Should a Jewish baker be forced to bake a cake for a Nazi wedding? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:36:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should a Jewish baker be forced to bake a cake for a Nazi wedding? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should a Jewish baker be forced to bake a cake for a Nazi wedding?
yes

no

no, and I see what you're trying to do here and it's not going to work

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 190

Author Topic: Should a Jewish baker be forced to bake a cake for a Nazi wedding?  (Read 17982 times)
dax00

« on: April 15, 2016, 04:51:48 PM »

If one offers a service to the public realm, said service should not be denied for any ambiguous reason whatsoever (i.e. running out of stock or shutting down are not ambiguous and therefore okay reasons). It is up to the employer what to do if an individual employee refuses to comply. If a Jewish employer told his employee not to bake a cake for a Nazi wedding, that would not be okay. If an employer told his Jewish employee to bake the cake for the Nazi wedding or else get terminated, that would be okay. A good compromise would be to dock the Jewish baker's pay and have one of the other bakers there make the cake. If all the bakers there are Jewish and Nazis request for them to make a cake, it has got to be made.

You can as easily substitute the words 'Christian' for 'Jewish' and 'gay' for 'Nazi'. The principle is the same, and I remain consistent.
dax00

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 12:27:12 PM »

In short, all cake baking offered to the public must me done at any given establishment. If a particular baker refuses for any reason, the employer should reserve the right to terminate said baker.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies