NY,PA,WI-CBS/YouGov: Sanders/Cruz in WI; Clinton/Trump in NY, Trump in PA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:06:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  NY,PA,WI-CBS/YouGov: Sanders/Cruz in WI; Clinton/Trump in NY, Trump in PA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: NY,PA,WI-CBS/YouGov: Sanders/Cruz in WI; Clinton/Trump in NY, Trump in PA  (Read 3772 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2016, 12:10:52 PM »

I am not sure how accurate this is -

Sanders get 31% of the black vote by 19% of the Hispanic vote.

18-29 vote is 15% odd, higher than Florida but lower than almost all other or most states. So considering the above too, there is still chance for Sanders to catch up further. A solid win in Wisconsin, WV followed by a good debate can make this a reasonably close race
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2016, 12:15:21 PM »

I wonder if Sanders is sinking a bit. Could be that pointing out his dramatically negative tone is convincing some voters that he doesn't really care about the Democratic Party or actually making enough friends to implement his "revolution" come January.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2016, 12:35:26 PM »

SO WAIT...............

Hillary leads Sanders by 18% when only factoring in registered democrats, EXCEPT NY is a closed primary so there shouldn't be any independents in this poll, right?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2016, 12:48:48 PM »

SO WAIT...............

Hillary leads Sanders by 18% when only factoring in registered democrats, EXCEPT NY is a closed primary so there shouldn't be any independents in this poll, right?

Independents can register as Democrats for the purpose of a primary and still identify as independents when asked.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2016, 12:59:22 PM »

SO WAIT...............

Is it identification or registration? For political purposes, I registered as a Democrat in CT so I could vote in the primary, but I identify as an Independent.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2016, 01:07:07 PM »

does anyone else sorta feel like WI on the R side is shaping up to be similar to Ohio? Some polls there showed a fairly comfortable kasich lead (+5,+6, etc), while some polls (PPP, Yougov) had it tied or really close. Ended up being a ten point win for the governor.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2016, 01:08:41 PM »

SO WAIT...............

Independents can register as Democrats for the purpose of a primary and still identify as independents when asked.

SO WAIT...............

Is it identification or registration? For political purposes, I registered as a Democrat in CT so I could vote in the primary, but I identify as an Independent.

It says "Party ID" like all their other polls. In my opinion, it would be clearer if they required the people being polled to have to identify, not just say they're a likely democratic primary voter.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2016, 01:12:42 PM »

SO WAIT...............

At the same time, they would have had to be registered as a Dem in December to vote in New York.  I hope they accounted for this, but we will see.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »

SO WAIT...............

At the same time, they would have had to be registered as a Dem in December to vote in New York.  I hope they accounted for this, but we will see.

Huh. I thought the registration deadline was sometime in late March.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2016, 01:20:47 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2016, 01:25:19 PM by Mehmentum »

SO WAIT...............

At the same time, they would have had to be registered as a Dem in December to vote in New York.  I hope they accounted for this, but we will see.

The deadline to change registration between parties was in December.  The deadline to register as a new voter was in late March (yes, its stupid).
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2016, 01:44:59 PM »

CBS/YouGov has had difficulty screening for likely voters in past contests, both closed and open primaries.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 01:46:17 PM »

CBS/YouGov has had difficulty screening for likely voters in past contests, both closed and open primaries.

Don't they have some weird system where they give you "points" for participating in the poll>?
dspNY
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 01:50:56 PM »

Only 19% of the Democratic sample was 65+. In 2008 that was 30%, when the primary was held in February, a month with far fewer senior citizens in NY than April. Expect the senior vote to be at least a quarter of the overall vote on 4/19, if not higher
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »

SO WAIT...............

The deadline to change registration between parties was in December.  The deadline to register as a new voter was in late March (yes, its stupid).
So Yeah he is probably screwed.  Better hope his ground game was good getting people to register. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2016, 02:20:08 PM »

I don't really see how Hillary wins WI - but we'll see. I still predict something like 55-44 for Bernie.

I think MKE comes in big for her, I hope she pulls through. Sanders is gonna have a hard time in a closed primary in Pennsylvania. Philly is gonna do it.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2016, 02:28:23 PM »

I guess the question is whether they asked, "are you a registered Democrat or have no party affiliation?", or if they asked "do you identify as a Democrat or a political independent?" Either way it's kind of sketch to add indies in a poll of a closed primary.

And the MoE on both Wisconsin and New York polls are pretty big so they're kind of sh**t.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2016, 03:33:30 PM »

I guess the question is whether they asked, "are you a registered Democrat or have no party affiliation?", or if they asked "do you identify as a Democrat or a political independent?" Either way it's kind of sketch to add indies in a poll of a closed primary.

And the MoE on both Wisconsin and New York polls are pretty big so they're kind of sh**t.

I was polled for New York. They asked if I was a registered Democrat.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2016, 03:39:36 PM »

I was polled for New York. They asked if I was a registered Democrat.

Same. I don't remember any questions about how I "identified." Not sure why independents were included in this.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2016, 03:42:19 PM »

So weird to include indies then. Some people might be getting their hopes up for nothing.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2016, 03:51:51 PM »

I mean, this is sort of what we've come to expect from YouGov.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2016, 06:31:46 PM »

Good on the GOP side! NY is in line with most everything else and PA is about what I'd expect. Trump is a good fit.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2016, 06:37:02 PM »

Good on the GOP side! NY is in line with most everything else and PA is about what I'd expect. Trump is a good fit.

thank god for PA's weird delegate allocation.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2016, 06:52:15 PM »

WI Dems by race…

whites:
Sanders 52%
Clinton 45%

blacks:
Clinton 61%
Sanders 25%

NY Dems by race…

whites:
Sanders 51%
Clinton 44%

blacks:
Clinton 65%
Sanders 31%

Hispanics:
Clinton 75%
Sanders 19%
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »

BUT...KASICH IS GONNA BEAT TRUMP IN PA!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »

Hillary leads by 18 among registered Dems in NY. Not sure why they included independents, other than incompetence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies