CT - Emerson: Trump +24, Clinton +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:53:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CT - Emerson: Trump +24, Clinton +6
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CT - Emerson: Trump +24, Clinton +6  (Read 5287 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2016, 11:14:29 AM »

PeteB
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:20:29 AM »

Very strong numbers from both Clinton and Trump!
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 11:24:01 AM »

As much as Emerson usually sort of sucks, this seems about right. Looks like Trump will most likely sweep all delegates in CT. (AFAIK, it's WTA by CD.) I wonder how fast the media will switch from "TRUMP IS DOOMED" to "TRUMP IS INVINCIBLE, CRUZ IS DOOMED" after Trump wins in a blowout on both 19 April and 26 April.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 11:30:40 AM »

Emerson has does a lot of landline & older voter sampling which is why Clinton does awesome in these polls.

If she is +6 in Emerson, I think in truth Sanders may well be tied or ahead. With so much time left, I think Sanders has a big BIG chance of winning CT (& this means probably CT as well).

Great results for Sanders!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 11:34:09 AM »

If that helps you sleep at night.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 11:36:22 AM »

If that helps you sleep at night.

It is the truth which most literate people would accept. I am yet to see crosstabs or breakups but Emerson giving +6 to Clinton 14 days before a poll is usually very strong news for Sanders
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 11:37:21 AM »

Clinton will win CT easily. Strong demographics for her, closed primary.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 11:40:37 AM »

I mean, for all the sh**t it gets, wasn't Emerson the most accurate in Wisconsin? And Lief is right, it's closed, going to be 20%+ non-white, and 65%+ over the age of 45. And Sanders is sh**tting the bed with the gun issue right now. But because it's in New England, it all leads to a comfortable single digit win for Clinton.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 11:44:24 AM »

I mean, for all the sh**t it gets, wasn't Emerson the most accurate in Wisconsin? And Lief is right, it's closed, going to be 20%+ non-white, and 65%+ over the age of 45. And Sanders is sh**tting the bed with the gun issue right now. But because it's in New England, it all leads to a comfortable single digit win for Clinton.

It's amazing how, aside from Michigan, the polling and the demographics almost always predict the right winner, and the margin, within a few points. Bernie fans expecting a double digit win in CT are deluded.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 11:48:26 AM »

It's amazing how, aside from Michigan, the polling and the demographics almost always predict the right winner, and the margin, within a few points. Bernie fans expecting a double digit win in CT are deluded.

Demographics have been even more accurate than polling. Even in Michigan most demographic models were predicting a modest Sanders lead.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 11:49:36 AM »

Demographics have been even more accurate than polling. Even in Michigan most demographic models were predicting a modest Sanders lead.

Do you have any links to these models? I'd like to see what they were based on because Michigan hadn't had a competitive Democratic primary in a long time.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 11:55:25 AM »

I think that Benchmark Politics blog had MI at basically a tie, despite the polls showing Clinton +20.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 12:02:34 PM »

I think that Benchmark Politics blog had MI at basically a tie, despite the polls showing Clinton +20.

And Nate Silver's model was Sanders +4, IIRC.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 01:02:03 PM »

Pretty good for Sanders from an Emerson poll. Ads are just starting to run for him in the state.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 01:51:51 PM »

Wow, Cruz just continues to be stunningly weak.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 02:03:04 PM »

Wow, Cruz just continues to be stunningly weak.

For the rest of April, Kasich is Ted Cruz's best friend.  But when IN primary comes, it will be back to "a vote for Kasich is a vote for Trump, Hillary, Putin, and Hitler"
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 02:06:43 PM »

ITT: Clinton hacks trash another poster for suggesting this poll might be biased toward Clinton based on flimsy evidence, and then go on to assert that it's biased toward Sanders, based on flimsy evidence.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 02:11:36 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2016, 02:13:11 PM by Sorenroy »

I think this poll has some major issues. The easiest one I can see is that Sanders leads Clinton 58-39 among voters age 18-24. I can't think of any state that has had that small of a divide (correct me if I'm wrong. Also, while CT is a closed primary, it does have same-day registration. Also this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Edit: also, this finds a Kasich win in the general of the state, and it has the largest favorabilities for Sanders (+60 to +32 for Clinton).
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 02:13:09 PM »

ITT: Clinton hacks trash another poster for suggesting this poll might be biased toward Clinton based on flimsy evidence, and then go on to assert that it's biased toward Sanders, based on flimsy evidence.

This happened?
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 02:14:52 PM »

I think this poll has some major issues. The easiest one I can see is that Sanders leads Clinton 58-39 among voters age 18-24. I can't think of any state that has had that small of a divide (correct me if I'm wrong. Also, while CT is a closed primary, it does have same-day registration.
Here's the under 30 vote for states with exit polls (WI was >80% Sanders)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 02:27:32 PM »

This happened?

Closed primary = always bad for Sanders, exaggerating demographic advantage for Clinton, etc.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2016, 02:51:09 PM by Landslide Lyndon »

This happened?

Closed primary = always bad for Sanders, exaggerating demographic advantage for Clinton, etc.

Well, that's a fact. Except when the primary is full of conservative Dixiecrats who vote Sanders only because they want to stick it to Obama.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 02:50:07 PM »

Does CT have a winner take all threshold for the at large delegates on the GOP side?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 02:56:55 PM »

This happened?

Well, that's a fact. Except when the primary is full of conservative Dixiecrats who vote Sanders only because they want to stick it to Obama.

So the evidence is the Southern primaries, and Oklahoma doesn't count? That doesn't really give us much basis to predict the NE contests, and it certainly isn't what I would consider solid evidence for predicting that Clinton will significantly beat her poll numbers.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 02:58:37 PM »

50% WTA trigger for the At-Large delegates, proportional with 20% threshold otherwise.  CD delegates are WTA (no trigger).

If Trump were to sweep the state, that's a 10-delegate haul over my projections for Trump; that's nothing to sneeze at.

Even if he doesn't, winning all 5 CDs and shutting Cruz out of delegates would still be a good night for him.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies