Who will be Pennsylvania's 2 Senators in 2011?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:42:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who will be Pennsylvania's 2 Senators in 2011?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who will be Pennsylvania's 2 Senators in 2011?
Sen. Arlen Specter

Sen. Rick Santorum

Rep. Melissa Hart

Rep. Allyson Schwartz

Rep. Charlie Dent

Rep. Tim Holden

Rep. Todd Platts

Former Rep. Pat Toomey

Former Rep. Joe Hoeffel

Treasurer Bob Casey

Former Treasurer Barbara Hafer

Governor Ed Rendell

State Rep. TJ Rooney

State Rep. Jennifer Mann

Chris Heinz

Lynn Swann

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Who will be Pennsylvania's 2 Senators in 2011?  (Read 5652 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2005, 08:32:19 PM »

Casey and Holden
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2005, 12:48:06 PM »

Casey and Heinz

Although the GOP trend of Western PA worries me, hopefully the Dem. trend of the Philadelphia suburbs will even it out.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2005, 01:07:04 PM »

Tom Ridge has a lot to do with the Republican party majority in the state house and senate. He was an extremely popular Governor and he really helped out the Republican party statewide. Rendell needs to use his popularity to elect Democrats in the Southeast to seats they should be winning.

He tried in 2002 and 2004 and didn't get far.

2006 could be Rendell's chance in SEPA, with 2 potentially vulnerable U.S. House seats and a number of state House seats that are at least in reach, not to mention Governor and Senate races, we'll see just how good Rendell is.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2005, 04:14:04 PM »

Tom Ridge has a lot to do with the Republican party majority in the state house and senate. He was an extremely popular Governor and he really helped out the Republican party statewide. Rendell needs to use his popularity to elect Democrats in the Southeast to seats they should be winning.

2006 could be Rendell's chance in SEPA, with 2 potentially vulnerable U.S. House seats and a number of state House seats that are at least in reach, not to mention Governor and Senate races, we'll see just how good Rendell is.

2006 will bring good SE PA turnout but not as good as 2004. Plus, Rendell worked hard for Lois Murphy last year and still couldn't get her in. With lower turnout in 2006 and Rendell focusing more time on re-election, Murphy won't be elected. 53% to 47% Gerlach win.

PA 8 will bring another easy Fitzpatrick win. Probably about 54 or 55% for him.

What are the State House seats you are talking about? You guys have Bard's and Weber's old seats. I don't think you have much else (And sorry Flyers but Boyle isn't picking up Kenney's).
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2005, 01:01:59 AM »

2006 will bring good SE PA turnout but not as good as 2004. Plus, Rendell worked hard for Lois Murphy last year and still couldn't get her in. With lower turnout in 2006 and Rendell focusing more time on re-election, Murphy won't be elected. 53% to 47% Gerlach win.

PA 8 will bring another easy Fitzpatrick win. Probably about 54 or 55% for him.

What are the State House seats you are talking about? You guys have Bard's and Weber's old seats. I don't think you have much else (And sorry Flyers but Boyle isn't picking up Kenney's).

BTW, Weber only lost because of Rendell.  But if we put up real candidates this election, I could see Cornell, Crahalla and Harper losing, plus there's a scandal brewing in McGill's camp with a former aide suing him, I'll look for an article.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2005, 01:08:53 AM »

BTW, Weber only lost because of Rendell.  But if we put up real candidates this election, I could see Cornell, Crahalla and Harper losing, plus there's a scandal brewing in McGill's camp with a former aide suing him, I'll look for an article.

I know all about the Weber issue and if she campaigned a bit more, she would have won it. It was a less than 400 vote margin.

Cornell and Harper should be fine. Don't know much about Crahalla.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2005, 01:24:23 AM »

I know all about the Weber issue and if she campaigned a bit more, she would have won it. It was a less than 400 vote margin.

Cornell and Harper should be fine. Don't know much about Crahalla.

Cornell, Harper and Crahalla all ran against very weak opponents.  Cornell won against a nice guy, but he's 50 years old and still lives at home with his mom.  Harper's opponent was fairly qualifed, but didn't really do much campaigning and skipped out on a radio debate.  Carhalla ran against somebody who you could possibly call the female version of Brendan Boyle, young, smart, articulate and inexperienced, but on a mailing she listed "Red Lobster" under exeprience, I know that's why my aunt didn't vote for her.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2005, 01:57:18 AM »

Carhalla ran against somebody who you could possibly call the female version of Brendan Boyle, young, smart, articulate and inexperienced, but on a mailing she listed "Red Lobster" under exeprience, I know that's why my aunt didn't vote for her.

Actually Brendan Boyle and Rebecca Wall are cousins.  Not kidding!
danwxman

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2005, 03:03:09 AM »

Hopefully we won't still have two Republican senators.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

Hopefully Pennachio and Heinz. Realistically Hafer and Casey.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2005, 01:36:59 PM »

Pennacchio will not get elected, I can assure you of that.  This guy has a lot of great ideas, I agree with him more than Casey, has passion, but is a TERRIBLE speaker.  If he gets through the primary, which I doubt, I will strongly support him though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2005, 01:45:53 PM »

If he gets through the primary, which I doubt, I will strongly support him though.

You would need a Schwartz-like army, tons of money, incredible turnout in the SE and a complete shut out of Casey in the debates for Pennachio ro even have a chance at upsetting Casey. If he was the nominee, he'd lose to Santorum.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2005, 01:47:53 PM »

Lose badly too. No experience, less money, horrible speaker as Flyers said.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2005, 01:49:14 PM »

I think he'd get a good amount of money if he ever pulled off the miracle and got to the General against Santorum. I guess you mean "less" money compared to Santorum?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2005, 01:50:01 PM »

Pennacchio will not get elected, I can assure you of that.  This guy has a lot of great ideas, I agree with him more than Casey, has passion, but is a TERRIBLE speaker.  If he gets through the primary, which I doubt, I will strongly support him though.
I agree. He has an annoying voice. That's why I said hopefully. But Loony Rooney is clearing the primary so we can nominate Bob Casey, for whom I would only vote for to get Tricky Rick out of office. That way he can run for governor in 2010 and appoint a new, less conservative senator.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2005, 03:10:43 PM »

I think he'd get a good amount of money if he ever pulled off the miracle and got to the General against Santorum. I guess you mean "less" money compared to Santorum?

Yeah, I know the abortion money would start flowing.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2005, 04:33:19 PM »

I agree. He has an annoying voice. That's why I said hopefully. But Loony Rooney is clearing the primary so we can nominate Bob Casey, for whom I would only vote for to get Tricky Rick out of office. That way he can run for governor in 2010 and appoint a new, less conservative senator.

He sounded like a whiny kid that doesn't get his way.  He was also nervous speaking at an infromal bar/restaurant setting with Young Dems in Center City.  Not good.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2005, 05:55:57 PM »

Gov. Rendell? Ha! thats a good one! Smiley
Rococo4

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2005, 09:18:14 PM »

Why is there this talk of Specter resigning?  Did I miss something other than his cancer?  If he is breathing, he will keep that seat at least through the end of his current term.

Answer to question: Toomey and Santorum
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2005, 10:33:07 PM »

Why is there this talk of Specter resigning?  Did I miss something other than his cancer?  If he is breathing, he will keep that seat at least through the end of his current term.

Here's the answer:

He's doing a great job fighting the cancer now, but he still has 5 and a half years of his term left, and he might decide to call it a career.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2005, 10:38:23 PM »

Here's the answer:

He's doing a great job fighting the cancer now, but he still has 5 and a half years of his term left, and he might decide to call it a career.

I understan what Rococo is saying though. Specter has a huge ego. He might refuse to go.
Rococo4

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2005, 10:20:33 PM »

exactly...he worked so hard to beat toomey, he isnt going anywhere if he doesnt have to.  i am not 100% sold he would nt run again in 2010, though it is doubtful
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2005, 10:44:09 AM »

exactly...he worked so hard to beat toomey, he isnt going anywhere if he doesnt have to.  i am not 100% sold he would nt run again in 2010, though it is doubtful

There is no chance that he runs again in 2010.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies