GA: Clinton dominates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:10:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  GA: Clinton dominates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: GA: Clinton dominates  (Read 3039 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2016, 04:37:16 PM »

GA is obviously safe R in November, but it's not impossible that she could poll this high, especially while she's leading by a decent margin nationwide and the GOP electorate is divided. She also polled very well in GA a few years back, and that was with a midterm electorate.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »

This is true; if Georgia is even competitive, then the GOP is too far gone.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2016, 07:46:13 PM by Virginia »

How insignificant is Georgia to this Presidential race? It's the mirror image of Michigan, a state which the Democrat must have as a decisive win to have a real chance at the Presidency. The Senate seat will matter more in Georgia.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Obama could have lost Michigan and still won very comfortably.

However, I suspect you meant in a scenario where Ohio and Florida were far from guaranteed, then yeah, losing Michigan would be very risky. But there are a lot of alternative paths for Democrats to take for an EC win.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2016, 07:55:09 PM »

Couldn't the Dems only find some dudes to run against Isakson? Kind of a failure for them. Probably should've found a decent recruit just for wave insurance.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2016, 07:59:19 PM »

This reminds of that poll that said Obama was going to win Arizona in 2012.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2016, 09:33:42 PM »

How insignificant is Georgia to this Presidential race? It's the mirror image of Michigan, a state which the Democrat must have as a decisive win to have a real chance at the Presidency. The Senate seat will matter more in Georgia.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Obama could have lost Michigan and still won very comfortably.

However, I suspect you meant in a scenario where Ohio and Florida were far from guaranteed, then yeah, losing Michigan would be very risky. But there are a lot of alternative paths for Democrats to take for an EC win.

By that criterion there are theoretical ways for the Democrat to win the Presidency without California, but those suggest huge shifts in voting patterns not easily contained in California alone.

True, but that would practically take a reversion to to the pattern of state voting in 1976. Jimmy Carter was the last Democratic nominee to win Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, and North Carolina -- and the last Democratic nominee to lose California, Washington, Oregon, Iowa, Michigan, Illinois, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine and still win the Presidency. That would happen again if the Republicans and Democrats ended up with the same constituencies that they had in the 1970s... which is highly unlikely.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2016, 03:33:55 PM »

This reminds of that poll that said Obama was going to win Arizona in 2012.

It also reminds me of all the disbelief that I had about Barack Obama winning either Indiana or Virginia, neither state having voted for any Democratic Presidential nominee since 1964, in 2008 in what looked like a close election.

I can say this: if Georgia goes for any Democrat in 2016, then a landslide is in the making. Georgia, the second-closest loss for Obama in 2008, would have put him at 391 electoral votes.   
HillOfANight
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2016, 04:04:35 PM »

I think they polled metro atl disproportionately. Entertaining to see Trump fail though.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2016, 06:04:51 PM »

Dislike this poll? Then wait for another. I've seen polls like that for Pennsylvania.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2016, 07:20:44 AM »

I literally just spent about 15 minutes laughing at this. SAFE R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be so smug, considering the rest of us have spent the last eight months laughing at your primary.
madelka
United States
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2016, 10:35:31 AM »

GA will be a VA 2008 redux if Trump is the nominee.
HillOfANight
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2016, 10:54:18 AM »

Couldn't the Dems only find some dudes to run against Isakson? Kind of a failure for them. Probably should've found a decent recruit just for wave insurance.

He's kind of like Georgia's Grassley. An old man people don't mind...

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/georgia
So I actually noticed Hillary got 543k votes in the 2016 primary compared to 502k for Trump, surprised considering how big the rural redneck vote is.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2016, 03:07:49 PM »

Should this be added to the database? It looks quite junky and like an internal. On the other hand, we've added Gravis and Overtime polls.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies