FOX News- IN: Trump 41, Cruz 33, Clinton +4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:12:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  FOX News- IN: Trump 41, Cruz 33, Clinton +4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FOX News- IN: Trump 41, Cruz 33, Clinton +4  (Read 6320 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: April 22, 2016, 08:53:10 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2016/03/23/fox-news-poll-national-general-election-32316/

Somethin' doesn't add up in Ailes-town

Everyone else on Atlas was predicting a Cruz victory, while I was predicting a huge victory. It seems like I'm correct.

Yes, definitely, double-digit undecideds, high Kasich performance, and single-digit margin add up to a trump victory here, and a poll from a pollster that routinely has double-digit swings for no reason confirms it.

I like this. Firefighters are already on the scene and the girl is appropriately calm.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 09:46:24 PM »

Kasich clearly despises trump and Cruz utterly; but he's polling roughly as expected for a secondary anti-trump candidate in a Midwestern state, and he'll see a small collapse on Election Day just like Cruz saw in Ohio and Kasich in Wisconsin.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:04:27 PM »

I don't know where the idea that Indiana would vote like Wisconsin came from. They are not similar states.
Wishful thinking. All the states bordering IN went firmly Trump, except for Ohio, which went Kasich because he's their governor.

...they didn't. Excluding KY, which is a caucus, Ohio voted 36% trump, Michigan voted 36% trump, and Illinois voted 38% trump. The results in those three states were meaningfully the same in the popular vote (there was a large difference in delegate results due to the different distributions of anti-trumps and different rules in all three states). There's no reason to think trump will do more than a few points better than that, and it was difficult to see that being enough to overcome Cruz even before Kasich stopped campaigning here.

Indiana is done. If trump is serious about winning this, he can do a few tours in the proportional states and then get to work on California tomorrow -- he still has a shot there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies