Democratic Wisconsin Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 07:31:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Wisconsin Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: Democratic Wisconsin Primary results thread (polls close at 9pm ET)  (Read 19214 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 05, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »

Why are Democrats undeperforming in the Supreme Court race in Milwaukee County? Kloppenburg is only up 8 points (53.8%-46.2%) there. Not enough for a Democrat to win statewide.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #326 on: April 05, 2016, 09:57:40 PM »

The Supreme Court results are looking very disappointing.

Where are you seeing them?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #327 on: April 05, 2016, 09:58:54 PM »

The Supreme Court results are looking very disappointing.

Where are you seeing them?

Here's a good website that also shows the county by county results:

http://www.wisconsinvote.org/
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #328 on: April 05, 2016, 10:00:09 PM »

I can't believe my eyes with the Supreme Court results. Is there a chance for this to turn around? Sad

What's the story there?
Local issues never get enough attention.  Likely much more consequential to real people than whether Bernie loses by 250 or 230 delegates.
In Washington we have some prick who stuffs the ballot with initiatives to dramatically lower taxes and change programs for the worse every year, under nice-sounding names to try to trick unknowing voters into destroying the state economy.  Ought to be illegal.

Tim Eyman is literally the worst thing about Washington state and 80% of the reason we can't have nice things. Also a great example of why the initiative system is a double-edged sword
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #329 on: April 05, 2016, 10:02:02 PM »

The spread percentage between Sanders and Hillary is growing.
Sanders numbers are slowly getting larger by the hour.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #330 on: April 05, 2016, 10:02:18 PM »

I can't believe my eyes with the Supreme Court results. Is there a chance for this to turn around? Sad

What's the story there?
Local issues never get enough attention.  Likely much more consequential to real people than whether Bernie loses by 250 or 230 delegates.
In Washington we have some prick who stuffs the ballot with initiatives to dramatically lower taxes and change programs for the worse every year, under nice-sounding names to try to trick unknowing voters into destroying the state economy.  Ought to be illegal.

Tim Eyman is literally the worst thing about Washington state and 80% of the reason we can't have nice things. Also a great example of why the initiative system is a double-edged sword

Yeah, it's sad how many people don't care about local races. And this too, Tim Eyman is such an awful con artist.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #331 on: April 05, 2016, 10:02:22 PM »

The same thing that makes Sanders increasing his lead likely hurts Kloppenburg; most of the rest of the precincts are more rural. It's not impossible (maybe around 3/4 to a million votes left), and Bradley's lead has gone down slightly (now "only" leads by 95k), but I really doubt it. Sorry man... it's really disappointing, even for me as a NCer.

Half of Dane County is still out though?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2016, 10:05:15 PM »

Why are Democrats undeperforming in the Supreme Court race in Milwaukee County? Kloppenburg is only up 8 points (53.8%-46.2%) there. Not enough for a Democrat to win statewide.

If Sanders is only losing by 2%, Hillary did an awful vote at getting out her voters in the City of Milwaukee.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #333 on: April 05, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »

What's the story there?

Maybe we should have superdelegates for ballot initiatives.  Or just get rid of them altogether.  But then I also think judges shouldn't be elected, superdelegates are a good thing and that the American people should have no say whatsoever in Supreme Court nominees, so nobody should be surprised that I oppose ballot initiatives too.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P P
« Reply #334 on: April 05, 2016, 10:08:47 PM »

The same thing that makes Sanders increasing his lead likely hurts Kloppenburg; most of the rest of the precincts are more rural. It's not impossible (maybe around 3/4 to a million votes left), and Bradley's lead has gone down slightly (now "only" leads by 95k), but I really doubt it. Sorry man... it's really disappointing, even for me as a NCer.

Over on http://wisconsinvote.org/election-results it shows 1,600 precincts still out. You are right that Dane still has a lot left (76 precincts), but I don't see how that and the other scattered urban, liberal precincts gain 90k votes to take the lead. But what do I know, Kloppenburg has cut Bradley's lead from 100,000 to 80,000 since I first read Arch's post.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #335 on: April 05, 2016, 10:09:56 PM »

Over on http://wisconsinvote.org/election-results it shows 1,600 precincts still out. You are right that Dane still has a lot left (76 precincts), but I don't see how that and the other scattered urban, liberal precincts gain 90k votes to take the lead. But what do I know, Kloppenburg has cut Bradley's lead from 100,000 to 80,000 since I first read Arch's post.

Yeah, this looks bad. Sad

I really don't get it. Did Bernie voters stay out of that race?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #336 on: April 05, 2016, 10:10:09 PM »

Mercy please. This state makes me want to cry in disappointment. Ever since I moved in, it's been nothing but chaos in local politics.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #337 on: April 05, 2016, 10:12:10 PM »

Hillary's sabre-rattlers over at PPP have her down 6? 

Looks like my 56-43 Sanders prediction is going to be right on the money.  The Northwest of Cheeseville is LOVING the Bern. 

^ sexy prognostication from yours truly.  I'm on the rolls!
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #338 on: April 05, 2016, 10:12:32 PM »

Hillary doing very poorly in Milwaukee, black turnout must have been terrible.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: April 05, 2016, 10:13:24 PM »

You can bet a lot of the BernieBros at all the college's just came out for him and had no idea who else was running.

Bradley hopefully can hang on. That would make an almost perfect night. Barrett and Abele win re-election, all the good alderman won re-election or are elected for the fist time in Milwaukee. Anti-streetcar alderman on the north side goes down to a pro-streetcar candidate. Donovan only up by 69 votes in his own district with 29 left (he's filth) and good results from the county board.

Yes, I'm supporting liberals/conservatives across the board lol
yourelection

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #340 on: April 05, 2016, 10:14:40 PM »

Maybe Bernie voters are just that Bernie voters.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #341 on: April 05, 2016, 10:15:07 PM »

Klopenburg was outspent 3:1, the WI Dem party failed her. Maybe EMILY's List instead of wasting millions in MD-SEN/PA-SEN they could've spent here.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #342 on: April 05, 2016, 10:16:32 PM »

A lot of the push here in Dane county was by students at the UW. While I appreciate their dedication to Bernie, I'm also fairly certain they aren't interested or knowledgeable about local races, even though they should be.

But yes, the supreme court results are what have me most upset--and why I made sure to vote, as my other votes were essentially pointless. I'm hoping Dane county results will help, but I'm afraid they probably won't be enough to turn things around for Kloppenburg.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #343 on: April 05, 2016, 10:17:41 PM »

Klopenburg was outspent 3:1, the WI Dem party failed her. Maybe EMILY's List instead of wasting millions in MD-SEN/PA-SEN they could've spent here.

Really? The ads in the Milwaukee media market were 3:1 in her favor.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P P
« Reply #344 on: April 05, 2016, 10:18:03 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2016, 10:20:09 PM by Sorenroy »

Mercy please. This state makes me want to cry in disappointment. Ever since I moved in, it's been nothing but chaos in local politics.

If you look at the live modules for the Republicans and Democrats, they estimate that there are around 50,000 voters left on the Dem side and 45,000 on the Republican side in Dane County. If that's true then any chance of gaining back some votes is gone. Also, Bradley's lead has increased back up to 85,000.

Edit: with Dane County filling out, that has dropped back down to 68,000 lead, but there are 43 Dane precincts left to go (1,350 precincts overall).
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #345 on: April 05, 2016, 10:18:10 PM »

A lot of the push here in Dane county was by students at the UW. While I appreciate their dedication to Bernie, I'm also fairly certain they aren't interested or knowledgeable about local races, even though they should be.

But yes, the supreme court results are what have me most upset--and why I made sure to vote, as my other votes were essentially pointless. I'm hoping Dane county results will help, but I'm afraid they probably won't be enough to turn things around for Kloppenburg.

Exactly how I feel.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #346 on: April 05, 2016, 10:19:49 PM »

Good to know my home state doesn't care about AIDS victims.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #347 on: April 05, 2016, 10:21:29 PM »

What's the story there?

Maybe we should have superdelegates for ballot initiatives.  Or just get rid of them altogether.  But then I also think judges shouldn't be elected, superdelegates are a good thing and that the American people should have no say whatsoever in Supreme Court nominees, so nobody should be surprised that I oppose ballot initiatives too.

Yeah elected judges are a serious travesty
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #348 on: April 05, 2016, 10:23:23 PM »

Not only did the dumbass Sanders kids likely not know anything about the Supreme Court race without labels, but there's probably a good chunk of them that actually voted for Bradley (people who know nothing about races without labels basically coin-toss as a whole in the ballot box, with slight deference to the one at the top of the ballot). This has to be what has happened: surely there aren't hordes of people just on one side and from one candidate not completing their ballots.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #349 on: April 05, 2016, 10:27:42 PM »

Weaver is claiming Democrats will have an open convention.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies