Election Infoboxes! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:40:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Infoboxes! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Infoboxes!  (Read 92999 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: December 18, 2019, 09:43:23 PM »

This is great, but wouldn't California First get a lot more votes than 4 million if it wins 46 seats in CA?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 09:00:16 PM »

the 1873 Election for TTL's CSA. I'll do the 1879 and 1885 elections later.

What do the two parties stand for? And also why would Twain get into politics, and Confederate politics at that (IIRC he wasn't too hot on the Southern cause)?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 04:32:25 PM »

My earnest prediction for that one election happening in a few months

Why the turnout so low?
VOTER APATHY
BOTTOM TEXT

Why does it say voter turnout increased from 2016 when it obviously went down?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 10:54:24 AM »

This is for a potential TL I'll consider making around the same PODs for the Keys to the White House game I'll get started on later today. Thougts?

Let me guess: Huey Long runs as a third-party candidate?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 06:19:32 PM »

And one I made based on a story I was working on some time ago:

Interesting idea, but what is Cheney appointed Sec. of State when he's running for the House in 1980? Why wouldn't Ford just find some other guy?

Also--a two-term Mondale presidency is intriguing
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 07:11:17 AM »

And one I made based on a story I was working on some time ago:

Interesting idea, but what is Cheney appointed Sec. of State when he's running for the House in 1980? Why wouldn't Ford just find some other guy?

Also--a two-term Mondale presidency is intriguing

That's just a mistake. There is also, looking back on it, no reason that a Secretary of State would run for the House really. I would probably just eliminate his House service all together, looking back on it.

It definitely looks like a good TL.

The thought of Cheney running the show at the end of the Cold War & Desert Storm is pretty fascinating. Also a Jerry Brown led Democratic party would be so different from the IRL Clinton Dems.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 02:53:38 PM »

Harris only wins California with just 60.4%? How much does she lose nationwide then?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 03:36:51 PM »

As 2022 begins, Minority Leader McConnell continues to block Democratic legislation by employing the filibuster, pressure mounts from the Democratic base to abolish the filibuster. For the time, Republicans remain fractured over the failed conviction vote of former President Trump (which fails 56-44). After securing concessions from Senator Manchin, Majority Leader Schumer nukes the legislative filibuster, and Democrats begin to pass their agenda on narrow party line votes, with Vice President Harris breaking the tie. Republicans protest furiously, but are generally impotent to do anything about it. Controversial DC and Puerto Rican statehood bills are introduced, with Congress taking action on the former first. Without any federal means to block DC statehood (attempts to challenge the move in court are resoundingly rejected) - Republicans decide to employ their nuclear option. Still in control of the Georgia Governorship and State Legislature, Republicans threaten to adopt the district rule (otherwise known as "Maine Rule") in Georgia if Democrats continue with plans admit DC as a state. Democrats decide to call the Republicans bluff.

Fast-forward to November 2024, and...

Does Biden die in this timeline, or just resign before his term is up?

I'd personally imagine that if Biden died, especially close to the election, Harris would get a big sympathy bump similar to LBJ in 63/64.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies