Democratic Wisconsin Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 11:37:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Wisconsin Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Author Topic: Democratic Wisconsin Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)  (Read 19263 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: April 05, 2016, 10:48:25 PM »

Anyone else surprised that bernie isn't doing a little better in dane?

Nope

Wisconsin Primary Preview by Region Part 1

Dane County (Purple)

Democrats – Sanders is going to do well here, but as ElectionsGuy alluded to, Clinton will have areas of strength as well. I expect her to do well in the more well to do western parts of Madison and suburbs like Middleton or Verona. While I expect Sanders to run behind Obama’s 08 margin, he should dominate around the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Isthmus. Do not be shocked if he breaks 80% in some of the precincts east of the Capitol on the Isthmus He should also do well in the more middle class/blue collar eastern parts of the city and the surrounding countryside/suburbs. Yuge Sanders.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #376 on: April 05, 2016, 10:49:19 PM »

Looking at the map I would not be shocked in Clinton only wins Milwaukee County.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #377 on: April 05, 2016, 10:49:45 PM »

Jeff Zeleny said the Clinton camp is growing impatient with Sanders and she wants to pivot to the general election so she is about to really go after his gun record his "pie in the sky" policies, etc., and cause him to lose legitimacy by defeating him in upcoming states.
You mean like the complete opposite of this?

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #378 on: April 05, 2016, 10:49:51 PM »

Uh, why are Democrats so surprised that Bradley won? Republican turnout was higher than Democratic turnout, with more ballots being cast in the GOP primary:

827438 (52%)
765074 (48%)   (That's with 79% reporting on the GOP side and 81% reporting on the Democratic side)

And the numbers for the Supreme Court race so far: 53% Bradley, 47% Kloppenburg

So, not exactly shocking.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #379 on: April 05, 2016, 10:50:06 PM »

Kloppenburg campaign manager on local TMJ4 sounds like a moron. Trying to remain hopeful but can't really can't say much lol
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #380 on: April 05, 2016, 10:50:35 PM »

Sanders' victory in Wisconsin could be seen a mile away, and the details in his victory look to follow very much what has happened so far. Wisconsin appears to have the same results as Michigan and Illinois, however the Detroit and Chicago metro areas were big enough to keep Sanders close in Michigan and have him lose narrowly in Illinois. Without those big metro areas, Wisconsin is Sanders country. Milwaukee isn't big enough for Clinton, and you have a Sanders sweep of nearly all counties, winning 60% in many down the middle but only 50% in the vast majority.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #381 on: April 05, 2016, 10:53:51 PM »

Sanders' victory in Wisconsin could be seen a mile away, and the details in his victory look to follow very much what has happened so far. Wisconsin appears to have the same results as Michigan and Illinois, however the Detroit and Chicago metro areas were big enough to keep Sanders close in Michigan and have him lose narrowly in Illinois. Without those big metro areas, Wisconsin is Sanders country. Milwaukee isn't big enough for Clinton, and you have a Sanders sweep of nearly all counties, winning 60% in many down the middle but only 50% in the vast majority.

Yet she's only winning Milwaukee County by 2%. That's embarrassing. Obama won it 63-35 in 08.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #382 on: April 05, 2016, 10:54:58 PM »

So, clearly Sanders will easily win NY. LOL.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #383 on: April 05, 2016, 10:59:47 PM »

If Walker is reelected in 2018, I will be officially done with this state.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #384 on: April 05, 2016, 11:00:52 PM »

Looking at the map I would not be shocked in Clinton only wins Milwaukee County.

Hillary seems likely to win both Burnett and Polk Counties in NW... Actually won them last time too. They love Hills in the St Croix River basin.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #385 on: April 05, 2016, 11:02:04 PM »

Uh, why are Democrats so surprised that Bradley won? Republican turnout was higher than Democratic turnout, with more ballots being cast in the GOP primary:

827438 (52%)
765074 (48%)   (That's with 79% reporting on the GOP side and 81% reporting on the Democratic side)

Thank you. Simply raging against college kids will not win you elections in the long run. If the dems are going to secure the states, they need to get their voters out. Imagine the margins if there had not been a competitive democratic primary this year? Would people be raging at Hillary for this loss? Probably not.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #386 on: April 05, 2016, 11:02:11 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2016, 11:03:48 PM by Megameow »

What do you mean? (no sass please -.-) New York has different demographics, and the geography of the state suggests a different outcome. The metro NYC area looks very favorable to Clinton, so regardless of the outcome of the rest of the state that alone suggests she would win New York. As for the rest of it, I'd imagine Sanders winning strongly in the Adirondack region near Vermont and competitive or winning in western Upstate New York. Clinton should do well in Buffalo and Rochester, while Sanders should do well in Ithaca and perhaps Albany.

My point is that looking at the geography of results so far can tell us a great deal about the states that haven't voted. Geographic patterns help in our predictions, and Wisconsin followed my personal geographic expectations exactly.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2016, 11:04:28 PM »

What do you mean? (no sass please -.-) New York has different demographics, and the geography of the state suggests a different outcome. The metro NYC area looks very favorable to Clinton, so regardless of the outcome of the rest of the state that alone suggests she would win New York. As for the rest of it, I'd imagine Sanders winning strongly in the Adirondack region near Vermont and competitive or winning in western Upstate New York. Clinton should do well in Buffalo and Rochester, while Sanders should do well in Ithaca and perhaps Albany.

My point is that looking at the geography of results so far can tell us a great deal about the states that haven't voted. Geographic patterns help in our predictions, and Wisconsin followed my personal geographic expectations exactly.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I was pointing out that demographics have pretty much nailed the dem race thus far, but Bernie fans keep acting like a decent win in a state where they should get a decent win is an amazing come from behind victory.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2016, 11:05:29 PM »

Don't you have term limits? He's been in there since 2010.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #389 on: April 05, 2016, 11:05:48 PM »

Hillary seems likely to win both Burnett and Polk Counties in NW... Actually won them last time too. They love Hills in the St Croix River basin.

Polk flipped hard after I made that prediction, lol. Burnett is still closish. Marinette County will be close too.  
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #390 on: April 05, 2016, 11:05:56 PM »

827438 (52%)

Thank you. Simply raging against college kids will not win you elections in the long run. If the dems are going to secure the states, they need to get their voters out. Imagine the margins if there had not been a competitive democratic primary this year? Would people be raging at Hillary for this loss? Probably not.

Yeah, I know people love to hate on Sanders supporters, particularly the younger ones, but I don't think we can throw all the blame for this at their feet. And simply getting mad at them won't solve anything.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #391 on: April 05, 2016, 11:09:05 PM »

Nope, he can be Governor as long as Wisconsin wants him to be. Hell Tommy Thompson might still be Governor today if Bush didn't appoint him to be the HHS Secretary.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #392 on: April 05, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »

The race was just called for Bradley. Wisconsin continues to be a freedom state at the federal level, but a horrible state at the local level.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #393 on: April 05, 2016, 11:09:32 PM »

No undemocratic term limits.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #394 on: April 05, 2016, 11:11:10 PM »

NO... and he would've gotten rid of them if there would have been any in much the same way he got rid of the Government Accountability Board and changed the John Doe laws. He's a plague.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #395 on: April 05, 2016, 11:12:53 PM »

President Clinton is going to give us every branch of the Wisconsin government and control of redistricting there on a silver platter.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #396 on: April 05, 2016, 11:13:47 PM »

The race was just called for Bradley. Wisconsin continues to be a freedom state at the federal level, but a horrible state at the local level.

HHHHHS. I envy you, Washingtonian.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #397 on: April 05, 2016, 11:22:21 PM »

Clinton won Burnett County. I'm guessing she'll get 3 now.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #398 on: April 05, 2016, 11:22:40 PM »

President Clinton is going to give us every branch of the Wisconsin government and control of redistricting there on a silver platter.

Sad but true.

Of course a 5-4 SCOTUS vote to end partisan gerrymandering could have happened by then. (wakes up)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #399 on: April 05, 2016, 11:23:21 PM »

so did clinton really win 75% of black vote?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies