make me a map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:27:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  make me a map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: make me a map  (Read 2821 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« on: June 07, 2005, 11:15:04 AM »
« edited: June 07, 2005, 11:25:08 AM by Jake »

I'll quible with PA. There is no way the north would vote on economic issues and still go for the Republicans. The poorest township in my county went 65% for Bush. Also, the Southeast would still vote Republican and the Southwest would vote for the Democrats.

Also, NM is poor from what I've gathered and would vote overwhelmingly Democrat if they voted on economic issues.

A few states like MD, FL, and NH are definite mixes. Hispanics vote on social issues and so do the northern transplants, whites vote on economic issues. Most of Maryland's population is clustered in Baltimore and Prince Georges/Montgomery County. Large black populations that vote on economic issues and large suburban population that votes on social issues.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 04:15:14 PM »

The Southeast swung the state. Philadelphia will always be Democratic due to their voting on economics all the time and the "T" will always be Republican due to their voting on social issues. The Northeast and Southwest are swinging Republican due to their voting increasingly on social issues. Leaving Allegheny County which is staying Democratic for the most part, though suburban sprawl in that area is swinging the outer counties towards the Republicans. This leaves the Southeast and the largest concentration of people in PA. Bucks, Delaware, Montco, Lehigh, Monroe, Berks, and Chester are Democrat on the national level due to social issues.

The only areas in the state that vote on economics are Philadelphia and to a lesser degree Allegheny.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies