NY (Fox News): Clinton +16; Trump at 54
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:42:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  NY (Fox News): Clinton +16; Trump at 54
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NY (Fox News): Clinton +16; Trump at 54  (Read 4732 times)
psychprofessor

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 10, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »

Trump 54
Kasich 22
Cruz 15

Clinton 53
Sanders 37

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/10/fox-news-poll-trump-clinton-rule-empire-state.html
dspNY
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 08:31:57 AM »

Dem electorate looks locked in

85% of Clinton supporters are certain to support her
79% of Sanders supporters are certain to support him
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 08:34:28 AM »

Hoping Clinton nears 60. Her base is Philly and NE.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 08:37:13 AM »

Probably looking at something like 57-43 or 58-42 according to that poll
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 08:39:27 AM »

Looks like a very poor poll - I think the "Junk" Label could be added - There are no break-ups of number or % of voters under age 18-29, over 65 etc which could decide. No breakup of whites, blacks, hispanics in the Dem Primary.

It's a random sample - 748 Landline & 655 Cell for both parties - No breakups of one. The landline number seems such that it is likely to have a more older mix than other polls thus favoring Clinton.

Regardless of results, looks a poor man's poll.

One notable thing - 30% of Sanders supporters would consider voting 3rd party vs 6% of Clinton's!
dspNY
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 08:43:56 AM »

Looks like a very poor poll - I think the "Junk" Label could be added - There are no break-ups of number or % of voters under age 18-29, over 65 etc which could decide. No breakup of whites, blacks, hispanics in the Dem Primary.

It's a random sample - 748 Landline & 655 Cell for both parties - No breakups of one. The landline number seems such that it is likely to have a more older mix than other polls thus favoring Clinton.

One notable thing - 30% of Sanders supporters would consider voting 3rd party vs 6% of Clinton's!

I think the margin is almost exactly right and if anything understates Clinton's advantage by around 3-4 points. Almost half the sample was cell phones which makes sense and the crosstabs make sense but my question is whether they folded most of the Latino numbers into the white crosstab. The age breakdowns make sense for NY's population. We are an older state; we're not all hipsters here!
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 08:45:59 AM »

A good portion of Sanders'supporters are not Democrats and wouldn't have voted for her or any Democrat not named Bernie Sanders. Yet both beat Trump by similar margins.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 08:52:03 AM »

Dem race by race:

whites:
Clinton 51%
Sanders 38%

blacks:
Clinton 61%
Sanders 29%

GOP race by education level:

college degree:
Trump 49%
Kasich 26%
Cruz 16%

no college degree:
Trump 62%
Kasich 16%
Cruz 14%

GOP second choice:
Kasich 31%
Cruz 24%
Trump 10%

The second choices of Trump supporters:
Kasich 40%
Cruz 26%

The second choices of Kasich supporters:
Cruz 44%
Trump 26%
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 08:54:14 AM »

Interesting.  I wasn't aware that Philly was in New York.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 09:02:43 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2016, 09:05:15 AM by Shadows »

I think the margin is almost exactly right and if anything understates Clinton's advantage by around 3-4 points. Almost half the sample was cell phones which makes sense and the crosstabs make sense but my question is whether they folded most of the Latino numbers into the white crosstab. The age breakdowns make sense for NY's population. We are an older state; we're not all hipsters here!

You will be shocked with the numbers -

This is the break-up

Age - Under 45 - 27% of the Voters
Age - Over 45 - 63% of the Voters

(Based on their Under & Above 45 Breakup & Overall Result - You can use unitary method to deduce the same)

Based on past polls on an average close to 43-44-45% of the voters is under 45. In Michigan, it was very high (above 50%) & some-places much lesser.

If I take the average age-break up in Dem contest & put it with the breakup, Clinton is leading Sanders around 50%-40% (10% Gap).

That is why I said this poll has too high a weight-age of older voters - Same reason why Trump is only down 16% to Clinton when Romney lost by 30%

I think it is safe to toss this as junk - But as a Sanders fan this is Sanders' best NY poll so far!
dspNY
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 09:05:07 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2016, 09:10:21 AM by dspNY »

This is the break-up

(Based on their Under & Above 45 Breakup & Overall Result - You can use unitary method to deduce the same)

Based on past polls on an average close to 43-44-45% of the voters is under 45. In Michigan, it was very high (above 50%) & some-places much lesser.

If I take the average age-break up in Dem contest & put it with the breakup, Clinton is leading Sanders around 50%-40% (10% Gap).

That is why I said this poll has too high a weight-age of older voters - Same reason why Trump is only down 16% to Clinton when Romney lost by 30%

I think it is safe to toss this as junk - But as a Sanders fan this is Sanders best NY poll so far!

Umm...the last time New York had a competitive primary 63% of the voters WERE 45 or older and it'll probably be higher than that this year because NY is an aging state! You sound like the Romney people trying to unskew polls.

In fact, in 2008 30% of the Dem electorate was 60 or older and 33% was 45-59. This is Clinton's wheelhouse in NY. These are people who have voted for a Clinton five times (Bill twice and Hillary three times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 09:06:55 AM »

She's beating Trump 45/42 and Sanders 50/44. Clinton will win 50/46 Pa. But, I do believe Clinton, with Trump has 271 to clinch election with Castro and chance to win Va for 284.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 09:08:54 AM »

ME 2
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 09:22:37 AM »

You too?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 09:23:43 AM »

This is the break-up

I think it is safe to toss this as junk - But as a Sanders fan this is Sanders best NY poll so far!

Umm...the last time New York had a competitive primary 63% of the voters WERE 45 or older and it'll probably be higher than that this year because NY is an aging state! You sound like the Romney people trying to unskew polls.

In fact, in 2008 30% of the Dem electorate was 60 or older and 33% was 45-59. This is Clinton's wheelhouse in NY. These are people who have voted for a Clinton five times (Bill twice and Hillary three times)

Do you have links, proofs to show 63% of the voters were over 45 because this is completely not matching with almost any of the states voting this time? NY has a lower median age than almost all North-Eastern states.

As you say the older voters stays but a section of the older people die & the newer voters added are mostly Sanders voters,  9-16 year old voters of 2008 will be voting now!

Secondly, most of the states have aged by 1-1.5 years odd from 05 to now. NY by comparison has aged from 0.7 which means in comparison to other states it has aged less.

I am sticking with a +10 Clinton as per this poll (which is junk IMO) till we get 63% of the voters being 45 & above
http://www.denverpost.com/datacenter/ci_28937933/chart-compare-average-age-each-u-s-state
dspNY
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 09:27:47 AM »

This is the break-up

Do you have links, proofs to show 63% of the voters were over 45 because this is completely not matching with almost any of the states voting this time? NY has a lower median age than almost all North-Eastern states.

As you say the older voters stays but a section of the older people die & the newer voters added are mostly Sanders voters,  9-16 year old voters of 2008 will be voting now!

Secondly, most of the states have aged by 1-1.5 years odd from 05 to now. NY by comparison has aged from 0.7 which means in comparison to other states it has aged less.

I am sticking with a +10 Clinton as per this poll (which is junk IMO) till we get 63% of the voters being 45 & above
http://www.denverpost.com/datacenter/ci_28937933/chart-compare-average-age-each-u-s-state

http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/results/vote-polls/NY.html

Roll down to where it says age and get a little educated about my home state
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 09:28:13 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2016, 09:31:54 AM by Shadows »

http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#NY

CNN Exit Poll showing 63% of the voters above 45!
dspNY
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 09:29:00 AM »

This is the break-up

Roll down to where it says age and get a little educated about my home state.

Also remember that New York has been LOSING congressional districts for the past 40 years which is the ultimate sign of an aging state
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 09:35:59 AM »

This is the break-up

Yea I posted the poll before seeing your post.

If the numbers of 08 hold, 63% - 45 & above, 37% - 44 & Lower.

Clinton gets 52% to Sanders 39%, 9% Undecided/Other. Clinton leads by 13% as of now according to this poll.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 09:48:41 AM »

Shadows desperately skewing the polls as his candidate's nasty and dishonest campaign crashes and burns. Sad!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 10:06:48 AM »

Shadows desperately skewing the polls as his candidate's nasty and dishonest campaign crashes and burns. Sad!

I am calling for your ban - A 13, 14 or 16% does not make much of a difference, it is within the MOE!

You should be banned!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 10:21:49 AM »

I am calling for your ban - A 13, 14 or 16% does not make much of a difference, it is within the MOE!

You should be banned!

Shadows supports a communist and wants to shut down speech of those who disagree with him. Un-American, not good!
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 10:39:25 AM »

This is the break-up

Yea I posted the poll before seeing your post.

If the numbers of 08 hold, 63% - 45 & above, 37% - 44 & Lower.

Clinton gets 52% to Sanders 39%, 9% Undecided/Other. Clinton leads by 13% as of now according to this poll.

Stop trying to unskew the polls. It didn't work for President Romney.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2016, 10:47:36 AM »

Stop engaging Shadows please. The guy is an obvious troll/sock if I ever saw one.
He makes winfield and jfern's posts look thoughtful and even-handed.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2016, 11:02:23 AM »

I'm guessing the GE poll was junk because it was based of off primary voters. These margins look about right, so I'm definitely sticking with my prediction of Clinton by 15%, and Trump getting 55%.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies