The Clinton campaign goes PUMA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:36:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Clinton campaign goes PUMA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Clinton campaign goes PUMA  (Read 3079 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2016, 12:26:29 AM »

Well, they can dish it out, but can't take it. Pathetic.

...but enough talking about the Sanders campaign.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2016, 12:32:28 AM »

Well, I guess I should stop reading threads with"Clinton" or "Sanders" in them for the next few days, since these threads seem destined to deteriorate into sh*tstorms. And you know what they say about looking into the abyss.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2016, 11:22:54 AM »

I think that's an ignorant and simple-minded caricature. Clinton and other elected officials are influenced by the system of political (esp. fundraising and consulting) networks in which they are immersed. It doesn't mean that she's evil or "morally bankrupt." It just means that she and others are biased toward certain ways of understanding issues and analyzing policy, and predisposed toward favoring the interests of certain groups at the expense of others.

This is exactly it, and what so many of the comments mad at Sanders seem to miss, or at least how they seem to make me confused. Is this an illegitimate position to hold? If not, how are you supposed to raise it without it being characterized as a personal attack?

I share some sympathy with the view that some of Bernie's supporters are taking it as accusations of her being fully corrupt, but again I ask, how are we to speak about the influence of money in politics if it's going to get cast as a personal attack every time we do?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies