Misc Articles (Amendment, Supremacy, Officeholding, &c) LAST CALL for new topics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:32:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Misc Articles (Amendment, Supremacy, Officeholding, &c) LAST CALL for new topics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Misc Articles (Amendment, Supremacy, Officeholding, &c) LAST CALL for new topics  (Read 12602 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: April 18, 2016, 01:19:57 AM »

I'm really unsure why - at least for once in this convention - we need to be pandering to the Regions when it comes to this topic. This entire convention has been nothing but one set of concessions after another to the Regions. The Regions are going to be astronomically more powerful in the new game than in this one, with the only real concession made thus far being that we've sloughed off the dead weight in terms of there being too many of them (i.e.: the original problem and why we're here).

Can anyone explain to me a practical reason why the nominal will of the game at-large shouldn't determine whether or not an amendment passes nationally? Please refrain from saying that a bunch of Star Wars fans hunkering down in one corner of the country counts as "culture"/justification here.

This is being made far too complicated for the sake of fanning the cooches of the Regions. Also, the variable means for ratification should probably be jettisoned as well; this has historically been used only as a way to cause mischief, obstruct or subvert the will of the people (I should know: I've always encouraged its retention for those very reasons).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 12:58:13 AM »

[1] PLAN A
[2] PLAN B
[3] PLAN D
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 03:02:51 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2016, 05:07:11 AM by President Griffin »

It may already be covered here in terms of broad implication, but if one chamber amends a bill, what is the process for it returning to the second chamber? Is there going to be potential for an unlimited back-and-forth with versions of bills being proposed, passed and rejected, or will we have some sort of firm cut-off when it comes to the number of times any one chamber can pass a bill to send to the other? A period of time that legislation can be debated before it dies?  

Also, I echo the concerns for needing some unique elements to each chamber with respect to day-to-day operations. It's no secret that as of late, I've been burned out - I spent so long trying to get the ConCon going, it seems that I've run out of steam near the finish line. What I'm trying to say is that months and years ago, I had a lot of ideas when it came to this specific subject, but for the life of me I cannot think of anything along these lines right now. Sad

Additionally, are we going to cover any specifics in the Constitution for how each chamber elects its leaders (it's been so long that I'm forgetting whether or not we already covered this)
?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 12:13:17 AM »

Ugh, can somebody do a flow-chart like description for this? I'm having a hard time understanding the process. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 12:49:42 AM »

Since the House's specific method of election is not described in the Constitution, is there any need to specify (like we did with the Judicial Branch) a certain level of continuity in terms of what specific method the temporary Elections Officer must use?

Also...while it may be self-serving, are we really going to have an election for President and Vice President that will have less than two weeks of campaigning? I think we should amend this and just allow Duke and I to finish our terms. Cheesy Besides, there is no inherent need for a fresh election in this regard: it's necessary for the House and the Senate since there are inherent changes in the number of people in the chamber and how they're elected (and also that the House is being freshly created).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 01:13:52 AM »

I also propose the following amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies