Election Infoboxes! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:44:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Infoboxes! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Infoboxes!  (Read 92963 times)
Brother Jonathan

« on: February 14, 2020, 09:11:04 PM »

This Nixon v LBJ in 1960 result was produced by the simulation mode on President Elect 1988 edition. Still working on a good way to put the map in the infobox, but I'll post an Atlas style map separately for now.

Brother Jonathan

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 10:06:22 PM »

1964 from the same series

Brother Jonathan

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 07:27:42 PM »

Brother Jonathan

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 09:00:32 PM »

Sure! Here it is:

I made this a while ago, so I don't fully remember the rationale for which states McCain won. But it made sense at the time. If I recall though he did well with over 65s (Florida, and to some extent Arizona), suburban voters (strong support in NOVA, Atlanta Suburbs, and St. Louis/Kansas City areas), moderates (New Hampshire) and benefitted from suppressed  turnout among social conservatives, and poor GOP numbers among Mormons, (Utah).It was something like that, anyway.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 10:54:07 PM »

Sure! Here it is:

I made this a while ago, so I don't fully remember the rationale for which states McCain won. But it made sense at the time. If I recall though he did well with over 65s (Florida, and to some extent Arizona), suburban voters (strong support in NOVA, Atlanta Suburbs, and St. Louis/Kansas City areas), moderates (New Hampshire) and benefitted from suppressed  turnout among social conservatives, and poor GOP numbers among Mormons, (Utah).It was something like that, anyway.

What program do you use for the maps? I can never get them to look right. Currently on MS Paint.

I use Inkscape for Wikipedia style maps. You can download it for free (https://inkscape.org/) and it allows you to edit .svg maps, which is mostly what Wikipedia uses. It's not that difficult to figure it out, either.

Brother Jonathan

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 09:22:35 AM »

Some infoboxes I have saved from quite a while ago:

And one I made based on a story I was working on some time ago:
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 08:09:23 PM »

And one I made based on a story I was working on some time ago:

Interesting idea, but what is Cheney appointed Sec. of State when he's running for the House in 1980? Why wouldn't Ford just find some other guy?

Also--a two-term Mondale presidency is intriguing

That's just a mistake. There is also, looking back on it, no reason that a Secretary of State would run for the House really. I would probably just eliminate his House service all together, looking back on it.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 06:19:30 PM »

A rather boring one I made while trying to get the election map in the infobox. Haven't quite gotten it yet. Pretty simple scenario, where Kyl decides to no resign in favor of McSally and runs for another term in 2020, narrowly winning re-election over Mark Kelly by outrunning Trump in Maricopa.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 09:00:47 PM »

Something I made to try and test ways to better integrate Inkscape maps into infoboxes. It came out pretty well I think

Backstory to this is very bare-bones at the moment, but I may try to flesh it out more in the future.
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2023, 11:09:42 AM »

From a Model UN crisis scenario, I ran. This was the last election in a timeline of events that started in 1969.

The map is really just for the visual, though there was an effort to make it at least somewhat accurate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies