.9%

Give or take VA though, however, I tend to think the American people will bet tired of a large debt and democrats in general by 2020.

Figueira:
Quote from: Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 on April 24, 2016, 07:36:08 AM

The Election would go down to Virginia. I am tempted to believe 2018 will be a disaster for the Democrats, though Cotton won't be nominated this year, this is what would happen:

Sen. Tom Cotton/Fmr. Gov. John Kasich: 281 Electoral Votes 49.5%
President Hillary Clinton/Vice President Al Franken: 257 Electoral Votes 48.9%

Give or take VA though, however, I tend to think the American people will bet tired of a large debt and democrats in general by 2020.

I think Clinton will get at least 49.34235637232322223245501% in Virginia, personally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page